tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/2/2005  12:32 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by tkf:

NO thanks, I love KG, but I want to build our own thing here, when will we ever learn?

With what? The 8th or 10th pick every year? Players like Kevin Garnett don't grow on trees. If you have a chance to get them, you do whatever it takes!

I see what you are saying, but suppose with the 8th pick this year, we get an amare type player, and with the 10th pick next year, we get a paul pierce type of talent, the point is you never know, but I like the chances of adding young talent to this team. I see your point in that we get a proven star in KG, but call me crazy, I just wanted to try and rebuild with our own talent for once. Usually I would take the stanc of just going out and try to get KG, but taking back wally and Hudson? whoa.....

There is no Amare Stoudemire at 8th in this Draft. Chris Taft, Tiago Splitter and Fran Vazquez don't have that type of talent. I understand what you're saying but your plan doesn't work with our management. We aren't in rebuilding mode, we are in re-tool mode. And if we are going to re-tool, why not go big? And Wally Szczerbiak (50% career shooter) and Troy Hudson aren't bad players. Hell, both of them could start on our pathetic team.

well now that you put it that way, I can't really argue with that. I am just afraid that we would be moving a star from one bad team that failed, to another bad team that failed even worse... I like the idea of adding talent to this team and taking it from there, but I see what you are saying in your post and I really can't dissagree with you there...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
BigAppleStar3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #683
USA
5/2/2005  12:32 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by tkf:

NO thanks, I love KG, but I want to build our own thing here, when will we ever learn?

With the #8 pick and then a 1st round playoff exit next year at best? I don't think so..

Usually I agree with you but not when it comes to getting a guy of calibur of KG, Lebron, Duncan, Shaq

I see your point guns, but what worries me is also taking back Hudson and wally's contracts, I mean the wolves could not with with these guys, do you think we become championship calibre all of a sudden? And Kg's deal is horrific, the cat will be making almost the GNP of most small countries... Maybe you do make this deal, but for once, I would like to see us develop a guy like ariza and our lottery pick...

Trevor Ariza and the 8th pick will NEVER develope into a Kevin Garnett caliber player. Add KG and Wally Szczerbiak to this team with Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford and Kurt Thomas and we're very dangerous in the East and possibly elite with a good coach.

I could agree with that, or we could become a bigger bunch of underachievers with an even larger payroll... I thought a lot of people felt that craw and marbs can't work together and that craw was such a undiciplined player, so much to the point that he can't be salvaged, I also thought that KT was an unathletic aging PF. so is getting garnett going to change all of that.. just curious...

A team of Kevin Garnett, Stephon Marbury, Wally Szczerbiak, Jamal Crawford and Kurt Thomas would not underachieve. I think we'll have a 3-4 year window for a ring. :/
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
5/2/2005  12:34 PM
Posted by tapseer:

Where is the link? I have looked at the SI website and I don't see anything about what you're talking about. Post the link or direct us to the article so we can see for ourselves that this ain't some made up junk.
guns or anyone else that has read this article, please post the link in thread.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/2/2005  12:35 PM
Posted by tapseer:

I see everyone running with this post, but where is the proof? Am I missing something here or are we allowed to make stuff up and pass it on as truh and everybody runs with it? I'm still looking for the KG article on line and see nothing.

Someone told me it's in SI. Can someone confirm this?

BigAppleStar3
Member: #683
USA
5/2/2005  12:37 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by tkf:

With what? The 8th or 10th pick every year? Players like Kevin Garnett don't grow on trees. If you have a chance to get them, you do whatever it takes!

I see what you are saying, but suppose with the 8th pick this year, we get an amare type player, and with the 10th pick next year, we get a paul pierce type of talent, the point is you never know, but I like the chances of adding young talent to this team. I see your point in that we get a proven star in KG, but call me crazy, I just wanted to try and rebuild with our own talent for once. Usually I would take the stanc of just going out and try to get KG, but taking back wally and Hudson? whoa.....

There is no Amare Stoudemire at 8th in this Draft. Chris Taft, Tiago Splitter and Fran Vazquez don't have that type of talent. I understand what you're saying but your plan doesn't work with our management. We aren't in rebuilding mode, we are in re-tool mode. And if we are going to re-tool, why not go big? And Wally Szczerbiak (50% career shooter) and Troy Hudson aren't bad players. Hell, both of them could start on our pathetic team.

well now that you put it that way, I can't really argue with that. I am just afraid that we would be moving a star from one bad team that failed, to another bad team that failed even worse... I like the idea of adding talent to this team and taking it from there, but I see what you are saying in your post and I really can't dissagree with you there...

You really cannot blame Kevin Garnett for failing in Minnesota. Blame Kevin McHale who never got him that 2nd Star. He had one in Stephon Marbury but we all know how it ended.

Which brings up an interesting question, would Marbs accept KG? We all know the hatred between them over the years. KG instantly becomes the 'Man' here. Marbs is demoted to 2nd fiddle. Can they co-exist?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/2/2005  12:41 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by tkf:

You really cannot blame Kevin Garnett for failing in Minnesota. Blame Kevin McHale who never got him that 2nd Star. He had one in Stephon Marbury but we all know how it ended.

Which brings up an interesting question, would Marbs accept KG? We all know the hatred between them over the years. KG instantly becomes the 'Man' here. Marbs is demoted to 2nd fiddle. Can they co-exist?

I think after all Marbury has been through he realizes he can't be the star on a team. And he has changed. He's trying to become a better PG problem is this current team is a joke. KG will change that drastically
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/2/2005  12:59 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

Thank you Miss Cleo.

ha, try thinking up an original line...you know i already bestowed that title on diderotn...but let me know if you want your fortune read...i'll ask him if he offers a 2 for 1 special.

let's see, the TWolves would be looking for cap room & young talent/draft picks you say? i thought i just outlined the fact that LA would have expiring contracts as well as talented young players & a lottery pick to offer MIN should they decide to make a deal?

you telling me the Lakers couldn't put together a more attractive package for MIN using Odom (allstar in his prime), Butler (talented young player making peanuts), Devean George (expiring contract & young solid player), Atkins (expiring contract & solid starter), Vlade (expiring contract), the #10 pick, Medvedenko (solid player making peanuts), Mihm (young C making peanuts) that would be more attractive to MIN than TT (expiring contract & gutless wonder), Penny (expiring contract & gimpy malcontent), the #8 pick, the #30 pick, KT (old, slow, signed longterm), Sweetney (young, slow, overweight) or whatever else the Knicks have to offer???
Minnesota might like Mo' Taylor, who expires in 2007, for Trenton Hassell.

you do know that Mo makes about twice as much as Hassell does, don't you? that doesn't even work under the CBA...how that makes any sense is beyond me...a team looking to cut salary isn't going to be interested in Mo Taylor...at least a guy like Odom gives you an allstar player to replace KG, & you still have expiring contracts coming back from LA to unload Wally's contract who are very solid & serviceable players in their own right.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tapseer
Member: #698
5/2/2005  1:16 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by tapseer:

I see everyone running with this post, but where is the proof? Am I missing something here or are we allowed to make stuff up and pass it on as truh and everybody runs with it? I'm still looking for the KG article on line and see nothing.

Right now, I'm listening to Full Court Press on Sirius Radio with Kenny Smith, and Jody whoever and the question that was asked of Kenny was "What do you think of the percentages that Minn. trades KG?" Kenny replies "He think there might be a 30% chance that Minn. trades KG" Jody says he thinks that percentage is too high. Then they go back and forth trade scenarios. Right now they're talking about possiblities between Minn and Chicago. It's a rumor that haven't gotten it's legs yet, but should spread like wildfire.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/2/2005  1:18 PM
You will never get equal trade value for KG. None of the trades (Knicks, Lakers, Nets, etc..) will give Minny equal value in skills. BUT....The Knicks have the best offer in regards with young talent, picks, expiring contracts and the ability to take bad contracts.

If KG is truly being shopped to re-build, then we are the team to deal with.
NYKBocker
USA
5/2/2005  1:22 PM
Posted by tapseer:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by tapseer:

Right now, I'm listening to Full Court Press on Sirius Radio with Kenny Smith, and Jody whoever and the question that was asked of Kenny was "What do you think of the percentages that Minn. trades KG?" Kenny replies "He think there might be a 30% chance that Minn. trades KG" Jody says he thinks that percentage is too high. Then they go back and forth trade scenarios. Right now they're talking about possiblities between Minn and Chicago. It's a rumor that haven't gotten it's legs yet, but should spread like wildfire.

This would be a bad trade for Chicago. They would be gutted of all that talent they already have assembled. Chicago doesn't have any picks this year either.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/2/2005  1:30 PM
If you were the Wolves, would you rather have:

A) KT, TT, Penny, Sweetney and the 8th pick

B) Odom, Grant, Butler, and the 10th pick

C) Chandler, Curry, ADavis and the 15th pick

D) RJ, Nenad, and cap filler?
¿ △ ?
NYKBocker
USA
5/2/2005  1:54 PM
This would be the perfect trade for Minny if they choose to get rid of KG and all their bad contracts...

Ariza, Sweetney, Mo Taylor, Tim Thomas, Penny, 2005 1st Rd Pick(30th), 2005 2nd Rd pick (54th), 2006 1st Rd pick (NO LOTTO PROTECTION), 2006 1st Rd Pick (San Antonio).

for

KG, Wally, Olowokandi, Hudson, Hassell.

We can't trade our 1st rd pick this year due to league rules (Thank god!)

1 Year to suck next year for Minny, then they get TT and Penny off the books and they can go after Michael Redd, Ben Wallace and Nazr Mohammed who are unrestricted FA's.

They will have 4 picks this year. 14, 30, 47 and 54.

For the 14th, they target a PG...Deron Williams, Raymond Felton, Jarrett Jack. Let's say they get Felton.
For the 30th pick they target...Ronny Turiaf, Andre Blatche, CJ Miles. Let's say the get Ronny Turiaf.
For the 47th and 54th pick they target a Euro and a shot blocker. Let's say they get Angelo Gigli and Moussa Badiane.

Then the following year they have 3 first round picks and a 2nd rounder. Their lotto pick, the NY 1st round pick (most likely a mid-first rounder due to the KG factor) and the SA pick which if the same this year is 28th. They suck so bad they get one of the top 3 picks.

Let's say they get Rudy Gay-SF
The NY pick they get Mardy Collins-PG
The SA pikc they get Ivan Chiriaev-SF
Their 2nd rd pick they get Paul Davis - C/PF

Their 2007 Lineup would be...
C-Ben Wallace
PF-Sweetney
SF-Gay
SG-Redd
PG-Felton

Bench - Ariza, Nazr, Turiaf, Gigli, Badiane, Mardy Collins, Chiriaev, Paul Davis.

DANG! I like that lineup.

[Edited by - NYKBocker on 05/02/2005 14:01:42]
MS
Member: #724
5/2/2005  1:55 PM
If the Nets gave up RJ, Kristic, their loto pick, combine that with Minny's pick and something possibly for cassel they could have some nice young assets....

But they wouldn't be the worst team in the league....the knicks deal makes a lot of sense if we give them sweetney, penny, tt, ariza, and our pick.....They get cap space, two picks in this years draft, which are a good way to start or they can trade up with those two picks, and they will have money availalbe next summer, so i think that offer is better for them.....

Odom is good and so is butler but it doesn't get you any where

The Wolves will be a struggling team in the west and endure a losing season and get another pick.....So essentialy your getting three loto picks out of the deal, maybe four if the knicks want to throw in the late pick, sweetney, ariza and cap space.....

You don't get equal value but you do get what you wanted......

Marbury/Hudson
Houston/Crawford
Wally/JYD
KG/Mo
Kurt/Malik

And a player with the mid-level they could be dangerous but they still would have the worst defensive team out there
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
5/2/2005  2:01 PM
KG to New York
HAHA HAHA HAHAHA
We'll see pigs fly first

Soon rumors will fly
Unsupported conjecture
Will spread it's wings wide

Why oh why oh why?
Offseason thrills us moreso
than when the Knicks play
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
NYKBocker
USA
5/2/2005  2:04 PM
Posted by eViL:

KG to New York
HAHA HAHA HAHAHA
We'll see pigs fly first

Soon rumors will fly
Unsupported conjecture
Will spread it's wings wide

Why oh why oh why?
Offseason thrills us moreso
than when the Knicks play

Were pigs flying when Shaq got traded? Did hell freeze over when Wilt got shipped? How about Lew Alcindor?

Stranger things has happened. I think you would agree that the 3 I just mentioned were much better players than KG.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/2/2005  2:04 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by tkf:

that is a good question, because marbs said that he has matured since those days. But if marbs has truly matured and a deal like this happened he would have no problem being second fiddle, it is clear that KG would be the man and the franchise player. Marbs should be happy to have someone take that heat off his back...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/2/2005  2:14 PM
If the T-Wolves were ever going to trade KG, I highly doubt they would do it to a conference rival, and less to the Lakers. They would want him East Coast. My 2 cents on all this KG caos...
Knicks_Fan
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
5/2/2005  2:28 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

If the T-Wolves were ever going to trade KG, I highly doubt they would do it to a conference rival, and less to the Lakers. They would want him East Coast. My 2 cents on all this KG caos...

Save your 2 cents for a dictionary.
MS
Member: #724
5/2/2005  2:32 PM
If steph doesn't like it we can ship his ass to dallas, or memphis or wherever, it doesn't matter
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/2/2005  2:35 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

I agree. Why would they want to help the Lakers out? I think if the had to choose they would rather trade with NY.

Another point is the Knicks can't trade the pick but they could draft a player the T'Wolves want and then trade his rights over after the draft.

I started a thread on this once before.....I truly believe it is possible that KG could become a Knick. Even if Isiah trades away the future to do so....the Knicks still would have moveable players to round out the roster. Plus the all important Mid-level exemption....Bobbi Simmions?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
KG Available?!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy