[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Another Crawford Post, Why Not?
Author Thread
MaulingandAppalling
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #884
4/28/2005  12:21 PM
OK, we all know what's wrong with Craw, but my question is, what is the problem exactly? Each of his coaches says he works hard and tries in practice, seems to want to be a baller. With his athleticism he could certainly be a good defender - we've seen him do it off and on over the year - steal passes, poke balls loose, block shots - reggie miller kind of defense (doesn't have to be physical). If he CAN do this, why doesn't he every night? Is he just lazy? Is he not the sharpest tool in the shed? what's the issue here?

I'm asking this because we shouldn't trade Craw if we can figure out what the problem is on D. I see why Isiah pursued him, it seems like he's so close to being an all-star player, but simply can't or won't turn the corner to greatness.
AUTOADVERT
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
4/28/2005  12:39 PM
He's too skinny and needs to add strength...also, he seems to be playing out of position...however, the age of the combo guard is apon us and if we can limit marbs minutes, they will be an incredible duo.

IMHO
all kool aid all the time.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/28/2005  12:42 PM
In terms of defense, he was never ever ever a defender, but he can be. He needs to build up some more muscle in that upper body so that he will no longer by the guy that everyone wants to post up on. But he just doesn't know how to play defense yet. He hasn't been in that type of environment that has stressed defense, and he isn't in one now. We preach it, but none of his teammates play, particularly the older ones, so why should be? That's the message he gets. It's good that he's surrounded by the Maliks and JYDs and KTs, but he needs a guard to play with too, who actually plays some D. He doesn't have that right now.

In terms of his offense, he is still learning and has a lot to learn. He's still has a couple of years. He's that much of a project IMHO.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/28/2005  12:43 PM
I think the problem on D is the same as the problem with his O - as Fish would say, it's between the ears. Not intelligence, but getting an aggressive attitude and staying focused. He doesn't dig in and stay dug in on D. Just like on O, where he doesn't look to consistently keep the rock moving to the iron. He's in his own world a lot.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
4/28/2005  12:48 PM
Craw is interesting, because he's a 1 on defense but a 2 on offense. I think the perfect thing for Craw would be for him to play PG with a SG who can handle the ball well and take some of the passing pressure off of him.

Someone like LeBron James comes to mind as a perfect compliment.
Another Crawford Post, Why Not?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy