[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tidbit from BskBALL.com
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/16/2002  1:56 PM
04/16 The Bulls are also a team hinting at getting out of the 1st round, but seeing the Bulls have almost a 1 in 4 shot at the top overall pick, its clear they may look at shopping that pick and a player on the roster for a veteran to compliment Jalen Rose. If the Knicks are serious about running at Yao Ming, Chicago may be the partner that allows them to get a top pick, in addition to their own...

I think that would be a great thing to do, but who would we trade? All signs point to Sprewell, but he is our franchise player. Marcus Camby is another possibility, but i'm not sure if they would take him for their top pick. I could see us trading Sprewell and a future first rounder for their pick and someone like Eddie Robinson. Our team would be much improved.

C Yao Ming, Fatih Solak
PF Marcus Camby, Kurt Thomas, Chris Wilcox, Clarence Weatherspoon
SF Eddie Robinson, Shandon Anderson
SG Allan Houston, Lavor Postell
PG Mark Jackson, Howard Eisley, Charlie Ward

Anyone got any other ideas?
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/16/2002  2:31 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

04/16 The Bulls are also a team hinting at getting out of the 1st round, but seeing the Bulls have almost a 1 in 4 shot at the top overall pick, its clear they may look at shopping that pick and a player on the roster for a veteran to compliment Jalen Rose. If the Knicks are serious about running at Yao Ming, Chicago may be the partner that allows them to get a top pick, in addition to their own...

I think that would be a great thing to do, but who would we trade? All signs point to Sprewell, but he is our franchise player. Marcus Camby is another possibility, but i'm not sure if they would take him for their top pick. I could see us trading Sprewell and a future first rounder for their pick and someone like Eddie Robinson. Our team would be much improved.

C Yao Ming, Fatih Solak
PF Marcus Camby, Kurt Thomas, Chris Wilcox, Clarence Weatherspoon
SF Eddie Robinson, Shandon Anderson
SG Allan Houston, Lavor Postell
PG Mark Jackson, Howard Eisley, Charlie Ward

Anyone got any other ideas?
Trade Allan Houston to Chi-town. they are under the cap and he's the all star 2 guard they need to complement Jalen at the 3, and J-Craw/Best at the point and Chandler/Curry at the 4/5.

We have to take back salary. Marcus Fizer and junk?
Do not give away any future 1st rounders, as we're gonna be bad for a while.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/16/2002  2:53 PM
Now this is interesting. If I am the Bulls I probably would want Houston over Spree. With a guy like him your big men and slasher get much better. Interesting.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
4/16/2002  2:58 PM
The Bucks come to mind as well. Apparently the Bucks are looking at their own first rounder and 3 second rounders.

Darvin Ham ,Greg Foster ,Mark Pope ,Michael Redd and Rafer Alston are all FA's after this season. It's safe to say they'll sign Foster and Redd and I think Ham will get an offer as well. Alston might be on his way out and I don't know anything about Pope to tell you the truth. Anyway, they have 8 guaranteed contract next season which will amount to 53something million. Add the first rounder, Redd, Foster and Ham and they're at 12 players and way over the luxury tax treshold, we must be able to swing a deal with them shouldn't we?

Maybe just get their first rounder? Try to save them a buck or two? (pun intended) Or else pry a second rounder away, could work.
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/16/2002  3:11 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

The Bucks come to mind as well. Apparently the Bucks are looking at their own first rounder and 3 second rounders.

Darvin Ham ,Greg Foster ,Mark Pope ,Michael Redd and Rafer Alston are all FA's after this season. It's safe to say they'll sign Foster and Redd and I think Ham will get an offer as well. Alston might be on his way out and I don't know anything about Pope to tell you the truth. Anyway, they have 8 guaranteed contract next season which will amount to 53something million. Add the first rounder, Redd, Foster and Ham and they're at 12 players and way over the luxury tax treshold, we must be able to swing a deal with them shouldn't we?

Maybe just get their first rounder? Try to save them a buck or two? (pun intended) Or else pry a second rounder away, could work.
we don't have room for second rounders on our roster really.
and dish houston for their pick...
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/16/2002  3:42 PM
I don't think they will take Houston because of the size of his contract. I think we will be able to either trade Sprewell and cash for their first rounder(Yao Ming) and Eddie Robinson or Camby, a future pick(lotto protected) and cash for Ming.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
4/16/2002  10:05 PM
I agree that the Bulls would prefer to take on Sprewell than on Houston. His contract is more attractive and he'd be more popular with Bulls fans than Houston.
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
4/17/2002  4:55 PM

Yea great idea, too bad I brought it up like 2 monthes ago!
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tidbit from BskBALL.com

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy