[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How are you all doing????
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/29/2005  8:50 AM
It's Friday and I am still anxious about Isiah's next move. We have so many needs, and I don't know whether or not he will be able to upgrade our squad by next season. We need coaches, players, and a new T.V. contract. That is quite a lot for this organization to assemble within one year. As you all know, N.Y is very hungry for a good product, and as you all know, it takes time to prepare a good meal. We are in the right track in my opinion, but given Isiah reputation around the league, other GMs may not want to contribute to his success. As a fan, I am very concerned. I want to read nothing but great things about this franchise, especially after 6 years of mediocrity, but I don't know if that will be the case anytime soon.

What do you all think????
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/29/2005  9:14 AM
Continuation....

In my opinion, for the Knicks to be good next season and beyond, Isiah really has to clearly identify his priorities. If it is true that he will use Marburry as the face of the franchise, he will have to put in place a coach who is familiar to Marburry's style and players that could complement Marbs with the skills that he will need to be successful as a player and the assets that could earn the KNICKS a lot of wins. Isiah is a very visible GM, he needs to have an equal personality around him as a coach to command the respect of the players and most of all to keep Isiah in check when he is making decisions. As for players, Marb can not have guys around him that will undermine his authority as a captain. He is the best player on the squad; therefore he has to be able to direct the squad.

Guys like Kurt, TT, Penny and Houston are not who we need to have around him. Malik is a true leader and by virtue of his championship participations, he can be around to support Marb as a secondary leader. Guys that will be objective or cause controversies like Kurt, TT, and Houston will all have to go. I have mentioned this scenario early on in the season, but some were very mad at me. Marb came in a really bad situation, because Kurt and Houston were the leaders of that team prior to his arrival. Asking of him to be the best player and leader of that same squad is very difficult. Therefore, for Isiah and the Knicks to truly draw the positive out of Marb, it is imperative for him to do what is right, and that is trading Kurt, because he is the only one that is currently in the starting lineup. How many bad arguments that have already happened between he and Marb???

[Edited by - diderotn on 04/29/2005 09:16:05]
The true Knickabocker..........
How are you all doing????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy