[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What about Bonzi Wells to the Knicks as SG????
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/28/2005  8:29 AM
This dude is only owed $8 millions for next season. Since he is not getting a lot of minutes in Memphis, is it possible for us to mount a deal to get him in N.Y? he is much better than Crawfford, offensively and defensively, and he can be our starting SG for a very cheap price. I am quite sure that Memphis would not mind getting a couple of bigs like Kurt or Malik from us......

What do you all think???
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/28/2005  8:46 AM
Posted by diderotn:

he is much better than Crawfford, offensively and defensively, and he can be our starting SG for a very cheap price. I am quite sure that Memphis would not mind getting a couple of bigs like Kurt or Malik from us......
I would take him if it can happen but Memphis doesnt need Kurt and Malik
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
diderotn
USA
4/28/2005  9:04 AM
Kurt would work really well for them, because they don't really have a center that can produce the consistant numbers that Kurt can provide. They already have a lowpost threat in Gassol, and given that Swift may go elsewhere, why not bring in the security blanket?

Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by diderotn:

he is much better than Crawfford, offensively and defensively, and he can be our starting SG for a very cheap price. I am quite sure that Memphis would not mind getting a couple of bigs like Kurt or Malik from us......
I would take him if it can happen but Memphis doesnt need Kurt and Malik
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/28/2005  9:23 AM
Add that piece of waste to the "no thanks list".
diderotn
USA
4/28/2005  10:51 AM
Add Kurt to the no thanks list also.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/28/2005  11:02 AM
why is it always"lets get this SG because he is better than crawford" I mean if Bonzi is that good then why is he not getting run over Miller who is not a good defender at all? Bonzi may be better but right now the knicks need a player like crawford who can play both PG and SG. we are thin at backup PG and craw has a lot of value there. We devalue our players so much now, that we are talking about major retreads like Bonzi and his 8 mil price tag.. sheesh!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
4/28/2005  12:16 PM
Bonzi is an exciting player, but his game is incomplete and if he came here, we'd be asking for a trade after 2 games.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
4/28/2005  12:17 PM
good point.
all kool aid all the time.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/28/2005  12:47 PM
Posted by tkf:

why is it always"lets get this SG because he is better than crawford" I mean if Bonzi is that good then why is he not getting run over Miller who is not a good defender at all?

Mike Miller is a pure shooter. Bonzi is not. Miller can shoot from any and everywhere really well, thats why.

Bonzi may be better but right now the knicks need a player like crawford who can play both PG and SG. we are thin at backup PG and craw has a lot of value there. We devalue our players so much now, that we are talking about major retreads like Bonzi and his 8 mil price tag.. sheesh!!
Bonzi would be great for us and we could let Craw be our 6th man combo guard. It wasn't about trading Craw for Bonzi, it was about ading him to our mix and starting him at the 2.

Bonzi could be a useful addition to our squad.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/28/2005  1:07 PM
Bonzi is a good choice if you want to hold onto slow footed guys like KT & build a half court style team...if the aim is to go athletic run & gun, then i'm much more comfortable sticking w/Craw as the starting SG.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
4/28/2005  2:38 PM
The guy I want is Joe Johnson but i doubt that will happen
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/28/2005  2:53 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Add that piece of waste to the "no thanks list".

Why is he piece of waste? What do you consider Posey?

Bonzi Wells was hurt all year. Miller wasn't hurt like Bonzi. In order to bump a guy out the starting line-up you have to be healthy.

Fratello has a clear need for power fwd. Stromile won't be back.....They also have too many swing men that do the same thing. Bonzi would give the Knicks another legit ball player that goes to the boards.

Timmy and Penny could easily be bought out then because Bonzi could play the 3/2 with no problem....when healthy. He is now.....I would love him in New York.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Killa4luv
USA
4/28/2005  9:10 PM
Posted by TMS:

Bonzi is a good choice if you want to hold onto slow footed guys like KT & build a half court style team...if the aim is to go athletic run & gun, then i'm much more comfortable sticking w/Craw as the starting SG.
Totally totally disagree. He can play in both styles well. He plays good d, and is a good shooter as well. Not to mention he is atheletic.

We are not gonna be the suns, nets. That shouldn't be our style of play, imo, because those teams do not win Championships. We should be able to run with anyone and run when we should, but I dont really like that as a predominant style, I think it should be halfcourt.

Either way I think Craw can adapt, and I think Bonzi is already well-suited to play both styles.

OldFan
Member: #446
4/28/2005  11:35 PM
Posted by diderotn:

This dude is only owed $8 millions for next season. Since he is not getting a lot of minutes in Memphis, is it possible for us to mount a deal to get him in N.Y? he is much better than Crawfford, offensively and defensively, and he can be our starting SG for a very cheap price. I am quite sure that Memphis would not mind getting a couple of bigs like Kurt or Malik from us......

What do you all think???

Yeah - just what we need another headcase to drive our next head coach crazy. Maybe we can get John Rocker to play backup point...
Killa4luv
USA
4/29/2005  1:11 AM
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by diderotn:

What do you all think???

Yeah - just what we need another headcase to drive our next head coach crazy. Maybe we can get John Rocker to play backup point...
If a player can drive a coach crazy that is not the kind of coach I want on my team. I want a coach that can handle guys and develop a system for guys to play well in.
diderotn
USA
4/29/2005  7:53 AM
Exactly. I would much rather have Bonzi in my team than TT or Crawfford. Bonzi will post you up and shoot the J at a very high percentage. Unlike Crawff, he knows his limit.
OldFan
Member: #446
4/29/2005  9:12 AM

[/quote]

[/quote]
If a player can drive a coach crazy that is not the kind of coach I want on my team. I want a coach that can handle guys and develop a system for guys to play well in.
[/quote]

Smart orginization don't have team full of difficult players. Why do you think the Knicks got rid of Mason. Any coach is going to have problems if there are too many difficult players on the team. As I've said in other posts the head coach doesn't have a lot of leverage. It is a combination of influencing the players who you can influence and getting rid of the ones you can't - no one can work with everyone.
What about Bonzi Wells to the Knicks as SG????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy