[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KG Available?!!!
Author Thread
30andOverClub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #876
5/2/2005  2:42 PM
TMS,

It depends if Minnesota wants to get rid of Wally and Troy's salaries with Garnett. If they feel that Odom and Butler plus are suitable replacements for the void that'd be left and they're not so worried about cap space, then they make a better deal.

However, if they are looking to get rid of Wally and Troy because they want tons of cap space, then LA would have to trade practically their entire team minus Kobe and Brian Grant to make up the salary difference. Garnett, Wally, and Troy earn about $35 combined next year. To get within trading distance of that, LA would have to trade something in the order of Odom, Vlade, Devean George, Atkins, Chris Mihm, Medvedenko, and Butler. That group of 7 totals $35.15M.

If Minny is willing to swallow an extra year of Brian Grant, then the parameters change. But it's not just so easy to plug the players in. If it's strictly a salary dump that's looking for expiring contracts and draft picks, NY wins with $32M (Sweetney has a team option) to $17M and I believe NY has more draft picks as well.

Heh, too long for my first post.
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/2/2005  2:45 PM
Steph co-existed with KVH and they both actually were playing well together before that Timmy/ Nazr trade.

KG wants to win a championship. Marbs wants to win a championship. As far as any beef? I think that is all BS. They were in Slam magazine all the time where Slam crowned them Showbiz and KG.

Marbs made a dumb decision to leave the T'Wolves because he hated the cold weather. I'm sure he realizes that was silly since he now is about 28 and realizes he might have a good 5 years of good ball left in him.

Marbs, KG, surround them with good shooters and another scoring option along with the big men the Knicks would have left.......that spells trouble for the league and unity amongst us Knick fanatics.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/2/2005  2:58 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Steph co-existed with KVH and they both actually were playing well together before that Timmy/ Nazr trade.

KG wants to win a championship. Marbs wants to win a championship. As far as any beef? I think that is all BS. They were in Slam magazine all the time where Slam crowned them Showbiz and KG.

Marbs made a dumb decision to leave the T'Wolves because he hated the cold weather. I'm sure he realizes that was silly since he now is about 28 and realizes he might have a good 5 years of good ball left in him.

Marbs, KG, surround them with good shooters and another scoring option along with the big men the Knicks would have left.......that spells trouble for the league and unity amongst us Knick fanatics.

Marbs let Minnesota because he wanted KG's contract. There is animosity there.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
5/2/2005  2:58 PM
I'm not saying they couldn't overcome it... but it's real.
¿ △ ?
EnySpree

5/2/2005  3:02 PM
KG, Wally, and troy for Penny, Timmy, and Sweetney plus any combination of draft picks to make it work.

It would clearly be a salary cap move....they would be in for some serious money coming off the books from the end of this season to next.

Spree, Ervin Johnson, Anthony Carter, Madsen, John Thomas and Eddie Griffin are gone this year. That in itself is a ton of money. They chop Penny and Timmy next season. They would have some serious cap space.

For a franchise that seems in limbo right now that is a serious turn around.

The Knicks get KG with Marbs....with Wally and Houston, Ariza.....JYD, KT, Rose and Mo would still be around.....

They might be able to get Bonzi since he is a high candidate to be traded and the Knicks have the bigs Fratello could use.

Then there is the mid-level exemtion to possibly lure a center....especially after getting KG.

Thinking about this type of team at MSG would be awesome.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/2/2005  3:29 PM
Thinking about this type of team at MSG would be awesome.
thinking about awsome teams is what this management has reduced us too, because we sure as hell havent seen any awesome teams, except when Miami comes to town
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/2/2005  3:45 PM
Winning cures everything and there is no way that team doesn't win. Steph and KG will get along fine, or at the very least they will do a Kobe and Shaq, which I can live with as long as they get it done.

On another note, I have to really really laugh at you guys who are making the argument against trading for KG if we could get him. He is one of the best talents in basketball, an MVP candidate every year, what is not to like about him?

Oh yeah he's not a 'winner'. LOL. You stupid f.ucks, there is no argument to not get KG. If you can get him you do it, period.

Also, we don't have talent to trade, but we have picks and about 30 million in cap space, and most of the trades that involve star players are about money and shaving it off the cap, and we can definitely do help them do that, more than most teams.

If we do that, all we need is a good coach, and we should be contenders for at least 5 years.

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 05/02/2005 15:46:50]
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
5/2/2005  3:46 PM
It's the only thing that can cause Phil Jackson to re-think the fatal mistake of getting married to Kobe again.
Killa4luv
USA
5/2/2005  3:47 PM
Posted by Rich:

It's the only thing that can cause Phil Jackson to re-think the fatal mistake of getting married to Kobe again.
Agreed, he'd probably like this challenge more, because its a new team in a new city, and its less of a challenge.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/2/2005  5:20 PM
Posted by 30andOverClub:

TMS,

It depends if Minnesota wants to get rid of Wally and Troy's salaries with Garnett. If they feel that Odom and Butler plus are suitable replacements for the void that'd be left and they're not so worried about cap space, then they make a better deal.

However, if they are looking to get rid of Wally and Troy because they want tons of cap space, then LA would have to trade practically their entire team minus Kobe and Brian Grant to make up the salary difference. Garnett, Wally, and Troy earn about $35 combined next year. To get within trading distance of that, LA would have to trade something in the order of Odom, Vlade, Devean George, Atkins, Chris Mihm, Medvedenko, and Butler. That group of 7 totals $35.15M.

If Minny is willing to swallow an extra year of Brian Grant, then the parameters change. But it's not just so easy to plug the players in. If it's strictly a salary dump that's looking for expiring contracts and draft picks, NY wins with $32M (Sweetney has a team option) to $17M and I believe NY has more draft picks as well.

Heh, too long for my first post.

i'm not sure you have those salary figures correct for MIN there...KG makes $18 million next season, & Wally makes $10 million...are you saying Troy Hudson is signed for $7 million next year? Hoopshype seems to have a blank for his salary figure after this season. (http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/minnesota.htm)...my best recollection was that he'd signed an extension for the MLE, which would put the total figure combined w/KG & Wally to about $32 million.

regardless of the exact figure, if i'm MIN, i don't trade KG for any package of just expiring contracts & some mediocre draft picks & prospects...i'm sorry, you simply CANNOT be dumb enough to make a trade like that of your franchise player & expect to keep fans coming to the games.

you have to get a whole lot better than Penny, TT, #8 pick, a #30 pick & Sweetney (who really is not much of an asset if you ask me) if you're giving up a superstar like Kevin Garnett...if the Knicks were to win the lottery & get Bogut, that is the ONLY way i see them having a remote chance of landing KG in any trade.

[Edited by - TMS on 05/02/2005 17:32:12]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
crzymdups
USA
5/2/2005  5:29 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

Winning cures everything and there is no way that team doesn't win. Steph and KG will get along fine, or at the very least they will do a Kobe and Shaq, which I can live with as long as they get it done.

On another note, I have to really really laugh at you guys who are making the argument against trading for KG if we could get him. He is one of the best talents in basketball, an MVP candidate every year, what is not to like about him?

Oh yeah he's not a 'winner'. LOL. You stupid f.ucks, there is no argument to not get KG. If you can get him you do it, period.

Also, we don't have talent to trade, but we have picks and about 30 million in cap space, and most of the trades that involve star players are about money and shaving it off the cap, and we can definitely do help them do that, more than most teams.

If we do that, all we need is a good coach, and we should be contenders for at least 5 years.

I would never argue against acquiring him, but there are fantasies and there are fantasies. This is a ridiculous trade. Minnesota would never give him away for CAP ROOM. Come on. He's a year removed from the conference finals and an MVP.
¿ △ ?
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
5/2/2005  5:33 PM
I'm going to have to spend a couple hours playing Live to get this out of my system for a while.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/2/2005  5:40 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I'm going to have to spend a couple hours playing Live to get this out of my system for a while.

my team currently consists of the following:

C - Marcus Camby / Chris Anderson
PF - Kenyon Martin / Malik Rose / Jerome Williams
SF - Al Harrington / Trevor Ariza
SG - Allan Houston (healthy) / Doug Christie
PG - Stephon Marbury / Jamal Crawford / Jamison Brewer
IR - Eddie Robinson / Marcus Haislip / Charles Oakley

we're 25-2...& that's only because i sim about 3/4 of the games.

[Edited by - TMS on 05/02/2005 17:49:11]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
5/2/2005  5:43 PM
I still have yet to see a link to the idea of trading KG. I highly doubt that Minnesota would even consider trading him. However, if they did want to, I agree that the Knicks would be an option. The most unrealistic part though is KG being traded at all. There would be huge fan backlash. I would think the guy is like a God over there.
EnySpree

5/2/2005  5:51 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

That's what I just did, lol.

I played Detroit and did nothing but stress myself out. Detroit blocks every lay-up attempt you make....either that or they foul you or make you do a double clutch.

Anyway....if KG can't get here then trading Timmy and Penny makes no sense. The Knicks would be better off buying both players out.
Killa4luv
USA
5/2/2005  6:43 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by Killa4luv:

I would never argue against acquiring him, but there are fantasies and there are fantasies. This is a ridiculous trade. Minnesota would never give him away for CAP ROOM. Come on. He's a year removed from the conference finals and an MVP.
He is a year removed from those things, but how many years is he away from the conference finals with their current squad? They have many holes on their team, and aging role players in Cassell (who is a really good player btw) and Spreewell. KG and Wally aint gonna get it done, they need alot of help, even as great as KG is.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/2/2005  7:15 PM
It's in the previous Sports Illustrated April 25th edition on Page 42 w/Amare & Shaq on the cover.

not the new May 2nd edition

Its not an article. Its really short and said exactly what I said in the 1st part of my post. Its in the nba updates/hot stove column in pg. 42

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 05/02/2005 20:54:18]
JayNYC
Member: #682
USA
5/2/2005  8:45 PM
Listen if a trade for Kevin Garnett were capable of happening.. Minnesota would likely ask for something extremely ridiculous; BUT, the truth is I would not hesitate at doing any deal that gets us back K.G. Regardless of what it means to our future.. and who ever on the Knicks team Minnesota is asking for.

NYK trades PF Mike Sweetney, SF Tim Thomas, SG Jamal Crawford, NYK's first round pick in 2005, and a future 1st rd pick in 2006 to Minnesota for PF Kevin Garnett and PG Troy Hudson.

That would be wonderful!!!

Then we could sign and trade for Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Ira Newble and Dajuan Wagner.. offering Kurt Thomas, Penny Hardaway and pick #30

C Ilgauskas/Taylor
PF Garnett/Rose
SF Ariza/Newble/Williams
SG Houston/Wagner
PG Marbury/Hudson

We'd win a championship...Even with a weak bench. Isiah should make this pitch to Kevin Mchale and company. And we should all pray for this to happen!!!!
Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
5/2/2005  9:18 PM
[quote]
Posted by JayNYC:

Listen if a trade for Kevin Garnett were capable of happening.. Minnesota would likely ask for something extremely ridiculous; BUT, the truth is I would not hesitate at doing any deal that gets us back K.G. Regardless of what it means to our future.. and who ever on the Knicks team Minnesota is asking for.

NYK trades PF Mike Sweetney, SF Tim Thomas, SG Jamal Crawford, NYK's first round pick in 2005, and a future 1st rd pick in 2006 to Minnesota for PF Kevin Garnett and PG Troy Hudson.

That would be wonderful!!!

Then we could sign and trade for Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Ira Newble and Dajuan Wagner.. offering Kurt Thomas, Penny Hardaway and pick #30

C Ilgauskas/Taylor
PF Garnett/Rose
SF Ariza/Newble/Williams
SG Houston/Wagner
PG Marbury/Hudson

We'd win a championship...Even with a weak bench. Isiah should make this pitch to Kevin Mchale and company. And we should all pray for this to happen!!!!
[/quote
i doubt allan houston will ever play a game as a knick again, but other than that i like that line up
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
5/2/2005  9:19 PM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

i doubt allan houston will ever play a game as a knick again, but other than that i like that line up
Lets hope so.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
KG Available?!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy