USA
4/16/2002  6:49 PM
kurt thomas
othella harrington
2002 first round pick (4-7)

for

jason williams (white choocolate)
stromile swift

knicks would take on a 4th pg but we can move ward probably before the season. jason is a little wild but learning under mark jackson will make him 100% better. Look at the job Jackson did with Jalen Rose and Alvin Williams. Nobody can doubt this kids heart and determination (something we need in NY). Stromile didnt step in like Memphis though he would but he still is a good talent. NY would gain alot of youth and speed in this trade. Memphis get avery solid frontcourt player and a good draft pick which will give them 2 lottery picks. And they pick Othella who shoots an excellent percentage from the field.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
DaKidd
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #209
USA
4/16/2002  6:51 PM
Please don't let me get started on this one ..

Hell no ..
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
4/16/2002  6:59 PM
knicks need to get younger an faster. i dont see how this isnt a good start. dont hate on jwill. once he gets grounded this kid will be a perrenial all-star. he has amazing passing ability but doesnt know how to stay controlled.
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/16/2002  7:20 PM
Posted by falcindor:

knicks need to get younger an faster. i dont see how this isnt a good start. dont hate on jwill. once he gets grounded this kid will be a perrenial all-star. he has amazing passing ability but doesnt know how to stay controlled.
doesn't want to stay controlled.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/16/2002  7:48 PM
So the Knicks now have four point guards, none of which worth anything anywhere else, lose their highest pick in years, and get a player who may never peak. I don't really like it.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/16/2002  8:45 PM
Harrington has a player option at the end of the season and will definitely not go back to the Grizzlies.
LarrythaLeo
Member: #71
USA
4/17/2002  2:02 AM
Yo Falcindor I was starting to gain respect for you these last couple of weeks, but your trade was better off not being said. I hope you aren't really Layden trying to pick our brains about a trade that would ultimately make us even more and more like the Grizzlies.
falcindor
USA
4/17/2002  6:07 AM
hey, i wish i had layden money.

but i dont see how u can hate on this trade. sure we give a first rounder but who in the fiirst round can we get that would compare to stromile swift. swift is a young buck only like 22 and he already proves to be a pretty good player. these college and high school kids havent proved anything. chaney wants to impliment a run offense. why not not get williams. williams is only 23 another young buck he averages 15points and 8 asists a game. his turnovers are up there but he will get help here. whats not to like!!! i guess ny fans havent seen a lottery pick since ewing and assume that we will get another ewing in the draft (high unlikely). ny should also use their 2nd rounder to improve at backup sf and move shandon for either bob sura or larry hughes.
Knick2001
Member: #83
4/17/2002  10:04 AM
No way this trade goes down. With all the players PLUS Chaney acknowledging that the team needs HEIGHT!, this trade won't happen. Granted Williams is a nice player, but this team will draft height (i.e., Gooden, Wilcox, Ming, (anyone 6'10" and over)).
falcindor
USA
4/17/2002  10:23 AM
sure we need height that doesnt have to be a center. Spree is playing out of position at SF (he much too small). Plus we have so many undersized PF. At PF we need someone at 6'9 and up. There arent that many good centers in the league right now so I dont think getting another center will solve anything. We definitely need to get a much better PF. We have nobody that posts up on this team besides Mark Jackson (what a shame)who is a PG.
Knick2001
Member: #83
4/17/2002  10:46 AM
We agree then. I didn't say center, just height, the proposed trade for another guard, even one as good as Williams would make no sense for the Knicks. They're in dire need for rebounding help and scoring in the front court.
prowler
Member: #135
USA
4/17/2002  12:01 PM
I am not to keen on the salary management but my proposed offseason route is as follows.

Trade # 1: Send Allan Houston and Othella to Phoenix in exchange
for Starbury and change.

Trade # 2: Trade Marcus Camby and Shanndon Anderson to Seattle for
Vin Baker.
Then hope to get lucky and go into the draft and get Drew Gooden with our first pick. Also we would have a chance to take a sleeper with our early second rounder.

We could look like this which isnt to bad.

SF Drew Gooden
Pf Kurt Thomas
C Vin Baker
SG Latrell Spreewel
PG Starbury

That would give Gooden sometime to get his body too the nba power forward size. Could you imagine the matchup problems at yhe small forward position. I know these proposals sound dreamy but are they actually possible? Comments please.

PS. Houston is a very good shooter but he has never had the "Knick
Heart" And unfortunately never will.

knicker for life
falcindor
USA
4/17/2002  1:22 PM
the only way you get starbury is if you take Googs. How are we gonna give them 23mil worth of salary back. Spree makes 11mil, so 12 mil worth of players you would have to put together. They arent gonna take Houston, no one will. Houstons money ballons every year. They are looking for cap space so they are looking for a Juwan Howard type deal where they can clear a large amount at one time. Look for them to look at Scottie Pippen who makes 17mil and has only 1 more year left on contract.
ny/memphis trade - please comment

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy