[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

if we got pick 1, would you trade it for KG in a package
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/3/2005  1:37 PM

my answer, fck NO. I would only trade pick 1 for 3 players Amare Stoudemire Lebron James or Dwight Howard.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/3/2005  1:44 PM
i would...pick 1 for KG? that's a no brainer...KG is a once in a generation type talent...who knows what Bogut will be? (of course, that doesn't mean i think it'll ever happen, but i've already said my piece on that topic)

i would trade the #1 pick for the following players in a heartbeat:

KG
Lebron
Kobe
Amare
Wade
Duncan
Dwight Howard
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
jaydh
Member: #96
5/3/2005  1:48 PM
definately would. adding KG would make us an instant contender. getting a proven allstar in his prime for an unproven player who will take several years to reach his potential, if he ever reaches his potential. I would take KG in a second. That would also give our team more credibility, making other good players wanting to sign here. Having Bogut isn't going to lure any FA.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/3/2005  1:52 PM
I don't know how Boguts upside, but you must think the world of the kid!
BRIGGS
5/3/2005  2:05 PM
Posted by Nalod:

I don't know how Boguts upside, but you must think the world of the kid!

My opinion on Bogut stands clear, I think he's the next big man winner in this league. I don't mean to put any stat next to his name, although i have said 22-12-5, but I guarantee you that Andrew Bogut will be on a team that will win multiple championships, and he will be the main cog. there is something about him

KG hasnt won anything in 10 years, 1 WCF in 10 years. they couldnt even make the playoffs this year. on top of it, he has an undisclosed problem with his knee. Nope, i pass.
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
USA
5/3/2005  2:07 PM
you think if you were to put Bogut on all those teams that KG played on, they would have won titles by now?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
5/3/2005  2:27 PM
Posted by TMS:

you think if you were to put Bogut on all those teams that KG played on, they would have won titles by now?

there is no sense of reality in that question. I would say that if the Knicks were lucky enough to acquire pick 1, I feel that with just a few tweaks we could win it all. Putting two guys who hate each other on the same team, guys who don't have synergy or even the talent level of a Kobe Shaq, wouldnt work. Bogut is the perfect fit for this team, both short and long term. I think people are underestimating Bogut.
RIP Crushalot😞
SkyWalker
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #814
5/3/2005  2:33 PM
i probably would. Trading Bogut for KG straight up? I feel like it is a no brainer. KG is a great player. Forget his contract because the Dolan's can afford it. Its not like the knicks will have any cap space anytime soon. Bogut is a very nice player but no where near the level of a KG and will never. KG has not had much else to work with on his teams. Last year was the first year they had the talent. They were the #1 seed in the west and won their first playoff series. Not bad. No player in the NBA can do it alone besides for Jordan. Shaq made the finals with Penny in his prime, didn't win anything until Kobe became a star, and now he has wade.
Kenny SkyWalker
TMS
USA
5/3/2005  2:48 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by TMS:

there is no sense of reality in that question. I would say that if the Knicks were lucky enough to acquire pick 1, I feel that with just a few tweaks we could win it all. Putting two guys who hate each other on the same team, guys who don't have synergy or even the talent level of a Kobe Shaq, wouldnt work. Bogut is the perfect fit for this team, both short and long term. I think people are underestimating Bogut.

i don't think i'm underestimating Bogut at all...to put him in the class w/the elite players in the NBA before he's proven anything is way too premature...the fact that i would only trade him to get that list of players should tell you how highly i think of him...there are several great players i left off the list there that i think would not be worth the longterm trade off to make, Shaq included.
BRIGGS
5/3/2005  2:52 PM
Bogut is a very nice player but no where near the level of a KG and will never.

How do you base this? Bogut could be better than KG and has his entire career ahead of him.

Always look at something like this as well--if this guy is so much better, why would Mchale trade him for Bogut? If Mchale was willing to trade KG for Bogut, wouldnt that make you think why? the answer would be age creeping up, knee problems starting to show, and the fact that KG wasnt good enough to carry a team with pretty good players to an 8t seed this year. Not to mention, KG and Stabury dont even talk to each other. The whole equation, not the name. Stats lie, winning doesnt.
RIP Crushalot😞
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
5/3/2005  2:54 PM
I cannot see why anyone would not agree to number 1 pick for KG. I cannot see Stephon wasting his time and helping a guy for a few years become a franchise center. Thats, IF he is good enough to become a franchise. That cannot be determined yet cause he hasnt played a minute in the pro's. KG is a franchise. If he can run with Stephon, that team is a legitimate contender. So my answer is fck yes.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
TMS
USA
5/3/2005  3:26 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

How do you base this? Bogut could be better than KG and has his entire career ahead of him.

Always look at something like this as well--if this guy is so much better, why would Mchale trade him for Bogut? If Mchale was willing to trade KG for Bogut, wouldnt that make you think why? the answer would be age creeping up, knee problems starting to show, and the fact that KG wasnt good enough to carry a team with pretty good players to an 8t seed this year. Not to mention, KG and Stabury dont even talk to each other. The whole equation, not the name. Stats lie, winning doesnt.

you're telling me i have no basis on saying Bogut isn't in KG's class when your whole premise behind wanting to keep him is that you just feel in your gut that he's a winner...i have real NBA stats to prove to me just how good of a player KG is...until i see Bogut show something in the NBA, i'm sorry, i just can't put him in the same class.
BRIGGS
5/3/2005  3:52 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BRIGGS:

you're telling me i have no basis on saying Bogut isn't in KG's class when your whole premise behind wanting to keep him is that you just feel in your gut that he's a winner...i have real NBA stats to prove to me just how good of a player KG is...until i see Bogut show something in the NBA, i'm sorry, i just can't put him in the same class.

all right would u trade dwight howard for kG if you were orlando.? i would not.
RIP Crushalot😞
BigAppleStar3
Member: #683
USA
5/3/2005  3:59 PM
Andrew Bogut is never going to be Kevin Garnett so we'd be stupid not to trade it.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/3/2005  4:39 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

Andrew Bogut is never going to be Kevin Garnett so we'd be stupid not to trade it.
I think that was the best reply so far! No need to even give a long explanation
BRIGGS
5/3/2005  4:49 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

these ludicrous blanket statements. I'm sure a 7-1 245 multi-faceted skill player who owns a 7-5 wingspan and is well-built, highly intelligent, a warrior who already has near flawless fundamentals, is a near magician with the ball at 20 years old, who lead a team that wouldnt even win 10 games without him to the sweet sixteen and a 28-5 record while averaging 21 points 12 rebounds 3 assists 2 blocks while shooting 62% despite nightly triple teams has no chance for greatness when we see Jerome James dominate in the playoffs. Cant happen, he will never be kG, no chance:>)

KG does not equal Patrick Ewing KG= a great stat player who has no real position + couldnt get into the playoffs this year, on top of which has an undisclosed knee problem and will be 30 next year.

KG is a great player, but I dont think he will be what Bogut will. Now I can talk sht for 5 years, but believe me, he will be the MAIn cog on championship teams. On top of which, AB will be dominanting this sport many years after KG is gone with the 10 year age differnce.
RIP Crushalot😞
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
5/3/2005  5:07 PM
I don't understand it? People overrate draft picks so much. KG is a true franchise player, defensively and offensively. I mean everyone thinks alot of these prospects are going to be great. What percentage actually turn out to be great and not just good? If you have a proven star you don't jack him for a draft pick which will overwhelmingly likely to give you a return less than what you give up. Goes to show, that even people who research basketball all day and know every stat aren't necessarily better decison makers (GM wise) than folks who know next to nothing.
BRIGGS
5/3/2005  5:50 PM
Posted by nykshaknbake:

I don't understand it? People overrate draft picks so much. KG is a true franchise player, defensively and offensively. I mean everyone thinks alot of these prospects are going to be great. What percentage actually turn out to be great and not just good? If you have a proven star you don't jack him for a draft pick which will overwhelmingly likely to give you a return less than what you give up. Goes to show, that even people who research basketball all day and know every stat aren't necessarily better decison makers (GM wise) than folks who know next to nothing.

Well, if you go by statistics, the pick 1+2 has yielded a high % of all NBA superstars. You'll have the occasional bust, but that is a big minority. the odds are with you that the number1 or two pick will at minimum be an nBA all star.

I love KG, but let's face some facts. What kind of franchise player in his prime with a good supporting cast, doesnt even make an 8t seed?
Hes been in the nBA for 10 years. For you youngsters, you couldve put Magic Johnson on the same team that KG has right now and they would been in the west finals at a minimum.
he's been a great stat player, he hasnt brought his team to a high level. its not like they have had sht parts, the bottom line is they havent won.

NBA superstars are ALL unproven at some point, no?
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/3/2005  6:31 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

these ludicrous blanket statements.
Ludicrous blanket statements? Didn't you say that Bogut is guaranteed to win multiple championships? Even superstars like Karl Malone and Patrick Ewing never won championships. I'm not gonna use a word like ludicrous, but it does sound a bit unreasonable to say that Bogut's team is guaranteed to win multiple championships.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/3/2005  6:35 PM
I would be thrilled with either KG or Bogut!
if we got pick 1, would you trade it for KG in a package

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy