his buyout is to expensive
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/28/2005  6:05 PM
is there an English version of that article?
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
4/28/2005  6:46 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

unfortunately, briggs happens to be the only one to speak portuguese/spanish, whatever that article is in... But really, you get the gist of it from the title
http://allknicks.com
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
4/28/2005  7:06 PM
Posted by teslawlo:
Posted by Bonn1997:

unfortunately, briggs happens to be the only one to speak portuguese/spanish
good one!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/28/2005  7:41 PM
Here you go boys...

Without guarantees of Top 5, Splitter must take off its name of the Draft again
Postado in Wednesday, April 27 @ 11:06:23 BRST
Topic: Articles
for Guillermo Tadeu de Paula
Publisher of the Draft Brazil

While the Brazilian Tiago Splitter gives show in the Europe, which is argued in the embroidery frames will be the future of the most promising talent of basquete Brazilian.

Therefore on sources to the way guarantee that the following one will happen:

With one it fines astronomical suit to annul, the Brazilian one only must go to the Madison Square Garden to wait one bonezinho of a surmounting of the NBA will have guarantees that it will be chosen in top 5.

It is known that the Tau Ceramics does not like to liberate its players for the NBA (who is that it likes) e when it liberates, only makes it for absurd amounts: it is speculated on in the way that Nocioni was set free for the Bulls for 8 million dollar and that Scola will be set free for the Spurs in the next season for 12.

Losing the two Argentines, the great reference of the team is being Tiago Splitter (to the side of Arvydas Macijauskas). Nowadays, is player that more collaborates when it comes of the bank, and is basic part in the two competitions that the Tau longs for to be successful in this end of season: the Euroliga (they are in the Four End) and Liga ACB (they are leader of the competition).

For being favourite in Liga ACB, the Tau Ceramics never daily pay-draft in June would liberate Splitter for workouts, month where they happen playoffs of the championship.

Making a reasoning exercise, we conclude that, Splitter to be in draft of the NBA its necessary team to be eliminated in eighth or fourth of end of Liga ACB, to travel to U.S.A., to participate and if to detach in workouts for almost one month and to receive from some of the teams listed for the five first choices, a promise of that would be draftado in TOP 5, for there yes, to be able to pay of the proper pocket so acclaimed and unknown rescissory fine.

Or - almost impossible - to continue playing in the Europe and some team that to bet that it is a new Dirk Nowitzki to exactly guarantee a high choice to it without seeing it in workouts.

In case that this does not happen (or in case that Splitter and its solicitors do not believe the guarantees of the controllers), the Brazilian one more time will remove its name of the conscription for the NBA and will continue the shining career that constructs in the Europe.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/28/2005  7:42 PM
Ain't google nice
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/29/2005  12:01 AM
ate million dollar? Twelve million dollar? For dose Two Pchlayers?

Loogs lige "euro" bullsheedt article write by bullsheet man. yes?

I still want to see Vujanic play here!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/29/2005  1:43 PM
I hope the Knicks would be willing to take a very serious, serious look at Tiago to determine whether or not he is worthy of the 8 pick. I think 8$ is so close to 5 that if we gave Tiago a guarantee--obviously it would have to be at a point where we worked everyone out, including Splitter--if Splitter came accross as the best prospect, then Id be willing to give him a lock to keep him in. Again, he would have to be a top 8 prospect, he would have to prove it. Hes not 7-3, but 7 foot is much taller than anyone we have. he needs to be thuroughly checked.
RIP Crushalot😞
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/29/2005  1:52 PM
I've never seen the guy play (Though I've heard of him for like 2 years now) but from what I understand, the guy isn't really NBA ready yet. You don't think he might need another year playing in Brazil?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/29/2005  1:52 PM
exactly and the chance of him panning out just as these other foreign 6'11/7ft SF/PF's like dirk, gasol, kirilenko have is much greater than expecting a 7'3 Euro Center who's not a clear cut #1 to be anything special when you consider Big Z has been the only noteworthy true center to come out of Europe the past 10yrs. But we've seen a bunch of great SF/PF's who would really help the Knicks come out of Europe over the years like Spitter and Vazquez. I hope Isiah gets a really good look at both of these guys especially if Bogut, Green & Taft are gone by the time we pick!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/29/2005  2:00 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I hope the Knicks would be willing to take a very serious, serious look at Tiago to determine whether or not he is worthy of the 8 pick. I think 8$ is so close to 5 that if we gave Tiago a guarantee--obviously it would have to be at a point where we worked everyone out, including Splitter--if Splitter came accross as the best prospect, then Id be willing to give him a lock to keep him in. Again, he would have to be a top 8 prospect, he would have to prove it. Hes not 7-3, but 7 foot is much taller than anyone we have. he needs to be thuroughly checked.
wanna hear a better idea? draft him at 30 and promise him top 5 money. You can do that with these guys. Can anyone think of a better way to spend the MLE? Write up the contract. Have his agent tell every other team not to bother drafting him because he will never come over as a result of his contract. If Lampe can drop so can this guy. Lampe may or may not become a player, but every mock had him top 10 and several including Ford's had him going 5 to Miami.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
USA
4/29/2005  2:07 PM
I don't know Fish, Splitter has much better footwork and shotblocking ability and the ability to score inside whereas there was always questions about Lampe's footspeed and ability to score inside. Thats why he dropped to 30. Lampe is a 6'11 jumpshooter.

I really don't think Splitter will drop to 30 for us but it would be nice

Allanfan..Splitter plays in Spain not Brasil.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 04/29/2005 14:08:34]
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/29/2005  2:08 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

No thanks. There is a reason why he pulls out of the draft every year. Teams actually begin to evaluate him and remember why he was considered overrated and he gets scare and runs off. This ain't news anymore, this is just an annual event.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/29/2005  2:10 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by BRIGGS:

wanna hear a better idea? draft him at 30 and promise him top 5 money. You can do that with these guys. Can anyone think of a better way to spend the MLE? Write up the contract. Have his agent tell every other team not to bother drafting him because he will never come over as a result of his contract. If Lampe can drop so can this guy. Lampe may or may not become a player, but every mock had him top 10 and several including Ford's had him going 5 to Miami.
excellent idea..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
4/29/2005  2:19 PM
Draft philosophy
Please take the guy that's can't miss
Avoid the projects

Upside? Potential?
The buzzwords of many drafts
Bust = buzzword as well
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
4/29/2005  2:23 PM
fish....30 is still the first round and has a salary slot that can't be avoided.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
gunsnewing
USA
4/29/2005  2:28 PM
Posted by Andrew:

fish....30 is still the first round and has a salary slot that can't be avoided.

true but we might still be able to guarantee him more money than any other team right? so he can tell the other teams to not draft him because he won't come play unless its New York
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
4/29/2005  2:29 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

true but we might still be able to guarantee him more money than any other team right? so he can tell the other teams to not draft him because he won't come play unless its New York

How?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
gunsnewing
USA
4/29/2005  2:31 PM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by gunsnewing:

How?

The full MLE like Fish said or close to full, which would be more than a rookie contract?
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
4/29/2005  2:36 PM
The 30th pick has a pre-fixed salary. All the first round picks do. The story that was posted claims that nothing after pick 5 is lucrative enough for this kid to buy out his current deal. We couldn't use the MLE on him unless he came to us through the 2nd round. If Isiah is really high on him, and the 5th pick guarantee is really required, the only move I can see is a trade with the team holding number 5.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
Tiago Splitter to pull out of draft unless guarantee in top 5

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy