[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KG Available?!!!
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/2/2005  10:25 AM
According to Sports Illustrated, the Timberwolves plan to make Kevin Garnett available, but whoever trades for him must also take Wally Sczcerbiak and Troy Hudson.

They might be serious since KG makes so much money. They may not be doing well financially and may have to unload.

Go get 'em, Isiah! Give the Wolves WHATEVER THEY WANT for those three!!!!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 05/02/2005 21:38:40]
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
5/2/2005  10:39 AM
Guns: Please provide a link to the SI piece.
Posted by gunsnewing:

Go get 'em, Isiah! Give the Wolves WHATEVER THEY WANT for those three!!!!
This is going to be some off season. First we hear Lebron and now KG!? Most off season are crazy and with rumors but they dont usually include two franchise player and 2 bigger than life coaches.

If there is any truth to this rumor, ANY TRUTH, we should get KG.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 05/02/2005 10:46:52]
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
BigAppleStar3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #683
USA
5/2/2005  10:41 AM
Tim Thomas, Penny Hardaway, Mike Sweetney, Trevor Ariza, 2 Future 1st Round picks for Kevin Garnett, Wally Szczerbiak and Troy Hudson

Minnesota get's almost $30M in expiring contracts, two pretty good young prospects in Sweets in Ariza, 2 future 1st Rounders (something they have no had in years thanks to the Joe Smith fiasco) and they get rid of bad contracts in Wally and Hudson. They also will have enough cap room available in 2006 to go after Yao Ming or Amare Stoudemire. They might also be bad enough to draft Greg Oden.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
5/2/2005  10:43 AM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

Tim Thomas, Penny Hardaway, Mike Sweetney, Trevor Ariza, 2 Future 1st Round picks for Kevin Garnett, Wally Szczerbiak and Troy Hudson

Minnesota get's almost $30M in expiring contracts, two pretty good young prospects in Sweets in Ariza, 2 future 1st Rounders (something they have no had in years thanks to the Joe Smith fiasco) and they get rid of bad contracts in Wally and Hudson. They also will have enough cap room available in 2006 to go after Yao Ming or Amare Stoudemire. They might also be bad enough to draft Greg Oden.
Nice. We reunite the original "He on fire" pair. KG and Steph run together again? Thats a nice fu**ing dream.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
USA
5/2/2005  10:48 AM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

Yeah I think if this ever got done it would be something along those lines and maybe instead of both Sweetney and Ariza it'll take one of them and our lottery pick to get it done. We wouldn't even have to give up Marbury because Minnesota is going to want expiring contracts and Steph's contract is virtually the same as KG's so they have no use for him.

KG/Marbury in New York would be unreal! And that would really increase our chances of getting Phil!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 05/02/2005 10:53:17]
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/2/2005  10:49 AM
The Timberwolves want 3 starters. The Knicks do not have 3 NBA quality starters. End of story.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
5/2/2005  10:59 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

The Timberwolves want 3 starters. The Knicks do not have 3 NBA quality starters. End of story.

No, the purpose of this trade from a Twolves perspective is to get as many expiring contracts as they can. So it comes down to who has big expiring contracts to match KG's and I can't think of a team that has more than the Knicks.

Of course this is assuming there is some truth to this rumor and the wolves really want to unload because they feel they will never win a championship with KG in the West and he is cost them too much or they might have no intention of trading him ever...who knows?
edsonline
Member: #735
5/2/2005  11:02 AM
If this is true then Isiah should offer almost all of the trade assets - Tim, Penny, Mike, Trevor, the lotto pick, the Suns pick, and the Spurs pick. Keep Kurt to trade for Kwame so we have a 5. Marbury, Crawford, Wally, Garnett, Kwame.
edsonline
Member: #735
5/2/2005  11:06 AM
BTW - I just checked, the trade I just suggested works under the cap.
gunsnewing
USA
5/2/2005  11:07 AM
Posted by edsonline:

If this is true then Isiah should offer almost all of the trade assets - Tim, Penny, Mike, Trevor, the lotto pick, the Suns pick, and the Spurs pick. Keep Kurt to trade for Kwame so we have a 5. Marbury, Crawford, Wally, Garnett, Kwame.

only problem with that is that we would still have no perimeter D.

Maybe there's a way to get Spree back and let Crawford be the 6th man he was meant to be.

PG-Steph
SG-Spree
SF-Wally
PF-KG
C-Whatever with KG in town
6th-Crawford

Championship contender every year folks!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 05/02/2005 11:08:19]
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/2/2005  11:08 AM
forget it guys...we have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that would interest MIN.

a team like NJ would have infinitely more attractive assets to offer MIN for KG...an offer of RJ, Krstic & a couple 1st round picks would certainly get them in the door in those discussions...what do the Knicks have other than their #8 pick? & PLEASE do not even bring up Sweetney, KT or the "valuable expiring contracts" of TT & Penny.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
5/2/2005  11:19 AM
Posted by TMS:

forget it guys...we have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that would interest MIN.

a team like NJ would have infinitely more attractive assets to offer MIN for KG...an offer of RJ, Krstic & a couple 1st round picks would certainly get them in the door in those discussions...what do the Knicks have other than their #8 pick? & PLEASE do not even bring up Sweetney, KT or the "valuable expiring contracts" of TT & Penny.

well said... stop reading into all these rumors. we have nothing of value to give away. minn may want salary relief, but they also dont want to be the worst team in the nba
simrud
Member: #474
USA
5/2/2005  11:19 AM
I thought the argument was that Minny wants to dump salary and rebuild, so considering we can take all of their bad contracts, who is a better trading partner than us?

We'll take, Szerbiak, Hudson, Kandi, and whatever more scrubs they got who make long term money and give them the expiring deals of TT, Penny, lottery pick, late 1st round pick, next year's Spurs 1st rounder, and our future 1st round pick, along with Sweetney and Ariza.

A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/2/2005  11:20 AM
actually TMS we do. We are the only team in the NBA willing to take on every bad contract a team has in order to get better. I dont know what Hudson's deal is but Wally's is long and bad.

If the Knicks were to win the lottery and get a top 3 pick the deal would look something like this:
TT, Penny, Sweetney, 2005 3rd pick, 54th pick, 2006 first rounder, 2008 first rounder.

That gives Min 2 lottery picks this year. 2 picks next year and an extra one in 2008 as well as about $25mm in cap space next offseason.

If they are going to rebuild there is no better way to start and no other team that will do that.

Now they could get MUCH better deals for KG. Nobody will dispute that. But adding in Wally and whatever other bad deals they have is a different story.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
USA
5/2/2005  11:23 AM
Posted by fishmike:

actually TMS we do. We are the only team in the NBA willing to take on every bad contract a team has in order to get better. I dont know what Hudson's deal is but Wally's is long and bad.

If the Knicks were to win the lottery and get a top 3 pick the deal would look something like this:
TT, Penny, Sweetney, 2005 3rd pick, 54th pick, 2006 first rounder, 2008 first rounder.

That gives Min 2 lottery picks this year. 2 picks next year and an extra one in 2008 as well as about $25mm in cap space next offseason.

If they are going to rebuild there is no better way to start and no other team that will do that.

Now they could get MUCH better deals for KG. Nobody will dispute that. But adding in Wally and whatever other bad deals they have is a different story.

Well said Fish. What separates the Knicks from other teams is that they have the ability to take back horrific contracts like no other
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/2/2005  11:25 AM
NO thanks, I love KG, but I want to build our own thing here, when will we ever learn?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
gunsnewing
USA
5/2/2005  11:28 AM
Posted by tkf:

NO thanks, I love KG, but I want to build our own thing here, when will we ever learn?

With the #8 pick and then a 1st round playoff exit next year at best? I don't think so..

Usually I agree with you but not when it comes to getting a guy of calibur of KG, Lebron, Duncan, Shaq
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/2/2005  11:29 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Well said Fish. What separates the Knicks from other teams is that they have the ability to take back horrific contracts like no other
[/quote]dont get me wrong... I'm not saying it would happen.

As for building and KG, he's what? 27? 28? We would have a legit 5 year run at a title with Garnett, Marbury, Crawford, KT and Wally.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/2/2005  11:32 AM
If we win the lottery, it's slim to none. If we have the 8th pick, forget it, and we'd have to give up Marbury anyway. That team would crumble for years if they lose KG if they make that trade with us. Their better off getting someone like Odom, Butler and the Lakers lotto pick (If it works under the cap.)
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
tapseer
Member: #698
5/2/2005  11:34 AM
Where is the link? I have looked at the SI website and I don't see anything about what you're talking about. Post the link or direct us to the article so we can see for ourselves that this ain't some made up junk.
KG Available?!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy