[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who will the Knicks draft?
Author Thread
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
4/28/2005  1:14 PM
I'd like to see Warrick on the Knicks, personally. Even just his name...Reminds me of Ewing...the word Warrick....WARRIOR.
AUTOADVERT
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
4/28/2005  1:16 PM
And I'm asking for actual possible picks...I don't wanna hear Green and Bogut.
MaulingandAppalling
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #884
4/28/2005  1:25 PM
Isiah might take Webster with the 7.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/28/2005  1:28 PM
Taft
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/28/2005  1:42 PM
Petro, Acakaaaasdkackus (big russian) or Green.
The true Knickabocker..........
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/28/2005  1:45 PM
i've wanted Warrick since last year...i've always said he's the type of player that would appeal to Isiah's vision.

if not Warrick, i'd be fine w/a guy like Simien too...basically, i want a guy who plays tough, w/athleticism & can block shots.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/28/2005  1:47 PM
Taft, Petro, Splitter, Vasquez.

1. Taft
then whoever else of those 3
diderotn
USA
4/28/2005  1:51 PM
None of the players above are no taller than Kurt Thomas and Sweetney. Why in the world must we draft a PF or someone who is smaller or equal to what we already have??? we need to draft big, keep that in your minds, we can always find a guard in the FA market, and most of all, we have next season to go after many more guards. When you have a disease, you try to treat it. You can't have a tooth ache and try to cure a head-ache instead. the front court needs a 6'11"/7' that can do what one of our PF is doing right now + block shots

Posted by TMS:

i've wanted Warrick since last year...i've always said he's the type of player that would appeal to Isiah's vision.

if not Warrick, i'd be fine w/a guy like Simien too...basically, i want a guy who plays tough, w/athleticism & can block shots.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/28/2005  2:00 PM
None of the players above are no taller than Kurt Thomas and Sweetney. Why in the world must we draft a PF or someone who is smaller or equal to what we already have???

so what dude? they're 100 times more athletic than any of the slow-footed vets on this roster...Kenyon Martin is about the same height as KT & Sweetney too...so is Boozer...so is Ben Wallace...guess what? i'd rather have all 3 of those guys over any of the bigmen we currently have...that's the type of player that's missing on this roster, & that's the type of player i would hope someone like Warrick or Simien would turn into someday.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
USA
4/28/2005  2:05 PM
I agree, but everyone of the names that you have mentioned have a 6'11"/7' behind them. Kenyon has two of the Knicks explayers or centers to protect his back....We don't
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/28/2005  2:14 PM
Chris Taft is 6'10 and Guns mentioned him. He's a athletic big with an offensive game. I'll take that over Kurt and Sweets.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Masterplan
Member: #362
4/28/2005  2:22 PM
i agree athleticism is what makes up for those guys lack of height. but we all have to remember, you draft the best player available and then worry about what you need. forgetting that is how we end up with fred wies.

i would be happy coming out of the draft with warrick. he basically replaces TT as a big SF, except he'd probably do a better job sliding over to the PF and as an athletic help defender than gazy. man, we'd have a sick running team if we play crawford, ariza, warrick at the same time. so yeah, i definitely wouldn't mind warrick at all, not sure if we'd be able to do signiicantly better than that.

i'm not sure we really need to go that big with our first pick. i feel like even 7 footers taken much higher than we currently are don't guarantee anything. there's yao, and then there's darko and skita, and guys like kaman in between. i'd be happy scooping up an athletic 7' dude in the mid-late first round and giving him a small role coming in off the bench. if he turns out to be like dalembert or hunter, that's great.

[Edited by - Masterplan on 04/28/2005 14:23:08]

[Edited by - Masterplan on 04/28/2005 14:41:13]
gunsnewing
USA
4/28/2005  2:28 PM
Posted by Masterplan:

i agree athleticism is what makes up for those guys lack of height. but we all have to remember, you draft the best player available and then worry about what you need. forgetting that is how we end up with fred wies.

i would be happy coming out of the draft with warrick. he basically replaces TT as a big SF, except he'd probably do a better job sliding over to the PF and as an athletic help defender than gazy. man, we'd have a sick running team if we play crawford, ariza, warrick at the same time. so yeah, i definitely wouldn't mind warrick at all, not sure if we'd be able to do signiicantly better than that.

i'm not sure we really need to go that bid with our first pick. i feel like even 7 footers taken much higher than we currently are don't guarantee anything. there's yao, and then there's darko and skita, and guys like kaman in between. i'd be happy scooping up an athletic 7' dude in the mid-late first round and giving him a small role coming in off the bench. if he turns out to be like dalembert or hunter, that's great.

[Edited by - Masterplan on 04/28/2005 14:23:08]

great post! my exact feeling on drafting unproven 7 footers in the lottery instead of later in the draft
diderotn
USA
4/28/2005  2:44 PM
I don't care about the mistakes that we've made in the past, I.E. Weis, etc, we have to draft big. Isiah will be crucified by the media if passed on a big man like the young Russian to draft a freaking PF. Now, if he decides to trade Kurt and Sweetney, I will be all for drafting an athletic big or PF. We need to draft big and there is no other way around it. As far as I am concerned, Isiah needs to use all 3 picks on drafting 2 centers and a PF. Forget about Guards, we can get them through free agencies.....Although if we can get a dude like Green, I wouldn't pass on that opportunity....
Stevo718
Member: #559
4/28/2005  2:53 PM
In this draft I'd rather just draft the best player out there reguardless of position.

And make trades later.
diderotn
USA
4/28/2005  2:56 PM
Not with the years that we have just had. This team can't afford to go small, especially in this very rich draft. We have to come out with two big men, if they don't work out, at least the mesia and the fans will see that he had at least tried. Use all three picks on Centers...

Posted by Stevo718:

In this draft I'd rather just draft the best player out there reguardless of position.

And make trades later.
gunsnewing
USA
4/28/2005  2:58 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Not with the years that we have just had. This team can't afford to go small, especially in this very rich draft. We have to come out with two big men, if they don't work out, at least the mesia and the fans will see that he had at least tried. Use all three picks on Centers...

Posted by Stevo718:

And make trades later.

dude this team is not good enough to pass on the best player available!
Masterplan
4/28/2005  3:05 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by Stevo718:

And make trades later.

i honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic or really cynical. honestly, we aren't set at any position of the 5. even a good defenseive PG late in the first would be a good pickup, or an athletic PF and move or buyout the rest of the dead weight at that position. an elite swingman in the draft would be as useful to this team IMO as a big stiff with potential.

we need size, but remember our "14 1/2 feet of center" that layden drafted? lampe's a scrub, and vranes fell off the face of the earth. size is not everything. if our scouts and coaching staff think a big has what it takes, by all means do what it takes to get him. but let's not gamble away what will hopefully be our last lottery pick for a while.
diderotn
USA
4/28/2005  3:18 PM
Dudes! you can't compare Layden to Isiah. Isiah is an excellent talent evaluator. In this league there are two positions that are a must at addressing. Now if there are a Lebron, Wayde, or Carmelo out there, we can overlooked them. However, when you are building a championship team, you start with those two first: PG and Centers...Right now, we only have a talented PG. If we had a capable Center that could block shots and score, this season would have been much different. Knowing Isiah, he will draft 2 or 3 Centers and address the rest of our needs through free agency. Now answer this question for me please, will we have a better chance at drafting a potential center than finding one through free agency next season????? If you can name me a few good big men that will available at an affordable price, I am talking about MLE type of contract, please do so. Judging from what will be available, they will command $8+ millions, and they will not even be worth the price tag. We can afford to take our chances through the draft, because whomever we draft, we won't have to pay them much. See the logic behind my thinking first. I want to save the Knicks a lot of money, and get good production while doing so.
Masterplan
4/28/2005  3:27 PM
i really don't want us reaching for a center with pick #8. if the guys there are overhyped euros or lazy guys like curry, i'd just as soon address other needs and try to get a serviceable big later in the draft. i don't think we need to be fixated on getting the next shaq or yao. a slightly lesser version of dalembert (taken at #26 in a very weak draft) would be fine by me.
Who will the Knicks draft?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy