[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

nets - man, we are cursed
Author Thread
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/29/2005  12:25 AM
Nice preach, Silver!!

Can we say that the Nets are to basketball what Joe Piscopo is to comedy?
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/29/2005  12:27 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Maybe it's because I don't live in the NYC area, but I don't understand Knick fans' obsession with the Nets. To me, they're just one of the other 29 teams. No more, no less important. I actually like watching Kidd, RJ, and Vince and was rooting for them to win tonight.
You need to step up a level of your devotion to the knicks. When J. Kidd plays at the very top of his game every time we play and goes out of his way to make vile, hateful, and demeaning remarks about our team (true or not) you should be rooting against them with every fiber of your being as I was tonight F.UCK the nETS!!

What part of the word 'rival' do you not get? It may be because you don't live in NY, but your position still baffles me.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/29/2005  12:32 AM
Posted by Marv:

Nice preach, Silver!!

Can we say that the Nets are to basketball what Joe Piscopo is to comedy?

hahahahahahaha perfect analogy!
gunsnewing
USA
4/29/2005  12:40 AM
I can understand why the Nets would be neutral to a guy like Bonn who isn't from around here. The Knicks and Nets really haven't had a rivalry on the court because they've both been good and bad at different times. I'm sure Bonn hates Miami and Indy since they were our big rivals. Knicks-Nets is more about pure HATRED!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/29/2005  7:50 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Bonn1997:
nets are still 2nd class BUT they do still share the same newspapers
Don't get my news from newspapers

sports sections
Don't get my sports news from sports sections; I watch espn and NBAtv.

they are the closest team in the vicinity
Raptors are the closest team in my vicinity followed by the Pistons and Cavs

makes our $200 mil harder to swallow
Don't care about how much money Dolan spends

Any other reasons I should care more about the Nets than the other 28 teams??

you asked what the facination was and you also mentioned vicinity. i responded. nobody asked why you should care.

these are the type of responses people here get pissed about. snit is a good word to describe it.
No reason to get upset DJ. Most people on this thread seem not to care as much about the Nets as you do and I thought your reasons for caring so much about them (newspapers, etc.) were bizarre.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
4/29/2005  8:37 AM
coming from another person living from nj, i have been watching basketball for exactly 16 years. i lived in south jersey and had to deal with philly fans, which to me are the worst fans possible. in those 16 years, i remember the nets having two periods that they were considered good: 1992- 1994 with kenny anderson and derrick coleman and now. and during those two times, i did not like them. i can't say i despised them like i do the lakers, bulls or sixers but i did not like them. it is not because of the fans which i met my first net fans in college. it is because of the players. for some reason, the nets players always had a problem with the knicks. it is like they are programed to. maybe because we monopolized the media in the tri- state area even when we are awful i don't know. i remember derrick coleman used to talk mad mess and tried to push the knicks around ( and i emphasized try). now fast forward to now, j kidd came and started from the bat talking, saying that the nets were the best team in the area. then rj and k-mart, when he was here, started running their mouth. why are they worried about a down and out team? believe it or not, it is jealousy. they had the better team the past 4 years but we ironically still have the clout, the prestige and the tradition. and they are realizing no matter what they do, going to the nba finals, moving to brooklyn, they will ALWAY be second fiddle in the area. i kind of feel sorry for them.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/29/2005  9:40 AM
Posted by Andrew:

The Nets went from ther #1 seed to the #8 seed and a probable sweep in the first round and people are saying Thorn is a genuis?

He's a good GM, but the Nets have 3 max players at the guard and small forward position. I don't see the Nets competing for the Championship anytime soon.

kidd was hurt for a month AND was closely monitored till after the break. RJ was gone for 4 months. they got vince midway through. if these 3 played together the entire year, they RUN AWAY with the atlantic.

the kmart fiasco was b/c of the owner, not thorn. he also drafted krstic and let him sit in europe for a year. he dumped kittles for a trade exemption.

if kidd is healthy next season from the start, as well as RJ, and a returning vince, with a 2nd year krstic, and a possible addition of swift/sar/and a #1 - they are right back at the top of the east (imo).

they do have 3 max players but everyone one of them is better than ours and RJ is better than everybody except marbury. that's good use of money.

they really are light years ahead of us organizationally and on the court as well.

i hate them big time but damn if i wish those guys weren't running our team.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/29/2005  9:54 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

if kidd is healthy next season from the start, as well as RJ, and a returning vince, with a 2nd year krstic, and a possible addition of swift/sar/and a #1 - they are right back at the top of the east (imo).
If the Knicks have a full healthy roster and a possible addition of swift, they are up there in teh east as well.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/29/2005  10:00 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by djsunyc:

If the Knicks have a full healthy roster and a possible addition of swift, they are up there in teh east as well.

up in the east? i don't think they'll be that good. they may contend for the atlantic but that's it. we have WAY too many holes that a swift can't fill by himself.

and we were relatively healthy last year compared to everybody else. our main injury was h20 and he's done.
Silverfuel
USA
4/29/2005  10:23 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by djsunyc:

up in the east? i don't think they'll be that good. they may contend for the atlantic but that's it. we have WAY too many holes that a swift can't fill by himself.

and we were relatively healthy last year compared to everybody else. our main injury was h20 and he's done.
Look bro, the Nets at this point have more promise than the Knicks. They have more talent on their roster than the Knicks. No one doubts that. If you want to just compare future's on a young and new team then I would rather have Memphis or Denver. They have more talent on their roster IMO.

Injuries happen. You want to blame them, fine. The Nets would be in a better spot right now if they werent injured. They still will not win a championship if Jason Kidd is their best player. Another thing, even if they were healthy, they are not beating Miami or Detroit. That means, they went down from being a number 1 seed. That means Rod Thorn is not a genius cause his team just dropped a few spots and cannot compare with other teams improving.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/29/2005  10:39 AM
i hate the Nets because they're everything i wish the Knicks were but AREN'T...they play hard everynight, they don't make excuses when players are out w/injuries, & they play good, fundamental TEAM oriented basketball & DEFEND, something the NY Knicks don't know the meaning of.

i hate the Nets because they've absolutely DOMINATED & humiliated the Knicks the past 10,000 times they've played them...

i hate the Nets because Jason Kidd trashes them in the media & no one on the Knicks gives a crap about it...

on second thought, maybe i should just hate the Knicks instead...it would be alot less stressful.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
USA
4/29/2005  10:54 AM
I rather the Knicks be like a truly good team like the spurs, miai or houston not NJ!
Silverfuel
USA
4/29/2005  11:14 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I rather the Knicks be like a truly good team like the spurs, miai or houston not NJ!
EXACTLY!! The Nets arent even good enough to win the East, forget the championship. Just beacause a team is better than the Knicks right now, doesnt mean a damn thing cause most teams right now are better than the Knicks right now. Honestly, its not worth hating the Nets but they are like the trolls and I always get trolled.
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
4/29/2005  11:23 AM
I think its great how you are all jumping on the Nets trying to belittle them because they are a far better team, they were missing their players for a good part of the season and still got into the playoffs

Jason Kidd took the Nets to two nba finals in a row and would have done it again last year if he wasn't nursing a bad knee.....

The Nets are fun to watch, unlike the Knicks, they are literally better at every position...

Kidd----dwarfs Marbury in every way possible, he rebounds better, is a better passer, defender, big game player, and a winner

Carter--not even close, thanks Isiah, he nearly had a triple double, he is good rebounder and fantastic passer

RJ---does everything well except shoot, he is young he will learn no one on the roster is close

Kristic---has shown serious strides as a rookie, more than sweetney's fat ****ing ass has shown in his two years,

Center---we are even

GM----Not even close, Isiah couldn't hold a candle to thorn.....

The Nets aren't second rate they are just in a bad area, they play a better brand of basketball and actually try something our ghetto punks have yet to learn.....

I would trade every player on the knicks for a pile of **** and call it a fair deal at this point.....if the draft doesn't save us nothing will....
gunsnewing
USA
4/29/2005  11:27 AM
this is hilarious! I'm looking through the Nets board and all you see are posts saying

"We should've tanked and got a top 10 pick" and

"We won 15-4 and were feeling pretty good about upsetting the Heat but now we're about to get swept, I wish we went 4-15 instead and got in the lottery"

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that is frickin hilarious!
Silverfuel
USA
4/29/2005  11:30 AM
Posted by MS:

The Nets aren't second rate they are just in a bad area
They are absolutely 2nd rate. First rate are teams like: Spurs, Heat, Detroit, Houston, Phoenix. I want the Knicks to be like one of the first rate teams.
MS
4/29/2005  11:34 AM
Suns, Heat need to get to the NBA finals before we classify them as anything
gunsnewing
USA
4/29/2005  11:36 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by MS:

The Nets aren't second rate they are just in a bad area
They are absolutely 2nd rate. First rate are teams like: Spurs, Heat, Detroit, Houston, Phoenix. I want the Knicks to be like one of the first rate teams.

I think he meant they aren't 2nd rate in the metropolitan area and that if they would relocate they could be the #1 team in the area but that will never happen! The Knicks have too much history. They will always play 2nd fiddle to the Knicks just like the Mets to the Yankees. Actually not even that close!
MS
4/29/2005  11:38 AM
This town switches so fast its disgusting, when the Mets were doing in the late 80s everyone was a mets fans, and then everyone became a yankee fan again

NY cheers for the right now team when the other is in the dumps
gunsnewing
USA
4/29/2005  11:44 AM
not the true fans. just listen to the fan there's just as many Met callers.
nets - man, we are cursed

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy