[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Nate Robinson PG
Author Thread
MaulingandAppalling
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #884
4/27/2005  7:31 PM
Anybody like Nate as a second round pick?
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/27/2005  7:43 PM
absolutely. ive been talking him up for a year. i think hes a mini dwayne wade, i would have no problem even if we took him 30 in some circumsyances. we wont get him at 53, wed have to move up in the 2nd round, perhaps by offering 53 and $$$ to get right up to the 32-36 area.
RIP Crushalot😞
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/27/2005  10:43 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

absolutely. ive been talking him up for a year. i think hes a mini dwayne wade, i would have no problem even if we took him 30 in some circumsyances. we wont get him at 53, wed have to move up in the 2nd round, perhaps by offering 53 and $$$ to get right up to the 32-36 area.
no way that a guy 5-9 is a mini Wade. you cant be 5-9 and do the things Wade does in the NBA.
BRIGGS
4/27/2005  11:00 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

no way that a guy 5-9 is a mini Wade. you cant be 5-9 and do the things Wade does in the NBA.

thats why i called him a min dwayne wade. hes built like dwayne wade, jumps like dwayne, although nate is a better shooter and ballhandler albeit he is 5-9 185, he can dunk with his head at rim level, reverse, windmill all at 5-9
RIP Crushalot😞
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/27/2005  11:12 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Caseloads:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

thats why i called him a min dwayne wade. hes built like dwayne wade, jumps like dwayne, although nate is a better shooter and ballhandler albeit he is 5-9 185, he can dunk with his head at rim level, reverse, windmill all at 5-9

I'd rather go with Guns. Guy's a legit 5'10"
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/28/2005  7:30 AM
one thing about Nate.. people put him at PG at this level because he's small, but he's never played PG, doesnt play like a PG and doesnt really have PG skills. He's one of the best scorers in CBB and dont get me wrong... he's a spark plug and when people see him play and the speed he plays at they will say oooohhh.

Bottom line though? A 5'9 shooting guard.

Now you always hear me harping about stlye of play. If we could move around in this draft a little and come away with Petro, Warrick and Nate Robinson, trade one of our slow guys and we are on the way to an exciting uptempo team.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
4/28/2005  10:33 AM
Posted by fishmike:

one thing about Nate.. people put him at PG at this level because he's small, but he's never played PG, doesnt play like a PG and doesnt really have PG skills. He's one of the best scorers in CBB and dont get me wrong... he's a spark plug and when people see him play and the speed he plays at they will say oooohhh.

Bottom line though? A 5'9 shooting guard.

Now you always hear me harping about stlye of play. If we could move around in this draft a little and come away with Petro, Warrick and Nate Robinson, trade one of our slow guys and we are on the way to an exciting uptempo team.

Nate plays PG fine, in fact he was much improved this year. He's got a very nice handle, he's quick and strong with the ball. he's actually a very good rebounder--would trump any guard we have had in the last several years in the reb dept per minute played. In the NBA, he will be exciting reb and pushing it--i think he stays in seattle as a back up to ridnour anyway. He's good theatre
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/28/2005  10:39 AM
great theatre and in the open court will score everytime. Handling the ball in CBB and running an NBA offense are pretty far apart, so agree to disagree there.

I would bet NR is on Isiah's radar. Lets face it.. he loves small fast guys.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/28/2005  10:44 AM
If he is like Boykins, I would consider getting this dude if anyone else don't draft him...

Posted by fishmike:

great theatre and in the open court will score everytime. Handling the ball in CBB and running an NBA offense are pretty far apart, so agree to disagree there.

The true Knickabocker..........
BRIGGS
4/28/2005  11:20 AM
Posted by diderotn:

If he is like Boykins, I would consider getting this dude if anyone else don't draft him...

Posted by fishmike:

you can see clearly that he moved towards the PG with his numbers this year, but that did not effect his rebounding his high FG% or anything else. His TO ratio is low and he is stealing 2 balls a game and he gets in your grill with his strength on the D

he is a min dwayne wade--hes the best athlete in the draft, hes built like a tank and has superior basketball skill.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=11304
RIP Crushalot😞
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
4/28/2005  12:15 PM
Hey - would you take Nate at 30?
Nate Robinson PG

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy