[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

counter idea to the KG to NY rumor
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/3/2005  12:50 AM
imo, if MIN wants to set themselves up for a run at a championship, trading KG is not the answer...in fact, ironically enough, if i were them, i'd be looking into what it might take to get Stephon Marbury in a trade to return to MIN...

an offer of Wally Szcerbiak, Sam Cassell's expiring contract & the #14 pick for Stephon might be something that would help get them to the next level...that would also give the Knicks some good cap relief as Cassell's contract expires after next season, & Wally would give the Knicks a good shooter to complement Crawford on the perimeter that i think he would work alot better with than Marbury, since both Stephon & Jamal like to dominate the ball to be at their best.

imo, that's alot more realistic & could very well be a deal Isiah might be interested in, especially if Phil Jackson were to come to NY to coach...i think he likes Jamal & every triangle needs a good shooter like Wally to be successful...w/the 3 1st round picks & MLE, the Knicks would be hardpressed not to come out of the draft w/o at least 1 starting calibre bigman.

C - Taft (#8 pick) / MLE free agent (Gadzuric or Anderson)
PF - KT / Sweetney / Rose
SF - TT / Ariza / JYD
SG - Wally / (#14 pick)
PG - Crawford / Cassell
IR - Mo T / Houston / Penny

that's not a bad team to go forward with at all imho...& i think Phil Jackson could actually work w/that roster.

[Edited by - TMS on 05/03/2005 01:00:22]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/3/2005  2:18 AM
KG to NY for what? Jelly beans?

there is only 1 way to get KG, and that would be an if, but if we got pick 1, I could see them rebuilding with Bogut

but in the same case, there is no way, NONE, no iffs and or butts would i trade bogut who is nearly 10 years younger for what will be a 30 year old KG. KG is not Shaq. Shaq is the only 30 plus player I would give up the number 1 pick for, and probably I wouldnt even do that anymore.
I think KG is a great player, a real stat guy, but in 10 years he hasnt proven that he is in the same league as Duncan or Shaq, especially Shaq

I would trade the 1 pick for amare, lebron or Dwight howard and thats it.
RIP Crushalot😞
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/3/2005  2:38 AM
What about Emeka?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Stevo718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #559
5/3/2005  5:02 AM
SF - TT / Ariza / JYD
SG - Wally / (#14 pick)
PG - Crawford / Cassell

that's not a bad team to go forward with at all imho...& i think Phil Jackson could actually work w/that roster.

If you name is Dolan then you'd better pray Crawford doesn't get injured cause he'll be the main draw once Marbury leaves. Does this team even make the playoffs?

But let's say it happens, then we wait untill the end of the '06-'07 season when Houston's contract runs out then who do we sign and who will be available and how much free cap space will we actually have to sign someone outright?

I think KG is a great player, a real stat guy, but in 10 years he hasnt proven that he is in the same league as Duncan or Shaq, especially Shaq

i think Shaq, Duncan and KG are all elite players, Barkley never won a championship but he was named one of the top 50 of all time wasn't he? I think KG at the end of his career will be named top 50 reguardless if he ever wins a championship or not.

Bogut will never be top 50. I'd rather take KG for 7 more years then Bogut for 16 years.
TMS
USA
5/3/2005  9:39 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

KG to NY for what? Jelly beans?

there is only 1 way to get KG, and that would be an if, but if we got pick 1, I could see them rebuilding with Bogut

but in the same case, there is no way, NONE, no iffs and or butts would i trade bogut who is nearly 10 years younger for what will be a 30 year old KG. KG is not Shaq. Shaq is the only 30 plus player I would give up the number 1 pick for, and probably I wouldnt even do that anymore.

I would trade the 1 pick for amare, lebron or Dwight howard and thats it.

i agree...that's exactly what i said in the other thread on the notion that MIN would somehow trade KG to NY...i thought there was zero chance of that happening unless NY had the #1 overall pick.

i want to get your input on this alternate plan...i think MIN would do better to trade for a star player to put alongside KG who's not on the downside of his career to make 1 more run at the championship...players like KG come along once in a generation...you can't just trade him away unless you're getting back franchise calibre talent in return, so they'd be better off this way...& i actually think NY would be better off in the long run by making this type of trade to be honest because it gets them better cap flexibility over the long haul.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
TMS
USA
5/3/2005  9:43 AM
Posted by Stevo718:
SF - TT / Ariza / JYD
SG - Wally / (#14 pick)
PG - Crawford / Cassell

If you name is Dolan then you'd better pray Crawford doesn't get injured cause he'll be the main draw once Marbury leaves. Does this team even make the playoffs?

But let's say it happens, then we wait untill the end of the '06-'07 season when Houston's contract runs out then who do we sign and who will be available and how much free cap space will we actually have to sign someone outright?

if Crawford gets injured you still have a solid starter in Cassell that can hold down the fort for a year...you can't base your roster moves on worrying whether or not your own players will get injured or not...as for who the Knicks would sign in 2007 when Houston's contract runs out, there are some BIG names eligible to become FA's that year...Lebron, Wade, Carmelo, Bosh & Darko among them.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/3/2005  9:51 AM
Posted by TMS:

imo, if MIN wants to set themselves up for a run at a championship, trading KG is not the answer...in fact, ironically enough, if i were them, i'd be looking into what it might take to get Stephon Marbury in a trade to return to MIN...

an offer of Wally Szcerbiak, Sam Cassell's expiring contract & the #14 pick for Stephon might be something that would help get them to the next level...that would also give the Knicks some good cap relief as Cassell's contract expires after next season, & Wally would give the Knicks a good shooter to complement Crawford on the perimeter that i think he would work alot better with than Marbury, since both Stephon & Jamal like to dominate the ball to be at their best.

imo, that's alot more realistic & could very well be a deal Isiah might be interested in, especially if Phil Jackson were to come to NY to coach...i think he likes Jamal & every triangle needs a good shooter like Wally to be successful...w/the 3 1st round picks & MLE, the Knicks would be hardpressed not to come out of the draft w/o at least 1 starting calibre bigman.

SF - TT / Ariza / JYD
SG - Wally / (#14 pick)
PG - Crawford / Cassell

[Edited by - TMS on 05/03/2005 01:00:22]
The problem with that trade is that we suck horribly as a result. Wally is signed for 5 years and so is crawford, where do you think that team is going even with 2 lotto picks?

If SAM CASSELL AND WALLY COULDN'T GET IT DONE WITH KG, WHAT COULD THEY DO WITH CRAWFORD AND KT?
TMS
USA
5/3/2005  10:07 AM
we're not winning a title for another 3 years regardless...forget about KG, he's NOT coming here...this is all about giving the franchise a brighter future w/some cap flexibility to make some moves once Allan Houston's contract expires...that's the most realistic way to build towards a championship at this point in my eyes.

& i would bet you money that team right there finishes w/a better record than the current one has the past 2 years running.

[Edited by - TMS on 05/03/2005 10:09:38]
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/3/2005  10:16 AM
I can't wait for the draft!
Knicks_Fan
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/3/2005  10:18 AM
Posted by TMS:

we're not winning a title for another 3 years regardless...

i seriously doubt we challenge for 50-55 wins and the division within the next 3 years...
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/3/2005  10:41 AM
TMS idea is something to ponder.

Isiah has the option of slowly building a foundation....or he can look to hit a homerun this off-season.

Wally, Sam and #14 sounds tempting. The press would rip the Knicks the same way they would rip Minn if they traded KG. Life goes on.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Light
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #896
5/4/2005  11:01 AM
Hello everyone, i am new to the forum. I am from Honduras , but i grew up in NY. About KG...lets be realistic, him coming to NY isn't going to happend..the knicks don't have enough assets for such a caliber player. But it's ok to dream. What about Joe Johnson?? He is a free agent right? The knicks need a SG, since Allan Houston is hurt.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/4/2005  12:23 PM
Posted by Light:

Hello everyone, i am new to the forum. I am from Honduras , but i grew up in NY. About KG...lets be realistic, him coming to NY isn't going to happend..the knicks don't have enough assets for such a caliber player. But it's ok to dream. What about Joe Johnson?? He is a free agent right? The knicks need a SG, since Allan Houston is hurt.

Welcome. Our international profile is growing.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/4/2005  1:54 PM
Posted by Light:

Welcome home!

About Johnson, if a sign and trade could be possible, it would be great...
Knicks_Fan
counter idea to the KG to NY rumor

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy