[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why I'm partial to P.J. Carlisimo.
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/2/2005  4:27 PM
He's an east coast guy, I hav e actually seen him a number of times at high school games.

He's coached successfully in the NBA with teams with limited talent.

He's Popvich's asst. and I really like Pop, I would love him to coach our team. Combine what he knows with what he has learned from Pop, and we could do it.
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/2/2005  4:47 PM
does it have anything to do with the fact that pj knows "how to choke a b tch?" (c) wayne brady
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
5/2/2005  4:48 PM
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/2/2005  4:50 PM
my pick is phil jackson or nate mcmillan

no way with carlesimo, i think hes in the position he should be in. no way to bringing back herb

no to flip saunders

i see the trend with tough former players who were guards---skiles, mcmillan avery johnson dantonio

im looking at mark jackson or greg anthony if they cant get the top 2. probably get much cheaper $ and both guys are highly intelligent young gys who played pG and were winners. i like anthony because he really knows D and I think he would really help with checks and balances in terms of personell.
RIP Crushalot😞
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
5/2/2005  4:50 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

He's an east coast guy, I hav e actually seen him a number of times at high school games.

He's coached successfully in the NBA with teams with limited talent.

He's Popvich's asst. and I really like Pop, I would love him to coach our team. Combine what he knows with what he has learned from Pop, and we could do it.

I agree Killa. Obviously there are much more sexy coaching candidates out there but PJ was always a good coach, I know he's never won a playoff series and Golden State was a disaster but you can partially attribute that to Sprewell. His Portland teams were always amongst the league leaders in team defense and offense and being an assistant to Pops could not have hurt his defense gameplanning at all. I still put Flip ahead of him but I'm not convinced about Herb as a coach, I think I'd have to say that my list would go like this: Phil, Flip, Larry Brown, PJ, Herb

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 05/02/2005 16:50:57]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
rojasmas
Member: #639
5/2/2005  7:25 PM
You can keep PJ. I couldn't stand him from the Terry Dehere days at Seton Hall. He played mind games then and is a screamer who almost got himself choked to death. He is not an NBA coach. He belongs in high school or college where the coach is infallible. He is a decent defensive coach but I was never impressed with his offensive schemes. NBA players aren't going to take his sh***t. He never played and while that shouldn't be a criteria, it is in many players minds, unless you can win players over the way Lawrence Frank and the Van Gundys do. PJ isn't willing to kiss up to the players who are the show in the NBA and he hasn't got the NBA resume that gives him instant credibility with those same players.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
5/2/2005  8:28 PM
Posted by rojasmas:

You can keep PJ. I couldn't stand him from the Terry Dehere days at Seton Hall. He played mind games then and is a screamer who almost got himself choked to death. He is not an NBA coach. He belongs in high school or college where the coach is infallible. He is a decent defensive coach but I was never impressed with his offensive schemes. NBA players aren't going to take his sh***t. He never played and while that shouldn't be a criteria, it is in many players minds, unless you can win players over the way Lawrence Frank and the Van Gundys do. PJ isn't willing to kiss up to the players who are the show in the NBA and he hasn't got the NBA resume that gives him instant credibility with those same players.

just playing devils advocate. He had 3 very successful years in Portland where they were in the playoffs each year. Granted they didn't get out of the first round but he did put together a 137-109 record there. I'm not saying he should be the first choice for Isiah but I think I would honestly want him more then Herb. Herb really didn't show me much, yeah its nice when all the players say they like you and he's a great mentor but when your players dont play defense for you then theres a problem. Players play Defense
A. when the team is winning
B. when they have respect for the coach and the system they are in

I think PJ commands respect and whoever doesnt play D will just be taken out of the game, no matter who it is.. he obviously doesn't have a problem standing up to players, something Marbury could maybe use.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/2/2005  8:48 PM
the next coach of the knicks is the current coach of the knicks - herb williams.

if it's anybody else - i'd be SHOCKED.
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
5/2/2005  9:14 PM
i dont think pj carlesmo is so overjoyed to become the knicks coach. all we do is choke anway
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/2/2005  9:41 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

the next coach of the knicks is the current coach of the knicks - herb williams.

if it's anybody else - i'd be SHOCKED.

And with the same results so why bother watching next season?
Knicks_Fan
rojasmas
Member: #639
5/2/2005  9:48 PM
Isiah is not going to hire PJ. Remember, Isiah passed on Mike Fratello when he was available and he had a better track record than PJ. And he is also thought of as a defensive coach. Also, Isiah set us back awhile by hiring Lenny Wilkins. That was a big mistake.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
5/2/2005  11:06 PM
Lenny - man why such a bum rap on him. He didnt have a roster. Without a talented big man in this league - your team cant win. Ben wallace is the exception - because he is a monster in a different way. But NYK needs another Pat Ewing before it can return to dominance. Mark my words.

P.S. u think if this team had a legit big man and was in the playoffs that H20 would actually dress up and play? I for one think he would - and he would play fine because they would keep his knee doped up until his leg fell off as long as he was sinking those jumpers.

[Edited by - OasisBU on 05/02/2005 23:07:37]
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
5/2/2005  11:55 PM
PJ is better suited to go back to SHU, and repair the mess that Orr has made.
Why I'm partial to P.J. Carlisimo.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy