[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

the way things are looking now, i think we only have 1 draft pick
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/29/2005  3:15 PM
i think isiah is going to be packaging both those late #1's in deals with tim/penny this summer. i think he's going to make his lottery selection (most likely warrick) and then trade those late #1's and call it a day.

the "NO THANKS CLUB" will probably be down a member come september as they hold a press conference to introduce the newest knick - Zydrunas Ilgauskas...
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
4/29/2005  3:27 PM
I'm kind of doubting the Cavs will trade Z for TT or Penny. Reason being, the Cavs have only $26M in salaries for next season and would like to sign some free agents.

Trading for TT or Penny would eat up 12+ Million in salary space.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/29/2005  3:30 PM
i agree w/Andrew...the Cavs have the cap room to sign a Michael Redd & Z too conceivably...they need to make a splash this offseason to keep Lebron from wanting to leave there after the season is over.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/29/2005  3:43 PM
Posted by Andrew:

I'm kind of doubting the Cavs will trade Z for TT or Penny. Reason being, the Cavs have only $26M in salaries for next season and would like to sign some free agents.

If the Knicks are stupid enough to offer TT and pick 8 for Z, Id steal that deal if Im Clev. I get a good player in TT for 1 year and pick 8. I still have enough money to spend wisely on a player, but after TT contract comes out, Im in a year with more FA's.

Think about it, they could add Tim Thomas lets guess Chris Taft, still have money for a nice MLE, and the next year have $$$ for a max FA. Is BIG Z worth Tim Thomas and Chris Taft? NO
RIP Crushalot😞
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/29/2005  4:09 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Andrew:

If the Knicks are stupid enough to offer TT and pick 8 for Z, Id steal that deal if Im Clev. I get a good player in TT for 1 year and pick 8. I still have enough money to spend wisely on a player, but after TT contract comes out, Im in a year with more FA's.

Think about it, they could add Tim Thomas lets guess Chris Taft, still have money for a nice MLE, and the next year have $$$ for a max FA. Is BIG Z worth Tim Thomas and Chris Taft? NO
I think dj mentioned the #30 pick (he had Isiah drafting Warrick which I doubt) and an expiring contract for Ilgauskas. This I doubt too, he didn't take back Webber when he had a chance for one of his expiring contracts and a pick. I really don't know how Isiah rates Ilgauskas, too, I think that is a big factor. I mean dj, can say Isiah will get this guy or that guy but who knows. I personally never thought of Ilgauskas as a Isiah type of guy.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
djsunyc
4/29/2005  4:17 PM
i used Z as an example. you can replace him with any other member of the "NO THANKS CLUB" but you get my point - those picks are gonna get moved and not used. that's what i'm bitching about.
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
4/29/2005  9:25 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Andrew:

I don't want BIG Z and I don't know that I totally disagree with your logic but TT is NOT a nice player (and I would love to get him off the Knicks). At this point if expiring contracts have value then that's his value - he's useless as a player - actually worse then useless because he shows just enough to convince people to play him but then doesn't contribute consistently enough to do anything but hurt the team.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
4/29/2005  9:45 PM
Z is the opposite of everything Isiah claims that he wants: young, athletic big men.

Trading for him would insane.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/29/2005  9:57 PM
Posted by Rich:

Z is the opposite of everything Isiah claims that he wants: young, athletic big men.

No, he's big and very talented so he isn't the exact opposite.

Rich
USA
4/29/2005  10:02 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Rich:

No, he's big and very talented so he isn't the exact opposite.

He can't run the floor or block shots on the move, he turns 30 this year, and has had chronic foot problems.

The idea is to build a championship team, not to pretend just enough sell tickets.
djsunyc
4/29/2005  10:05 PM
Posted by Rich:

now replace Z with kurt, malik, mo and isiah has proven to go after the opposite of everything he claims.
Rich
USA
4/30/2005  12:22 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Rich:

now replace Z with kurt, malik, mo and isiah has proven to go after the opposite of everything he claims.

I agree that Isiah has made things worse.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/30/2005  9:21 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Andrew:

I don't understand how anyone could call TT a good player.
I'd like to get Big Z. He can compliment young athletic players very well. But the 8th pick is too much to give up for him.
I'm also never against trading draft picks if you can get a better young player via trade than via the pick. I wouldn't mind if Isiah traded all four that we have over the next two years if each trade yielded better players than those who were available to be drafted.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/30/2005  10:49 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

i used Z as an example. you can replace him with any other member of the "NO THANKS CLUB" but you get my point - those picks are gonna get moved and not used. that's what i'm bitching about.

Then stop bitching!
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/30/2005  10:52 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Rich:

Its true that so far Isiah claims something and doeas another. Thats the problem of not having a plan! Grr! He has no idea and is making the same mistakes of his predecesors. I just don't want to believe, for my mental health, that Isiah will make such a terrible trade. The trade is too Laydenish... Grr!
Knicks_Fan
the way things are looking now, i think we only have 1 draft pick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy