[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

would you consider this coach?
Author Thread
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
4/28/2005  8:36 AM
i guess i am getting nostalgic but would any of you consider bringing back rick pitino? i know it is crazy but think about it. rick turned the knicks franchise in the late 80's to what it became in the 90's. he brought the best out of jackson and ewing. before him, ewing was strictly a defensive center with little offensive game. then ewing jumped from avg.20ppg. to a whopping 28ppg! he also taught mark jackson how to be a legit floor leader which is something he can do from marbury. his style of play with the fast break running style will fit with the players we have. the down side is that pitino is not a great defensive minded coach. the press will not work in the nba.

no, i did not forget his stint with boston but i thought he had too much responsibility. not many people have been successful as a gm and coach. he also had a string of bad luck ( injuries, losing the duncan sweepstakes, etc.). he is a coach that is strictly new york. he can handle the pressure of the city and with his ego, he would want to be successful in the nba level. what better place but new york?
AUTOADVERT
MaulingandAppalling
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #884
4/28/2005  12:17 PM
I didn't like him as an NBA coach.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/28/2005  1:05 PM
i'd be open to giving him a try if we got in a bunch of young, athletic players & got rid of the older vets.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/28/2005  1:08 PM
Posted by TMS:

i'd be open to giving him a try if we got in a bunch of young, athletic players & got rid of the older vets.

exactly he would be the perfect fit to help develope our young players at a high level.

pierce, walker, and remember how well Ron Mercer played under him?!

and he will get the most out of marbury and crawford defensively as he will force them to press and get lots of steals that lead to transition offense.

Right now I might have him at #2 behind Phil Jackson...I think Pitino would love to leave Louiville and come back to New York!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 04/28/2005 13:11:53]
would you consider this coach?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy