[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marbury trade scenarios????
Author Thread
SkyWalker
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #814
5/2/2005  4:15 PM
I have been debating this with my father the last 2 weeks. He hates Marbury and thinks the Knicks will never win as long as Marbury is on the team. I have been defending Marbury as best as I can. But the more I really think about it, this team probably wont go anywhere with Marbury unless IT pulls off a miracle for a great big man. However, Lets just say IT decides to trade Marbury, what would be a realistic deal that could go down? The best player Marbury has been traded for in the past was Jason Kidd in his prime. I don't know if the Knicks would be able to get that kind of value anymore for Steph. He has been traded one too many times, has trouble defending, has a problem fitting in and getting the best out of his players. That being said, he is still a tremendous talent and there could be a team out there willing to take a shot on him. my question is WHO???
Kenny SkyWalker
AUTOADVERT
SkyWalker
5/2/2005  4:49 PM
These are two teams off the top of my head that might be interseted -
1) Clippers - Marbury always destroys them. They have a very young and athletic team and maybe we can pry away some of that young talent - forget Magette bec. I don't think they would give him to us in such a deal but I like Jaric, Wilcox, Kaman, Bobby Simmons, and especially Shaun Livingston. Livingston would be a real pickup for us I think. I love the idea of a 6-7 point guard with tons of potential. Maybe Livingston, Wilcox and someone else that is expendable in their eyes because he makes too much money for Marbury, Sweetney and our #30 OR #54 draft pick this year. This is just what I think of off the top of my head but you get the point of what I would like to get. I think Livingston is going to be a star one day in this league. The Clippers have so many young talented players that they might be willing to give up one in order to get a legit established player in Marbury. They would instantly be in contention for the #7 or #8 spot in the west with the following team: PG Marbury
SG Magette
SF Bobby Simmons
PF Elton Brand
C Chris Kaman
Bench: Marco Jaric and a bunch of others that I can't think of off the top of my head. I think Marbury could really fit in with that team because of its athletisicm and the existence of a real legit post player in Elton Brand. Furthermore, Mabury has two shot blockers in Brand and Kaman to help him out when his man beats him off the dribble. The Knicks just don't have the right pieces in place for Marbury to lead the Knicks to anything promising. The team is a mess. I think this is a deal that makes sense for both teams. Perhaps the Knicks can even get more in this deal or give up less. Who knows. But I think it is interesting. WHAT DO U GUYS THINK?
Kenny SkyWalker
SkyWalker
5/2/2005  5:01 PM
I truly believe Shawn Livingston will be a star and I think the Garden fans would love his game and get to watch him become a star right in front of them. You have to realize that the Knicks just wont win with the team we have now. Bottom Line. At best we squeek into the playoffs. There are way too many holes on this team. We can draft some talented young players but they wont have an impact until Marbury's knees fall off. Also, look at the last 2 teams Marbury was traded from and look how quickly they turned it around. Marbury just isn;t the point guard for this team. I think he is an incredible talent and offensive player. He doesn't fit in with this Knicks team. He needs to play on a team where his defficiencies aren't as noticable and where his strengths can come out and excel. He is not great at making everyone around him much better the way Nash and Kidd can. Jamal Crawford, Malik Rose, Tim Thomas are not better off playing with Marbury.
Kenny SkyWalker
SkyWalker
5/2/2005  5:02 PM
Someone please respond. Have I made any good points whatsoever?
Kenny SkyWalker
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/2/2005  5:29 PM
i believe we've already discussed potential trade partners for Marbury in a trade here:

http://ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=9144&page=1
http://ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=9105&page=1

but to reply to your idea...i don't see why the Clippers would be interested in Marbury...they are very high on Livingston & he's their PG of the future...they don't need to take on Marbury's crazy contract when they have some good young prospects & draft picks coming up...& they're owned by the cheapest man in the NBA in Donald Sterling...Marbury isn't putting that team over the top anyway.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Marbury trade scenarios????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy