[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I hope people have been watching Hinrich...
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/28/2005  7:44 AM
played mostly 2 guard in school
not big
not overly athletic
plays great D
plays with a chip on his shoulder
mentally tough
leader
not a 'sexy' prospect
great NBA player

Its easy to write off guys like Warrick and Felton because we have a PG or one's a tweener but this draft should really be about the future and this franchise desperatly needs a guy that plays tough between the ears.

To me he's the guy that really turned that team around. Chandler still loafs unless things are going his way. Curry is out. Gordon is great but Kirk is the glue to that team. Duhon is good too.. kind of a poor man's Hinrich.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/28/2005  9:10 AM
Fish, I have, did you read my post about a week ago on hinrich? I really like this kid. The thing about him is that he shoots about 40% from the field,not great, but he seems to hit a ton of shots when it counts, he plays like he always has something to prove. His flaws like his average passing skills are somewhat hidden because he does so many other things.. This is why I think a guy like Warrick, who won on the college level, who plays with a attitude, and who has a level of maturity will be a good pick in the draft... The same goes with felton..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
4/28/2005  9:21 AM
I would take that guy any day of the week over Marbury......he isn't going to be paid over 10 million and he gets the job done and is a winner.....

The best thing that team ever did was get rid of Crawford and get added cap space.....love he and Ben Gordon

Please Marbury lovers jump on me because you are ignorant, it takes more than talent to win, and if your all about a chip on the soldier you tend to lose sight of whats important victories
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/28/2005  9:27 AM
Posted by MS:

I would take that guy any day of the week over Marbury......he isn't going to be paid over 10 million and he gets the job done and is a winner.....

The best thing that team ever did was get rid of Crawford and get added cap space.....love he and Ben Gordon

Please Marbury lovers jump on me because you are ignorant, it takes more than talent to win, and if your all about a chip on the soldier you tend to lose sight of whats important victories

I am a marbury supporter, but as you see I like hinrich also, does that make me ignorant? Talent wins, but it does take more. I think crawford will be fine, I like the bulls backcourt, my only problem is having a backcourt that small, Gordon is 6'0 at best and he is not a good defender. The bulls are having a fine season but lets not go overboard, we don't have to bash marbs and crawford to give the bulls props...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/28/2005  2:56 PM
when kirk was at KU i knew he was going to be good - he's a workman like stockton
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/28/2005  3:28 PM
I sure didn't like Hinrich coming out of Kansas. He is showing stuff he just didn't show in college....no one can truly say they knew he would be the player he is now.

There is no reason to cheap shot Marbs. Aside from this year....when did Houston ever win anything where he deserves the money he is getting. Houston has always been a one dimentional bum. You wanna talk loser that is your biggest one right there.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
USA
4/28/2005  3:58 PM
I consider Marbury and elite player and the only real asset on the roster we have. Yes, we have some other talented guys but each one has their own set of drawbacks. Marbury doesnt really have any. He's a max player. He's in his prime. He doesnt complain. He never misses games.

I'm not looking to move him for the sake of moving him. I do think we are 2-3 years away from having a real team assuming we commit to adding young players and using the draft and we do that well.
fishmike
USA
4/28/2005  4:02 PM
on that note if Arenas and Hughes, Hinrich and Duhon, Francis and Nelson, Miller and Boykins (off the top of my head) can all be deadly and extremely effective backcourts, why couldnt Marbury and Felton? Felton is tough guy, scrappy, strong and plays great D and with a chip on his shoulder.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/28/2005  4:23 PM
on a side note, i like marbury also. but i also am not sure how much longer he can go at this pace. he's strong as a bull but i remember how isiah dropped off the planet once he hit 31. i'm afraid that marbury is really the stopgap to sell tickets and that when we finally do have a "team", he's not going to be an integral part of it due to either slippage in play or injuries. i hope i'm wrong, but that's my fear.

getting back to hinrich - just look at the attitudes of those bull players. do they take that scrappy, hard working, blue collar type play from their coach, or is it already in them and these are the type of players paxson wanted on his team?

i think it's the players. only two we have like that are malik and jyd and their 10-15 min players. none of our top 6 players have that type of drive or attitude. kurt used to, but that was a long time ago. we desperately need to get that "fire" from some starters and drafting 2-3 of them this year would be a nice start. but if we start drafting some nice athletic players with potential, yet have the psyche of tim thomas, i'm afraid that it'll be more of the same...
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/28/2005  5:36 PM
Posted by fishmike:

on that note if Arenas and Hughes, Hinrich and Duhon, Francis and Nelson, Miller and Boykins (off the top of my head) can all be deadly and extremely effective backcourts, why couldnt Marbury and Felton? Felton is tough guy, scrappy, strong and plays great D and with a chip on his shoulder.

I'd prefer to add Warrick, but Felton is a player, no doubt about that. The problem is, we don't have the size, toughness in our front court to run a smaller backcourt. Chicago has Chandlder, Nocioni (don't underestimate that tough son of a gun), Davis and Curry (some nights). Washington has Haywood, Ruffin, Etan, and Kwame.

We need to get some active, tough size before we can contemplate a small back court, I would say. I think Warrick is a Stromile/Marion type guy who is tough and plays big. He's also long and has always blocked shots. I think he'd be an ideal small forward with Trevor coming off the bench, with the possibility to run both guys together at times.

If we could get Warrick with the lotto (a little high, I know) and then someone like Eric Williams or Channing Frye with the 30th pick, then address the third guard issue in FA (say Flip Saunders or Damon Stoudamire), I would be very happy. Take a project with the 53rd pick, or try to move it up to get Nate Robinson by throwing a little money at a team.

Marbury, Robinson
Jamal, Trevor
Warrick, Trevor, JYD
Sweetney, KT, Rose
Frye/Williams, KT

I'd then pursue trades with Portland or Toronto: Penny for either Jalen Rose or maybe Tim Thomas for Miles and Patterson.

Then you have athletic depth. I'd love to sign a Stephen Hunter with the MLE, but I don't know if we can afford him.
¿ △ ?
I hope people have been watching Hinrich...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy