Author Thread
DarkKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #882
Spain
4/29/2005  2:00 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by teslawlo:

this is all a matter of rod thorn, an excellent/genius level GM, being able to dictate his own plan for quite a few years now. The Nets will not be that much a "team on the rise" however. Their core has significant flaws. Kidd is only getting older. VC and RJ do the same things different ways, and one of them will have to be traded. After 3 years, they are still starting jason Collins and scalabrine. That tells you something about their big men...

you have to be kidding me, Kristic is 7-0 and better than anyone in our frontcourt, will continue to get better at only 23 years old. the biggest guy on our team is 6-9, unless we get amare stoudemire--which we wont, we have no chance to become a good team. weve gone without size since camby left-only mutumbo for short periods of time gave us anything.
You are the one who has to be kidding. Kristic is a mediocre player having a DECENT year because his team has horrible big men. Just for example, Mohammed was CLEARLY better than him, man. Hell, even Doleac is better. A few good games don't make him a good player.

[Edited by - DarkKnicks on 04/29/2005 14:46:16]
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/29/2005  2:03 PM
Posted by DarkKnicks:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by teslawlo:

this is all a matter of rod thorn, an excellent/genius level GM, being able to dictate his own plan for quite a few years now. The Nets will not be that much a "team on the rise" however. Their core has significant flaws. Kidd is only getting older. VC and RJ do the same things different ways, and one of them will have to be traded. After 3 years, they are still starting jason Collins and scalabrine. That tells you something about their big men...

No way man. Kristic can flat at shoot at 7ft! He's much more condusive to starting and helping win games than Nazr who is a black hole offensively and doesn't block shots.
you have to be kidding me, Kristic is 7-0 and better than anyone in our frontcourt, will continue to get better at only 23 years old. the biggest guy on our team is 6-9, unless we get amare stoudemire--which we wont, we have no chance to become a good team. weve gone without size since camby left-only mutumbo for short periods of time gave us anything.
You are the one who has to be kidding. Kristic is a mediocre player having a DECENT year because his team has horrible big men. Just for example, Mohammed was CLEARLY better than him, man. Hell, even Doleac is better. A few good games doesn't make him a good player.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/29/2005  4:07 PM
Posted by teslawlo:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by teslawlo:

BRIGGS, this is not a comparison of knicks vs nets, it's not about 2 teams. The fact remains that the nets are not going ANYWHERE in the playoffs with a more reasonable core and MANY more serviceable big men. I would think this slaughter vs the heat would show ppl that. No, instead, people conclude that kidd is awesome, even though wade is picking him apart, and that krstic is shaq 2. I will never, ever say anything about the nets again if they reach the ECF or the nba finals next year. I promise. That's how sure I am that the nets' core is flawed and that they need a few pieces before becoming a real contender again.
All of your star players are wing players and you have a do it all PG. Whoop de doo, let's try putting VC at C and RJ at PF, see what happens.
Collins + scalabrine = laughingstock of the league. Don't believe the tri-state area hype, these are simply people playing just because there are minutes available. If they sign swift/SAR, and trade either RJ or VC, then I see them making some noise. Until then, no.

my thoughts exactly. The nets are more than one player away, as most people seem to think, and I also feel they need to decide on keeping either vince or RJ... The nets outside of kristic have no quality biggs, and if they can get either swift or SAR, that will just solve part of their problem, but I would like to ask, are swift or SAR any better than Kenyon? and they still could not win it all with kenyon..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/29/2005  4:49 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

kidd > anybody on the knicks
carter > anybody on the knicks
RJ > anybody on the knicks - marbury

krstic > anybody on the knicks - marbury (size matters)

they have a #1 pick in the teens.

they have 2 trade exemptions.

we are not even in the same gym when it comes to the nets.
Knicks suck, Nets suck. Yeah they are beginning to get the idea too. Next year J-Kidd will be a year older, facing new and more complex knee problems. Vince will finally let down his headband and let the real Vince out, small injuries, motivation problems, and coach problems. Jefferson is solid but not the superstar that everyone thought he was on his way to becoming, and as far as Kristic is concern I seen enough of him on Sunday to let me know about him. That ass attack that Shaq put on him was classic, ESPN must have ran that clip like 100 times. The Nets window is shrinking by leaps and bounds with each lost to the Heat.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
4/29/2005  5:13 PM
hop off the nets d*** already!!! im a ultimate knicks fan. we taking the chip before the nets do!!!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/30/2005  9:15 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

this is hilarious! I'm looking through the Nets board and all you see are posts saying

"We should've tanked and got a top 10 pick" and

"We won 15-4 and were feeling pretty good about upsetting the Heat but now we're about to get swept, I wish we went 4-15 instead and got in the lottery"
Interesting!
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/30/2005  10:56 AM
If the Nets so happened to meet a team besides Miami, they would have made things a lot more interesting. They probably would have lost, but it still would have been a better series.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/30/2005  11:05 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

this is hilarious! I'm looking through the Nets board and all you see are posts saying

"We should've tanked and got a top 10 pick" and

"We won 15-4 and were feeling pretty good about upsetting the Heat but now we're about to get swept, I wish we went 4-15 instead and got in the lottery"

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that is frickin hilarious!

Makes it even more hilarious to compare that to what knicks fans are posting here. LOL!
Knicks_Fan
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/30/2005  12:53 PM
I hate the sh** out of the Nets but I do respect what they've accomplished. I think Kidd's been amazing considering his surgery; I freakin hate that loser Carter but he's been incredible for them; Jefferson has made a great appearance after his surgery; Kristic I think is a real player and shown a lot against Shaq. So I don't have to deny their abilities to still say I F'G HATE THAT TEAM AND LOVE SEEING THEM GETTING THEIR SWAMPY LAME ASSES HANDED TO THEM!!!!!!!

Muahhhahahahahahahah!!!!

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/30/2005  1:12 PM
Posted by Marv:

I hate the sh** out of the Nets but I do respect what they've accomplished. I think Kidd's been amazing considering his surgery; I freakin hate that loser Carter but he's been incredible for them; Jefferson has made a great appearance after his surgery; Kristic I think is a real player and shown a lot against Shaq. So I don't have to deny their abilities to still say I F'G HATE THAT TEAM AND LOVE SEEING THEM GETTING THEIR SWAMPY LAME ASSES HANDED TO THEM!!!!!!!

Muahhhahahahahahahah!!!!

LOL!
Knicks_Fan
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/30/2005  2:23 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

If the Nets so happened to meet a team besides Miami, they would have made things a lot more interesting. They probably would have lost, but it still would have been a better series.
Probably true but they didn't earn their way to a better seed. You barely sneak into to the playoffs, you get an awful matchup.
nets - man, we are cursed

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy