[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KG Available?!!!
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/2/2005  11:52 AM
If the TWolves are looking to dump salary and rebuild, this is really a no brainer for us. The likelihood of us getting players with a combined value greater than Garnett with our picks is low. Say what you want about Szcerbiack/Hudson's bad deals, but one would be a starter and an outside shooter which we lack, the other a solid backup combo G which we want. Penny, Sweets, Ariza, TT, lotto pick, 30th pick, our first next year...heck I'll even take back Trenton Hassell if they want to dump more long term money.
AUTOADVERT
BigAppleStar3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #683
USA
5/2/2005  11:57 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

The Timberwolves want 3 starters. The Knicks do not have 3 NBA quality starters. End of story.

Kevin Garnett is worth more then 3 starters. If Minnesota REALLY wants to trade KG, it makes no sense for them to re-tool. They need to rebuild. Why else would they insist on getting rid of Wally Szczerbiak and Troy Hudson?
BigAppleStar3
USA
5/2/2005  12:00 PM
Posted by tkf:

NO thanks, I love KG, but I want to build our own thing here, when will we ever learn?

With what? The 8th or 10th pick every year? Players like Kevin Garnett don't grow on trees. If you have a chance to get them, you do whatever it takes!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/2/2005  12:05 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by fishmike:

actually TMS we do. We are the only team in the NBA willing to take on every bad contract a team has in order to get better. I dont know what Hudson's deal is but Wally's is long and bad.

If the Knicks were to win the lottery and get a top 3 pick the deal would look something like this:
TT, Penny, Sweetney, 2005 3rd pick, 54th pick, 2006 first rounder, 2008 first rounder.

That gives Min 2 lottery picks this year. 2 picks next year and an extra one in 2008 as well as about $25mm in cap space next offseason.

If they are going to rebuild there is no better way to start and no other team that will do that.

Now they could get MUCH better deals for KG. Nobody will dispute that. But adding in Wally and whatever other bad deals they have is a different story.

Well said Fish. What separates the Knicks from other teams is that they have the ability to take back horrific contracts like no other

ya know, I was going to say you guys are insane, but that 54th pick could really swing the whole deal in our favor. How could Minnesota turn down the chance to destroy their franchise with a chance to strike second round GOLD?
¿ △ ?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/2/2005  12:07 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by tkf:

NO thanks, I love KG, but I want to build our own thing here, when will we ever learn?

With the #8 pick and then a 1st round playoff exit next year at best? I don't think so..

Usually I agree with you but not when it comes to getting a guy of calibur of KG, Lebron, Duncan, Shaq

I see your point guns, but what worries me is also taking back Hudson and wally's contracts, I mean the wolves could not with with these guys, do you think we become championship calibre all of a sudden? And Kg's deal is horrific, the cat will be making almost the GNP of most small countries... Maybe you do make this deal, but for once, I would like to see us develop a guy like ariza and our lottery pick...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
5/2/2005  12:11 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by tkf:

With what? The 8th or 10th pick every year? Players like Kevin Garnett don't grow on trees. If you have a chance to get them, you do whatever it takes!

I see what you are saying, but suppose with the 8th pick this year, we get an amare type player, and with the 10th pick next year, we get a paul pierce type of talent, the point is you never know, but I like the chances of adding young talent to this team. I see your point in that we get a proven star in KG, but call me crazy, I just wanted to try and rebuild with our own talent for once. Usually I would take the stanc of just going out and try to get KG, but taking back wally and Hudson? whoa.....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BigAppleStar3
USA
Posted by tkf:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by tkf:

With the #8 pick and then a 1st round playoff exit next year at best? I don't think so..

Usually I agree with you but not when it comes to getting a guy of calibur of KG, Lebron, Duncan, Shaq

I see your point guns, but what worries me is also taking back Hudson and wally's contracts, I mean the wolves could not with with these guys, do you think we become championship calibre all of a sudden? And Kg's deal is horrific, the cat will be making almost the GNP of most small countries... Maybe you do make this deal, but for once, I would like to see us develop a guy like ariza and our lottery pick...

Trevor Ariza and the 8th pick will NEVER develope into a Kevin Garnett caliber player. Add KG and Wally Szczerbiak to this team with Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford and Kurt Thomas and we're very dangerous in the East and possibly elite with a good coach.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
Posted by VDesai:

If the TWolves are looking to dump salary and rebuild, this is really a no brainer for us. The likelihood of us getting players with a combined value greater than Garnett with our picks is low. Say what you want about Szcerbiack/Hudson's bad deals, but one would be a starter and an outside shooter which we lack, the other a solid backup combo G which we want. Penny, Sweets, Ariza, TT, lotto pick, 30th pick, our first next year...heck I'll even take back Trenton Hassell if they want to dump more long term money.

exactly but we don't need a combo guard.We already have 2 in marbury and crawford. We need a SG. Forget the notion that we need a combo guard just because Isiah made the mistake of saying we need a combo guard.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
5/2/2005  12:13 PM
Posted by fishmike:

actually TMS we do. We are the only team in the NBA willing to take on every bad contract a team has in order to get better. I dont know what Hudson's deal is but Wally's is long and bad.

If the Knicks were to win the lottery and get a top 3 pick the deal would look something like this:
TT, Penny, Sweetney, 2005 3rd pick, 54th pick, 2006 first rounder, 2008 first rounder.

That gives Min 2 lottery picks this year. 2 picks next year and an extra one in 2008 as well as about $25mm in cap space next offseason.

If they are going to rebuild there is no better way to start and no other team that will do that.

Now they could get MUCH better deals for KG. Nobody will dispute that. But adding in Wally and whatever other bad deals they have is a different story.

I agree with Guns.. good post Fish. The only other team in the NBA that can rival the Knicks payroll and money capacity is the Blazers and I'm not so sure that they have the huge expiring contracts like the Knicks do. Very true statement, other teams have will have better offers for KG alone but the Knicks will have the best offer if the deal includes Wallyworld and Hudson. If that trade did happen, I'd love for Isiah to just buy out Hudson, he's a chemistry killer.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/2/2005  12:13 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by tkf:

Trevor Ariza and the 8th pick will NEVER develope into a Kevin Garnett caliber player. Add KG and Wally Szczerbiak to this team with Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford and Kurt Thomas and we're very dangerous in the East and possibly elite with a good coach.

I would make the deal even if we didn't have Marbury. KG is that good of a franshise player but the fact that we will be able to keep Marbury with KG makes it perfect!
BigAppleStar3
USA
5/2/2005  12:14 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by tkf:

I see what you are saying, but suppose with the 8th pick this year, we get an amare type player, and with the 10th pick next year, we get a paul pierce type of talent, the point is you never know, but I like the chances of adding young talent to this team. I see your point in that we get a proven star in KG, but call me crazy, I just wanted to try and rebuild with our own talent for once. Usually I would take the stanc of just going out and try to get KG, but taking back wally and Hudson? whoa.....

There is no Amare Stoudemire at 8th in this Draft. Chris Taft, Tiago Splitter and Fran Vazquez don't have that type of talent. I understand what you're saying but your plan doesn't work with our management. We aren't in rebuilding mode, we are in re-tool mode. And if we are going to re-tool, why not go big? And Wally Szczerbiak (50% career shooter) and Troy Hudson aren't bad players. Hell, both of them could start on our pathetic team.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/2/2005  12:17 PM
guys, we have ZERO chance, i say again, ZERO chance of getting KG in any trade...the day Isiah gets KG in a trade i'll leave these forums for good...that's how sure i am that we have absolutely ZERO chance of getting KG...btw, did i mention that i thought we had no chance of getting KG?

the Lakers & the Nets would be the frontrunners to get KG if that rumor has any truth to it whatsoever...Lakers have Odom, Butler, Medvedenko & a lottery pick along w/3 expiring MLE level contracts of very serviceable players like Atkins, Vlade & Devean George...Nets have RJ, Krstic, Vince, the #15 pick...you think Kobe Bryant or Jason Kidd wouldn't love to be playing alongside KG? you think Phil Jackson wouldn't love to have KG & Wally as part of his triangle in LA next to Kobe if he decides to return to the Lakers next year? LA can certainly afford to take on big contracts like KG & Wally too.

dream on guys, but KG to NY has about as much chance of me winning the mega millions lottery.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
VDesai
USA
5/2/2005  12:18 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by VDesai:

exactly but we don't need a combo guard.We already have 2 in marbury and crawford. We need a SG. Forget the notion that we need a combo guard just because Isiah made the mistake of saying we need a combo guard.

I don't think we need a combo guard either, but Zeke came out and said he wanted one and Hudson can play a little 2 in addition to backup PG, which we definitely do need as there are none on our roster (if Craw starts). Szerbs could swing to SG some times. We'd still have the MLE to play with in this scenario, and perhaps we could move one of our backup PFs. IF KG were in the fold I wouldn't mind playing KG at center with KT at PF.
BigAppleStar3
USA
5/2/2005  12:22 PM
Posted by TMS:

guys, we have ZERO chance, i say again, ZERO chance of getting KG in any trade...the day Isiah gets KG in a trade i'll leave these forums for good...that's how sure i am that we have absolutely ZERO chance of getting KG...btw, did i mention that i thought we had no chance of getting KG?

the Lakers & the Nets would be the frontrunners to get KG if that rumor has any truth to it whatsoever...Lakers have Odom, Butler, Medvedenko & a lottery pick along w/3 expiring MLE level contracts of very serviceable players like Atkins, Vlade & Devean George...Nets have RJ, Krstic, Vince, the #15 pick...you think Kobe Bryant or Jason Kidd wouldn't love to be playing alongside KG? you think Phil Jackson wouldn't love to have KG & Wally as part of his triangle in LA next to Kobe if he decides to return to the Lakers next year? LA can certainly afford to take on big contracts like KG & Wally too.

dream on guys, but KG to NY has about as much chance of me winning the mega millions lottery.

Thank you Miss Cleo.

Again, if Minnesota is REALLY thinking of trading Kevin Garnett, they are doing it to rebuild, not re-tool. Why get rid of Wally Szczerbiak and Troy Hudson? Why get a Lamar Odom or a Richard Jefferson? Odom, Caron Butler or RJ and Nenad Krystic is not better then KG and Wally. It makes no sense for Kevin McHale to re-tool. They need draft picks, cap room and young prospects.
VDesai
USA
5/2/2005  12:23 PM
Posted by TMS:

IF the T'Wolves are looking to dump salary (big IF), than we arguably have the best deal, b/c we could provide them with 30 mil in cap relief in 1 year (along with Cassell and Kandi coming off the books, that frees up almost 50 mil, they could definitely get far enough under the cap for a Lebron or anyone else coming out in that FA year), plus the highest draft pick to give up (the no.8 at least, and a couple of other first round draft picks) and a couple of decent young assets in Sweetney and Ariza. Again if the Wolves are looking to dump salary (like the Suns were for Marbury) this would be the fastest way to rebuild.
BigAppleStar3
USA
5/2/2005  12:24 PM
Who cares where Troy Hudson plays? He's a filler to make the trade work! I'd take Trenton Hassell too if they want. Haven't we learned that depth never hurts?
VDesai
USA
5/2/2005  12:26 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

Who cares where Troy Hudson plays? He's a filler to make the trade work! I'd take Trenton Hassell too if they want. Haven't we learned that depth never hurts?

The deal works as Penny, TT, Sweets, Ariza for KG, Szerbs, Hudson. There's really no way to add Hassell who's a BYC player, unless we add in guys like JYD etc. and take back some of the rest of their deals, which are expiring which they wouldn't want to trade anyway.
tkf
5/2/2005  12:27 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by tkf:

I could agree with that, or we could become a bigger bunch of underachievers with an even larger payroll... I thought a lot of people felt that craw and marbs can't work together and that craw was such a undiciplined player, so much to the point that he can't be salvaged, I also thought that KT was an unathletic aging PF. so is getting garnett going to change all of that.. just curious...
tapseer
Member: #698
5/2/2005  12:29 PM
I see everyone running with this post, but where is the proof? Am I missing something here or are we allowed to make stuff up and pass it on as truh and everybody runs with it? I'm still looking for the KG article on line and see nothing.
BigAppleStar3
USA
5/2/2005  12:30 PM
Posted by VDesai:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

The deal works as Penny, TT, Sweets, Ariza for KG, Szerbs, Hudson. There's really no way to add Hassell who's a BYC player, unless we add in guys like JYD etc. and take back some of the rest of their deals, which are expiring which they wouldn't want to trade anyway.

Minnesota might like Mo' Taylor, who expires in 2007, for Trenton Hassell.
KG Available?!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy