[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A grown-assed man named Flip
Author Thread
MaulingandAppalling
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #884
4/28/2005  1:27 PM
Any Wolves fans on here ever watched Flip? What's his deal? Is he at least as good as JVG? I know he didn't bring KG to the finals.....
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/28/2005  3:08 PM
Flip did the best he could with an loser like McHale over him. KG never had enough talent around him until last season and they did well. Mchale screwed that up during last years off-season along with Spree and Sam's selfishness. Next year the Wolves will be a lock for the lottery because they have no good players aside from KG.

He's seen it all in Minnesota. He seems a coach that caters to his players. I remember what he did for Malik Sealy's(rest in peace) career before he passed. He might be the right one for this team right now. He is a low-maintenence, that did his job. Never made the papers on some BS.
I would welcome Flip because he seems like a New York kind of guy>
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/28/2005  3:13 PM
yeah no question about it the guy is a good coach
MaulingandAppalling
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #884
4/28/2005  3:20 PM
Would you say he is as good as JVG? That would be good enough for me at this point.
gunsnewing
USA
4/28/2005  3:29 PM
Posted by MaulingandAppalling:

Would you say he is as good as JVG? That would be good enough for me at this point.

hmmmmmmmmm
I think JVG is a little better. JVG is an amazing coach with the right team in place!

I definitely think Flip is better than Carlesimo(who wears out his welcome unlike Flip) And better than McMillian and Cheeks.

All these guys are being coveted by the Knicks with Phil Jackson at the top of the list.

I hope somehow they look at Pitino too because he may actually be the best fit for this team.

And SAY NO TO 66YR OLD LARRY BROWN who we'll have to give up a pick for!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/28/2005  3:35 PM
I so don't want Carlesimo. Sprewell, even though he himself is a jerk, proved how much of a loud mouth bung hole Carlesimo can be.

I would agree that JVG is a good coach but he needs a certain type of team. He had it right now. The missing piece right now is a player that does the dirty work like a KT, Rose, JYD, P.J. Brown type. hopefully Isiah can give them our turkey and they can throw us a bone.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/28/2005  4:22 PM
He's good but not good enough. I think this group needs someone that will impose their will on the team. Only a couple guys can do that. Jax, Riley and Larry Brown off the top of my head. Maybe Carlisle, maybe Doc Rivers but not like the first 3. So if you cant get Jax (I'm assuming the other 2 are n/a) then you just stick with Herb who you know is smart and works hard. Despite the losing and the bigcontracts, the media ect there was no BS regarding this team, and there was certainly room for plenty. Herb ran a good ship, even if they sucked.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/28/2005  4:26 PM
i agree, unless you bring in jax, riley, or brown, then stick with herb.

it's really about the talent and fit of the players more than anything right now. let's work on that aspect, then worry about who can "coach" them.
gunsnewing
USA
4/28/2005  4:33 PM
if the players truly can't respect a coach other than those big 3 they should be traded. They're not good people or good basketball players, bottomline!

I dont want players like that. I'm sure the Knicks and the fans don't either

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 04/28/2005 17:30:29]
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/28/2005  5:07 PM
its not about respect. Nobody has bickered about pt with Herb, or his sub patterns, or minutes. They all respect him, and they have all played hard (at least by their definition).

I'm just talking about one of the few elite coaches that can seemingly mold a group of guys into his image.

Riley used to drive those Heat teams to 50-55 wins every year. Part of the reason they struggled in the post season was they just werent as talented as the Knicks or some of the other teams they played. But Riley could still muscle 55 wins because he pushed them so hard.

This is all I'm talking about
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/28/2005  5:26 PM
Posted by fishmike:

He's good but not good enough. I think this group needs someone that will impose their will on the team. Only a couple guys can do that. Jax, Riley and Larry Brown off the top of my head. Maybe Carlisle, maybe Doc Rivers but not like the first 3. So if you cant get Jax (I'm assuming the other 2 are n/a) then you just stick with Herb who you know is smart and works hard. Despite the losing and the bigcontracts, the media ect there was no BS regarding this team, and there was certainly room for plenty. Herb ran a good ship, even if they sucked.

you & i have been in agreement over this from the start fish...there's really no point in going after a 2nd tier level coach w/o severely upgrading the roster first...only an elite level coach will have any noticeable impact on this sorry collection of losers...otherwise, stick w/Herb & ride out the storm, cuz you're in for a long, bumpy ride folks, & Flip Saunders or PJ Carlessimo ain't gonna cut it.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
USA
4/28/2005  5:33 PM
if we're going to stick with anyone I rather have Isiah coach and get a different GM or let Steve Mills handle GM duties. And Isiah wants to coach. There is no better transitional coach for this team than Isiah except Pitino, since he'll coach and develop the players he drafted.
A grown-assed man named Flip

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy