[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fran Vazquez--out of our consideration
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/3/2005  10:35 AM
i never had him in there in fact I kept dropping him to the 20s. He's a role player and a tweener. I read something bad about him on rivals on how it was a joke that ALL of the foreign based players purported to be lottery pick on NBA mocks were ranked higher than Sean May. This is one of the scouts that does the listings for the entire site,and that includes all foreign players coming into both the nBA and college. He said there are two guys that would be considered lottery picks, Louis Scola[late lottery] already chosen by the Spurs and Andrea Bargnani who is supposedly the highest ranked guy by a margin. Even Petro was named higher than BOTh Splitter and Vazquez. So right now I would say that no foreign born player will be picked by the Knicks, I think maybe a Petro or even a Splitter have minimal chances, but I doubt it.

The names IMHO, we will be considering are Warrick, Webster, Granger, Taft, Wright, Paul, these are the names you will end up seeing, the value players at our area. Dont be surpirsed to see Chris paul on the knicks either, as he was ranked ahead of all these guys with Granger second. Granger by the way is 6-8 225 with a 7-3 wingspan and a 38 1/2 inch vertical lift, which is why his defensive and rebounding stats are so good. Both college coaches and nBA players consider long arms a top asset and he is being likend to Scottie Pippen by Rivals.
Persoanlly I think its going to come down to Taft, Granger or Webster, and Paul will be above us for pretty much sure.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/3/2005  10:40 AM
love Granger but he's never healthy
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigAppleStar3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #683
USA
5/3/2005  11:30 AM
Danny Granger is my pick at 8th! :) I also rank him ahead of Tiago Splitter, Fran Vazquez, Chris Taft and Martynas Andriuskevicius. I know we need size but none of the guys around 8th are worth it. We cannot do what Toronto did last year. They passed up on Andre Iguodala and drafted Rafael Araujo. Same thing will happen if we take Splitter or Vazquez and pass up on Granger. At 6'8", Granger has the size, strength and most of all the attitude to be a very good NBA player. He shot 43% from three and averaged 2 bpg and 2 spg. He's not a one dimensional player like Tim Thomas. Granger at SF will improve the D tremendously!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/3/2005  11:42 AM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

Danny Granger is my pick at 8th! :) I also rank him ahead of Tiago Splitter, Fran Vazquez, Chris Taft and Martynas Andriuskevicius. I know we need size but none of the guys around 8th are worth it. We cannot do what Toronto did last year. They passed up on Andre Iguodala and drafted Rafael Araujo. Same thing will happen if we take Splitter or Vazquez and pass up on Granger. At 6'8", Granger has the size, strength and most of all the attitude to be a very good NBA player. He shot 43% from three and averaged 2 bpg and 2 spg. He's not a one dimensional player like Tim Thomas. Granger at SF will improve the D tremendously!

right. There is a lot of things Granger brings to the table

4 years in college
fully developed game
fully developed body with long arms and superior type athletic ability
excellent defense+ rebounding stats with effecient FG% with high scoring average
can play in out, tough guy, good character
has been injury prone, but has played through it for the most part, nothing major league

Im pretty much ar Granger Taft Webster for pick 8--if we are taking the most ready guy, than we will be taking Granger

and my hope is Nate Robinson falls to 30. He has a lot of the same attributes, will help our D immediately full physical body with great skills and best athlete in draft bar none.exciting marketable player.
RIP Crushalot😞
BigAppleStar3
USA
5/3/2005  12:00 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

right. There is a lot of things Granger brings to the table

4 years in college
fully developed game
fully developed body with long arms and superior type athletic ability
excellent defense+ rebounding stats with effecient FG% with high scoring average
can play in out, tough guy, good character
has been injury prone, but has played through it for the most part, nothing major league

Im pretty much ar Granger Taft Webster for pick 8--if we are taking the most ready guy, than we will be taking Granger

and my hope is Nate Robinson falls to 30. He has a lot of the same attributes, will help our D immediately full physical body with great skills and best athlete in draft bar none.exciting marketable player.

Uh, not high on Nate Robinson. :/ Too small.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/3/2005  12:02 PM
I'd take a long look at Taft, Warrick and Granger at 8. I think you have to do due diligence on Splitter and Petro. They seem so athletic, you have to see if their game would translate.

At 30, I wouldn't mind Nate Robinson at all. It'd be nice to get a SG with some length though.
¿ △ ?
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
5/3/2005  2:52 PM
I like Danny Granger the guy has some game. He can rebound from the small forward position and shoot the ball but he's not going to get ALOT better then he already is and thats fine he's a fine player as he stands now. There is absolutely no way that I would take him at the 8th spot in the NBA draft, he has some potential but you know what your going to get from him there won't be much more else then that. He's a player that I envision being a borderline all-star and make a 2-3 all-star appearances in his career. Someone like Chris Taft or Gerald Greene have the potential to be bigtime players in this league, especially when you are talking about Greene. Leave Granger out of the lottery talk, he's better suited in being picked around 13-17.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 05/03/2005 14:54:07]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
5/3/2005  3:49 PM
I agree that he is a good role player and we don't need him. I like him, he can be a good player, but definately he is not in Gasol league.
BigAppleStar3
USA
5/3/2005  4:02 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

I like Danny Granger the guy has some game. He can rebound from the small forward position and shoot the ball but he's not going to get ALOT better then he already is and thats fine he's a fine player as he stands now. There is absolutely no way that I would take him at the 8th spot in the NBA draft, he has some potential but you know what your going to get from him there won't be much more else then that. He's a player that I envision being a borderline all-star and make a 2-3 all-star appearances in his career. Someone like Chris Taft or Gerald Greene have the potential to be bigtime players in this league, especially when you are talking about Greene. Leave Granger out of the lottery talk, he's better suited in being picked around 13-17.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 05/03/2005 14:54:07]

How isn't Danny Granger going to get better? He's only 22 years old!
rain
Member: #353
USA
5/3/2005  8:43 PM
Some Granger..

http://www.draftcity.com/viewarticle.php?a=108

He doesn't sound like the super-athlete some are making him out to be. His reach and love for defense. I think he'll be a very solid player, does he have the moves or ball-handling to get his own shot? That's the question I have. I take him over Warrick. But between he and Joey Graham... I could go either way. The above is a good interview with Pics. Sounds like a good guy.
Fran Vazquez--out of our consideration

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy