if we got pick 1, would you trade it for KG in a package
Author Thread
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
5/3/2005  7:47 PM
Posted by TMS:

i would...pick 1 for KG? that's a no brainer...KG is a once in a generation type talent...who knows what Bogut will be? (of course, that doesn't mean i think it'll ever happen, but i've already said my piece on that topic)

i would trade the #1 pick for the following players in a heartbeat:

KG
Lebron
Kobe
Amare
Wade
Duncan
Dwight Howard

Exactly; Garnett is proven talent, and definetly play for fact. Bogut looks good in college, but how do you know how he's going to do in the NBA?
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/3/2005  8:19 PM
This thread is ridiculous. Bogut over KG? Okay, lets trade T-Mac for Gerald Green, while we're at it. This is totally ridiculous. If you can get one of the greatest players in basketball, and all it takes is a pick, you do it, period.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/3/2005  9:07 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I would be thrilled with either KG or Bogut!

Same here, man! Peace and love!
Knicks_Fan
Ray15
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #668
5/4/2005  12:33 AM
I love Bogut -- he does it all. He reminds me of Sabonis and Vlade with his ability to pass and hit the open shot. However, he can also bang down low and I think he'll develop into a quality post scorer as well. My only question is how will his defense and shotblocking develop? I love the fact that he went to school for a few years and it is clear that the kid works his butt off and loves to compete. I think at worst he will develop into a Brad Miller type but at best he will be the next great center the NBA will see.

Many of you are jumping all over Briggs because he's not willing to trade this "potential" for KG. What if Bogut turns out to be a Brad Miller or even a little worse?

However, ask yourself if we had KG, would we win a title? The answer is no. Even if we kept our best players, KG and Marbury were able to co-exist, and we lured a quality coach we still wouldn't have the pieces to win it all in my opinion. We have many gaps, especially defense, that need to be filled. If we with Bogut, however, and build around him for 2 to 3 years, we could position ourselves to be contending for the title year in, year out.

It's almost as if you guys are taking the Dolan approach in this argument. Mortgage our future by getting a guy who is in his prime now (about to go on the decline of his career and has never won anything) just to make the playoffs for the next few years. My stance is if we're not winning a championship, why not select the 20 year old who could be better or worse than KG? We could build around him with defensive, hardnosed guys and actually build a quality franchise rather than a team that makes the playoffs for a few years.
Defense and Toughness
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/4/2005  1:00 AM
Good post!

The sad thing is that we are here debating if we would keep Bogut or tade him for KG when we neither have read real rumors about KG being avaliable nor we have the best chance of getting the #1 pick. Thats the sad reality of Knicks fans. We can only hope, only dream. When will one of those dreams really come true. In my NBA Live game I had the 13th pick or something like that and got the #1. Maybe thats a sign (ha!). Anyway, it wouldn't hurt us fans that, for a change, one of those dreams can come true. I can only pray that we get that #1 pick...
Knicks_Fan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
5/4/2005  8:29 AM
Briggs, have you ever watched KG play? He can completely dominate and has carried multiple crappy teams on his back to good regular season reecods and the playoffs in the West. He and Stephon would give you an instant contender and possibly the best team in the East. The chances Bogut ever reaches KG's level are remote. The chances he is better than KG have to be extremely small, so small that one should not even consider that outcome. You are a f-cking idiot if you wouldn't trade Bogut for KG. You're getting too attached to these prospects.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/4/2005  9:02 AM
However, ask yourself if we had KG, would we win a title? The answer is no. Even if we kept our best players, KG and Marbury were able to co-exist, and we lured a quality coach we still wouldn't have the pieces
We'd be much closer. We'd just need to make a few smart decisions. Good use of the MLE each year and expiring contracts to add players that compliment Marbury and Garnett. Marbury and Garnett would be at least as dominant as Wade and Shaq next year
Ray15
5/4/2005  2:09 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
However, ask yourself if we had KG, would we win a title? The answer is no. Even if we kept our best players, KG and Marbury were able to co-exist, and we lured a quality coach we still wouldn't have the pieces
We'd be much closer. We'd just need to make a few smart decisions. Good use of the MLE each year and expiring contracts to add players that compliment Marbury and Garnett. Marbury and Garnett would be at least as dominant as Wade and Shaq next year

Are you serious?? Wade is so much better than Marbury on both ends of the court and Shaq is heads and shoulders more dominant than KG.
Defense and Toughness
Stevo718
Member: #559
5/4/2005  3:06 PM
Briggs, have you ever watched KG play? He can completely dominate and has carried multiple crappy teams on his back to good regular season reecods and the playoffs in the West. He and Stephon would give you an instant contender and possibly the best team in the East. The chances Bogut ever reaches KG's level are remote. The chances he is better than KG have to be extremely small, so small that one should not even consider that outcome. You are a f-cking idiot if you wouldn't trade Bogut for KG. You're getting too attached to these prospects.

Thanks... before this post I was starting to think that everyone here thought KG was as good as Ostertag.

Bogut will be a solid big man and enjoy a nice career in a league with a dwindling amount of quality big men.

To compare Bogut with KG is simply preposterous.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/4/2005  3:10 PM
Posted by Ray15:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Are you serious?? Wade is so much better than Marbury on both ends of the court and Shaq is heads and shoulders more dominant than KG.

Shaq is more dominant, Wade is not so much better than Marbury. He's not as good a shooter, passer, or ball-handler.

I already have a problem comparing guys when one of them plays with the most dominant player in the league. Damon Jones looks like someone special now. Everyone looks better playing with Shaq. Look at Kobe right now, he looks like the T-Mac of old right now.
Bonn1997
USA
5/4/2005  3:51 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Ray15:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Shaq is more dominant, Wade is not so much better than Marbury. He's not as good a shooter, passer, or ball-handler.

I already have a problem comparing guys when one of them plays with the most dominant player in the league. Damon Jones looks like someone special now. Everyone looks better playing with Shaq. Look at Kobe right now, he looks like the T-Mac of old right now.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm also not sure that Shaq will be more dominant than Garnett next year. Shaq's aging. Garnett will probably put up better #s, but their impact might be comparable.
Ray15
5/4/2005  4:10 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Ray15:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm also not sure that Shaq will be more dominant than Garnett next year. Shaq's aging. Garnett will probably put up better #s, but their impact might be comparable.

The whole point is which duo is better. So if Shaq makes everybody better and KG doesn't, well then that proves my point right there. As far as Wade vs Marbury, it's not even close. Wade is right with Marbury on the offensive end but he also changes the game on the defensive end as well. Marbury on most nights gives up just as many points as he scores. I would trade Marbury and the 8th pick to get Wade right now.
Defense and Toughness
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
5/4/2005  4:26 PM
Posted by Ray15:

However, ask yourself if we had KG, would we win a title? The answer is no. Even if we kept our best players, KG and Marbury were able to co-exist, and we lured a quality coach we still wouldn't have the pieces to win it all in my opinion. We have many gaps, especially defense, that need to be filled. If we with Bogut, however, and build around him for 2 to 3 years, we could position ourselves to be contending for the title year in, year out.

It goes deeper than that. If we had KG with out current squad as you say, we are an instant contender. Now, if there is a free agent(possibly a center) out there looking to win a ring, hes going to seriously look at New York, for signing their MLE or pushing for a
sign-and-trade. To say we wouldnt have a great shot at winning the title with 2 franchise players who are in their prime, and several solid role players to round them off, and any FA who would be attracted to playing with Steph and KG, is ludicrous. Believe it or not, we arent rebuilding, just restructuring. Now, imagine we have Bogut. He's uncertain. He won't attract any FA. And we would have to move 85% of the roster(which is impossible) in order to have the right players around Bogut. This trade is still a no brainer.
Ray15
5/4/2005  4:30 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by Ray15:

It goes deeper than that. If we had KG with out current squad as you say, we are an instant contender. Now, if there is a free agent(possibly a center) out there looking to win a ring, hes going to seriously look at New York, for signing their MLE or pushing for a
sign-and-trade. To say we wouldnt have a great shot at winning the title with 2 franchise players who are in their prime, and several solid role players to round them off, and any FA who would be attracted to playing with Steph and KG, is ludicrous. Believe it or not, we arent rebuilding, just restructuring. Now, imagine we have Bogut. He's uncertain. He won't attract any FA. And we would have to move 85% of the roster(which is impossible) in order to have the right players around Bogut. This trade is still a no brainer.

KG is about to decline as Briggs pointed out. Marbury is about to decline -- it boggles my mind why we played him 45 mins a night when we were out of it. If KG, Cassell, Spree, Wally, and the supporting cast they had couldn't win it all, I don't know how you think KG, Marbury, Crawford and our supporting cast can. KG doesn't solve the problem that our defense is still awful. How would we guard shaq in the ECF if we made it there? You think we could match up with Detroit?
Defense and Toughness
Bonn1997
USA
5/4/2005  5:02 PM
Posted by Ray15:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Ray15:
Posted by Bonn1997:

The whole point is which duo is better. So if Shaq makes everybody better and KG doesn't, well then that proves my point right there. As far as Wade vs Marbury, it's not even close. Wade is right with Marbury on the offensive end but he also changes the game on the defensive end as well. Marbury on most nights gives up just as many points as he scores. I would trade Marbury and the 8th pick to get Wade right now.
Garnett doesn't make players better? We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. He's got an awful supporting cast of players with the wrong attitude this year, but last year he elevated Cassel to being an all-star for the first time in his career and elevated an aging Spree's game to higher than it had been the prior year in NY.
if we got pick 1, would you trade it for KG in a package

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy