[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

nets - man, we are cursed
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/28/2005  10:18 PM
nets are good. if they can get swift or SAR and draft petro look out detroit/miami next season.

jason kidd is hands down the best PG in the league. it's not even close between him and nash. sorry people but kidd is a complete player.

WE ARE CURSED.

jkidd is playing 50+ minutes doing everything on both ends of the court and we have h20, who's a strict spot up shooter, and he can't even gimp up and down between the 3 point lines.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 04/28/2005 22:19:10]
AUTOADVERT
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
4/28/2005  10:36 PM
this is all a matter of rod thorn, an excellent/genius level GM, being able to dictate his own plan for quite a few years now. The Nets will not be that much a "team on the rise" however. Their core has significant flaws. Kidd is only getting older. VC and RJ do the same things different ways, and one of them will have to be traded. After 3 years, they are still starting jason Collins and scalabrine. That tells you something about their big men...
http://allknicks.com
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/28/2005  10:45 PM
No team with Jason Kidd as their best player will ever win a championship. There has to be someone better than Kidd on the team for him to get a rind.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/28/2005  10:46 PM
Posted by teslawlo:

this is all a matter of rod thorn, an excellent/genius level GM, being able to dictate his own plan for quite a few years now. The Nets will not be that much a "team on the rise" however. Their core has significant flaws. Kidd is only getting older. VC and RJ do the same things different ways, and one of them will have to be traded. After 3 years, they are still starting jason Collins and scalabrine. That tells you something about their big men...

you have to be kidding me, Kristic is 7-0 and better than anyone in our frontcourt, will continue to get better at only 23 years old. the biggest guy on our team is 6-9, unless we get amare stoudemire--which we wont, we have no chance to become a good team. weve gone without size since camby left-only mutumbo for short periods of time gave us anything.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/28/2005  10:47 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

No team with Jason Kidd as their best player will ever win a championship. There has to be someone better than Kidd on the team for him to get a rind.

Jason Kidd is better than any one player on the Knicks.
RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
4/28/2005  10:50 PM
kidd > anybody on the knicks
carter > anybody on the knicks
RJ > anybody on the knicks - marbury

krstic > anybody on the knicks - marbury (size matters)

they have a #1 pick in the teens.

they have 2 trade exemptions.

we are not even in the same gym when it comes to the nets.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
4/28/2005  10:52 PM
Maybe it's because I don't live in the NYC area, but I don't understand Knick fans' obsession with the Nets. To me, they're just one of the other 29 teams. No more, no less important. I actually like watching Kidd, RJ, and Vince and was rooting for them to win tonight.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/28/2005  10:57 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Silverfuel:

So what, him being better then any Knick has nothing to do with it. I agree with Silverfuel, no team that has Jason Kidd as their best player will ever win a championship, it's just plain and simple, he's great but still needs a better player on his team. I don't mean this in a stuckup way but the Knicks have nothing to do with this conversation.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Bonn1997
USA
4/28/2005  10:58 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Silverfuel:

So what, him being better then any Knick has nothing to do with it. I agree with Silverfuel, no team that has Jason Kidd as their best player will ever win a championship, it's just plain and simple, he's great but still needs a better player on his team. I don't mean this in a stuckup way but the Knicks have nothing to do with this conversation.
I agree with every point there!
djsunyc
4/28/2005  10:59 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Maybe it's because I don't live in the NYC area, but I don't understand Knick fans' obsession with the Nets. To me, they're just one of the other 29 teams. No more, no less important. I actually like watching Kidd, RJ, and Vince and was rooting for them to win tonight.

nets are still 2nd class BUT they do still share the same newspapers and sports sections. they are the closest team in the vicinity and watching how they do business and how we do business makes our $200 mil harder to swallow.
Silverfuel
USA
4/28/2005  11:01 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Silverfuel:

You wont believe this but I wrote up a post exactly like what you just said there. Then I saw yours and deleted mine cause your post says it better.
djsunyc
4/28/2005  11:06 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Silverfuel:

sorry broham but with the above argument, you can swap out jkidd's name with pretty much everybody else in the league. only guy you can say that did it without a great teammate is duncan and he beat jkidd.

i will tell you this, if the rosters are exactly the same, i'd rather have jkidd on this knicks team than marbury.
Bonn1997
USA
4/28/2005  11:06 PM
nets are still 2nd class BUT they do still share the same newspapers
Don't get my news from newspapers

sports sections
Don't get my sports news from sports sections; I watch espn and NBAtv.

they are the closest team in the vicinity
Raptors are the closest team in my vicinity followed by the Pistons and Cavs

makes our $200 mil harder to swallow
Don't care about how much money Dolan spends

Any other reasons I should care more about the Nets than the other 28 teams??
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
4/28/2005  11:11 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Silverfuel:

I agree with every point there!

Me too.
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
4/28/2005  11:14 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by teslawlo:

you have to be kidding me, Kristic is 7-0 and better than anyone in our frontcourt, will continue to get better at only 23 years old. the biggest guy on our team is 6-9, unless we get amare stoudemire--which we wont, we have no chance to become a good team. weve gone without size since camby left-only mutumbo for short periods of time gave us anything.
BRIGGS, this is not a comparison of knicks vs nets, it's not about 2 teams. The fact remains that the nets are not going ANYWHERE in the playoffs with a more reasonable core and MANY more serviceable big men. I would think this slaughter vs the heat would show ppl that. No, instead, people conclude that kidd is awesome, even though wade is picking him apart, and that krstic is shaq 2. I will never, ever say anything about the nets again if they reach the ECF or the nba finals next year. I promise. That's how sure I am that the nets' core is flawed and that they need a few pieces before becoming a real contender again.
All of your star players are wing players and you have a do it all PG. Whoop de doo, let's try putting VC at C and RJ at PF, see what happens.
Collins + scalabrine = laughingstock of the league. Don't believe the tri-state area hype, these are simply people playing just because there are minutes available. If they sign swift/SAR, and trade either RJ or VC, then I see them making some noise. Until then, no.
http://allknicks.com
djsunyc
4/28/2005  11:14 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
nets are still 2nd class BUT they do still share the same newspapers
Don't get my news from newspapers

sports sections
Don't get my sports news from sports sections; I watch espn and NBAtv.

they are the closest team in the vicinity
Raptors are the closest team in my vicinity followed by the Pistons and Cavs

makes our $200 mil harder to swallow
Don't care about how much money Dolan spends

Any other reasons I should care more about the Nets than the other 28 teams??

you asked what the facination was and you also mentioned vicinity. i responded. nobody asked why you should care.

these are the type of responses people here get pissed about. snit is a good word to describe it.
Silverfuel
USA
4/28/2005  11:19 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I hate the Nets and I hate the Net fans even more. I think it has a lot to do with me being in Jersey. Nets fans dont know much about basketball, dont care much about basketball and have never won a championship. Their team is fairly young when it comes to the winning circle. I have had Nets fans ask me "Why are you a Knick fan when they suck?" That sounds very stupid. Just cause my team is doing poorly doesnt mean I stop cheering for them. Thats how they think and trust me, it is the majority that thinks like that.

NBA finals, Game 5 against San Antonio, the Nets are getting blown out in the 4th. Saturday night with 6 minutes left in the fourth and the fans start leaving the Stadium!! What their rush? Its a freaking saturday night and their teams season is about to end. No standing O for a great season, no cheering for their team and definately not post game roll call.

Richard Jefferson acts like he is a good player. I can name 10 small forwards before his name will come up. I also hate the Nets because of stupid comments RJ, K-mart and Kidd have made. They act like they have been around for a while. They act like they are tough when they beat up on a bad Knick team. Then they think its cool to say "I dont get excited to play a bad team." Hey, I am a Knick fan. I hate that crap. You are not a great team either Jason. I bet Shaq doesnt get excited to play your team.

I would give my left nut to watch the Nets TRY to run and gun on Oakley. I would give my left arm to see Richard Jefferson try and run into the paint guarded by Ewing. No sir, the Nets couldnt match up. They were never a championship team. They have a better roster than the Knicks. They have more promise than the Knicks. They are in a better situation but I could name many more roster I would rather have than the Nets roster. I have plenty of proof that Nets fans dont care about their team, they just jumped on the bandwagon because they thought it was going somewhere but its not. A decent team, a terrible fanbase and swagger? bleh, I would puke all over the medowlands if I hear another Net fan talk about what a great move it was to "DRAFT Jason Kidd!"
Silverfuel
USA
4/28/2005  11:23 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Silverfuel:

sorry broham but with the above argument, you can swap out jkidd's name with pretty much everybody else in the league. only guy you can say that did it without a great teammate is duncan and he beat jkidd.

i will tell you this, if the rosters are exactly the same, i'd rather have jkidd on this knicks team than marbury.
NO dude, thats not what I am saying at all. It has nothing to do with doing it alone. I dont think Lebron can win a championship alone but he can be the best player on a team that wins the Championship. He needs help but he doesnt need a player better than him

Jason Kidd cannot be the best player on a team that is contending for a title. He has to be the 2nd best. He will provide the help not get the help. He cannot be the "franchise".

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 04/28/2005 23:28:57]
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/29/2005  12:18 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Bonn1997:

I hate the Nets and I hate the Net fans even more. I think it has a lot to do with me being in Jersey. Nets fans dont know much about basketball, dont care much about basketball and have never won a championship. Their team is fairly young when it comes to the winning circle. I have had Nets fans ask me "Why are you a Knick fan when they suck?" That sounds very stupid. Just cause my team is doing poorly doesnt mean I stop cheering for them. Thats how they think and trust me, it is the majority that thinks like that.

NBA finals, Game 5 against San Antonio, the Nets are getting blown out in the 4th. Saturday night with 6 minutes left in the fourth and the fans start leaving the Stadium!! What their rush? Its a freaking saturday night and their teams season is about to end. No standing O for a great season, no cheering for their team and definately not post game roll call.

Richard Jefferson acts like he is a good player. I can name 10 small forwards before his name will come up. I also hate the Nets because of stupid comments RJ, K-mart and Kidd have made. They act like they have been around for a while. They act like they are tough when they beat up on a bad Knick team. Then they think its cool to say "I dont get excited to play a bad team." Hey, I am a Knick fan. I hate that crap. You are not a great team either Jason. I bet Shaq doesnt get excited to play your team.

I would give my left nut to watch the Nets TRY to run and gun on Oakley. I would give my left arm to see Richard Jefferson try and run into the paint guarded by Ewing. No sir, the Nets couldnt match up. They were never a championship team. They have a better roster than the Knicks. They have more promise than the Knicks. They are in a better situation but I could name many more roster I would rather have than the Nets roster. I have plenty of proof that Nets fans dont care about their team, they just jumped on the bandwagon because they thought it was going somewhere but its not. A decent team, a terrible fanbase and swagger? bleh, I would puke all over the medowlands if I hear another Net fan talk about what a great move it was to "DRAFT Jason Kidd!"

Wow! you hit the nail right on the head! Also being from Jersey I can confirm that everything Silver said about the Nets and their fans is true. My entire life I met one true Net fan. Now all of a sudden everyone is sporting Nets gear in NJ. The same people who were Bulls fans, Magic fans and the bandwagon Knick fans! And the fact that they don't support their team and have the lamest crowd in the league is pathetic!

And then Kidd talks about not getting excited about playing the Knicks like his team accomplished anything! Miami is taking the Nets so lightly that they are using this series to rest Shaq as he's only getting 20mins a game! And they're still blowing out and sweeping the Nets!
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
4/29/2005  12:19 AM
The Nets went from ther #1 seed to the #8 seed and a probable sweep in the first round and people are saying Thorn is a genuis?

He's a good GM, but the Nets have 3 max players at the guard and small forward position. I don't see the Nets competing for the Championship anytime soon.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
nets - man, we are cursed

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy