[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Maybury isn't going anywhere...
Author Thread
Knick2001
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #83
4/29/2005  7:38 AM
as long as Thomas is GM. From the NY Daily News in an article about Flip Saunders as a coaching candidate:

"Saunders' appeal is that he has a good relationship with Stephon Marbury, the point guard that Thomas is committed to building the team around. "
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/29/2005  7:40 AM
well... if the Daily News said it it must be true
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/29/2005  7:50 AM
I wasn't expecting for him to go anywhere also. For what it's worth, I would trade everyone else before trading him. Marburry has been nothing but stellar with the Knicks, but I do believe that he needs a real motivator to push him, just like any other super-star
The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/29/2005  7:55 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I wasn't expecting for him to go anywhere also. For what it's worth, I would trade everyone else before trading him.
I agree and I get the impression Isiah would too. There's nothing wrong with keeping a 28 year old 20/8 player. If we get some nice young players that people want, Marbury will elevate their games.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/29/2005  8:41 AM
I agree. He looked really good playing along side of Amare/Marion/Joe Johnson, and others. He can do the same with N.Y. if Isiah assembles the athletic bunch that he has been so eloquantly describing. We already have two very athletic pieces that Marb has played really well with in Ariza and Crawff. If we can find the front-court player that Marb can utilize unlike the pick & roll Kurt Thomas, Marb's assist ratio will look much better. We need a shooter around him also. Not Crawfford's eratic shooting type. A healthy $20 million Houston would have been the right player, but as you all know, he has been saving his diamond knees for when he turns 60

Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by diderotn:

I wasn't expecting for him to go anywhere also. For what it's worth, I would trade everyone else before trading him.
I agree and I get the impression Isiah would too. There's nothing wrong with keeping a 28 year old 20/8 player. If we get some nice young players that people want, Marbury will elevate their games.
The true Knickabocker..........
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/29/2005  9:44 AM
Posted by fishmike:

well... if the Daily News said it it must be true

it is. from what they're saying, fratello is still the head coach.
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
4/29/2005  11:53 AM
I agree about keeping Marbs. I was really impressed with his professionalism and maturity this season. It would be insane to trade him now, right when he's maturing into a determined kind of veteran, and also because his trade value is so low around the league. Marbs is at the point in his career where all he needs is a REAL coach and a little help around him. Most important will be a defensive minded 2-3 to share minutes with him - an Artest type. That's why I think we should take a shot at Webster in the lotto, or start trevor at the 2 and take Craw off the bench.
Maybury isn't going anywhere...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy