[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I hope every single person in the Knicks org are watching the Pistons vs 76ers game right now;
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/1/2005  2:26 PM
This is what competition is. Not goofing around on the defense. The other way around. Hands all over the place. Block shots. Take charges. Move your feet AT ALL TIMES. Rotate. Have some heart. Have a lot of heart actually. I hope Trevor Ariza is watching Prince in particular, b/c this is the guy he should emulate, b/c this is what his skill set is similar to.

These guys are not leaving a thing on the table. They are super athletic. The Knicks dream they could have anything on these 2 teams. They haven't played 1 game this season like this game this year.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/1/2005  3:14 PM
i can't believe there's an actual debate on who's a better player, iverson or marbury!!!

iverson does it on both ends and pretty much the hands down leader of that team.

he's AWESOME.
djsunyc
5/1/2005  3:23 PM
btw, you think any of that hustle and heart is an extension of their leader?

if marbury played defense 40 mins/night, the team will follow suit.

marbury is a heck of a player but his lack of leadership skills is the real difference between him and iverson.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/1/2005  3:26 PM
Of course, but C-Webb is a leader himself, remember, and Iguadala was known for his hustling when he came to the league in the first place. Dalembert was surrounded by a GREAT cast. if he was brought up by the Knicks, he probably wouldn't have turned out to be like this. The guy actually has skills too, but he's got a low Bball IQ. That will turn around. The guy is a beefed up Marcus Camby.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/1/2005  4:02 PM
what would be helpful is if Isiah could add a few guys to act as catalysts for the rest of the team...guys who can bring instant energy, attitude & toughness off the bench that the rest of these guys can feed off of...JYD & Ariza can't do it all alone...

in the offseason, if Isiah could add a couple guys like Ruben Patterson & Chris Anderson or Dan Gadzuric, this team would take on an entirely different outlook imho in terms of the effort they put forth on defense, because you'd have guys on the team who actually know how to play w/passion & effort on a nightly basis showing the rest of the guys how they need to be playing...& the defensive weaknesses of guys like Marbury & Crawford wouldn't be so pronounced.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
djsunyc
5/1/2005  4:05 PM
TMS - even easier, draft 3 uptempo athletic players and PLAY THEM next season with ariza.
DarkKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #882
Spain
5/1/2005  4:08 PM
It must have been a great game. I feel bad for Iverson, probably this has been his best season in the NBA and he wont pass the first round.
TMS
USA
5/1/2005  4:09 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

TMS - even easier, draft 3 uptempo athletic players and PLAY THEM next season with ariza.

yeah, that's been the logical formula the past 15 years & counting, but when does that ever happen in NY? i'm trying to think in realistic terms here.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/1/2005  7:10 PM
Argh... this game was still a two man chuck show with AI and webber hoisting up jumpers, their bad shots late kept detroit in the game and ultimately cost philly. did you see the 6 straight misses by Igudola? the kid was straight bricking, he should not have been allowed to shoot at all... Philly played gutsy but I am not that impressed... They blew the game... and the series..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
5/2/2005  12:56 PM
yep, and is thanking their lucky stars we didn't get webber.
all kool aid all the time.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/2/2005  9:56 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by djsunyc:

yeah, that's been the logical formula the past 15 years & counting, but when does that ever happen in NY? i'm trying to think in realistic terms here.
I don't get your comment. DJ was saying we should use the draft to improve the team. That was definitely NOT the Knicks' plan in the past 15 years. Trading draft picks was. If Isiah keeps the 4 1st rd draft picks (or even trades them for young rather than over-the-hill players) it would indicate a significant change for the better in team philosophy.
TMS
USA
5/2/2005  11:26 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by djsunyc:

I don't get your comment. DJ was saying we should use the draft to improve the team. That was definitely NOT the Knicks' plan in the past 15 years. Trading draft picks was. If Isiah keeps the 4 1st rd draft picks (or even trades them for young rather than over-the-hill players) it would indicate a significant change for the better in team philosophy.

what's so difficult to understand? i said the logical plan the past 15 years has been to draft good talent & PLAY them, but that hasn't happened & there's no reason for anyone to believe it ever will...you basically repeated what i just said.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/3/2005  8:28 AM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by djsunyc:

what's so difficult to understand? i said the logical plan the past 15 years has been to draft good talent & PLAY them, but that hasn't happened & there's no reason for anyone to believe it ever will...you basically repeated what i just said.
I thought you meant that that had been the Knicks plan. I guess I didn't understand what you meant.
I hope every single person in the Knicks org are watching the Pistons vs 76ers game right now;

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy