[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is Marbury even a top 10 guard?
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/27/2005  1:53 PM
Dwayde is a great player, but he has Shaq. do you realize how much room Wayde to operates when he has the ball? This year Marburry did disappoint me a little by passing up on shots that I believe that he should have taken. If there is anything, I think that Marburry wasn't selfish enough. He should have taken all of the last shots, but he did the contrary. The year when he was with Phoenix, he took and made a lot of those clutch shots, because teams had to guard the Metrix and Amare.

Posted by MS:

I am sorry did you just say Marbury is better than D-Wade, not even close, D-Wade is a better defender, rebounder, scorer, and is much more clutch

Marbury is not even close to distinguishing himself as a player when the game is on the line, he was responsible for a number of loser due to bad decision making, and missed free throws....

If we are doing PG's Wade, Kidd, Iverson all play the position and all are better, Nash gets his team involved and raises the shooting %

Marbury doesn't bring it every night, he brings it offensively every night and didn't make a commitment to defense, if he is the leader he needs to call people out and let them know he and the team will not except Crawford, TT, himself included not boxin out, not hustling to get back into the play, being careless with the ball, it starts from the top
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
MS
Member: #724
4/27/2005  2:05 PM
He has already won a playoff series and they took a couple of games of indy, and he makes the big shot
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/27/2005  2:11 PM
Don't compare the Knicks to the Heat at all. Even last season before Shaq's arrival, they were much better trained, conditioned, and they had many more better players than us.....Wade is a great player, but He and Marburry are neck and neck. I want to see how good Wayde is with the current Knicks' roster with Herb or Lenny as the coach...
Posted by MS:

He has already won a playoff series and they took a couple of games of indy, and he makes the big shot
The true Knickabocker..........
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/27/2005  2:29 PM
Posted by MS:

Marbury will take the blame no matter what. It is sicking. You want hte guy to pass the ball first and get his teammates involve. Then you want him to make all clutch shots because his teammates are capable. BTW, Marbury has made clutch shots before and did so during the season.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/27/2005  2:38 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by MS:

Marbury will take the blame no matter what. It is sicking. You want hte guy to pass the ball first and get his teammates involve. Then you want him to make all clutch shots because his teammates are capable. BTW, Marbury has made clutch shots before and did so during the season.

It is sickening, and BTW. Nash is constantly criticized as not being a good defensive player at all, so why is that such a fatal flaw with marbury now... And as far as Nash increasing his teamates shooting %, how is that? did you look at Q, richardson's shooting percentage? It is not that much different from crawfords..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
MS
Member: #724
4/27/2005  2:48 PM
Q takes threes all game long, i am looking at Amare 10% when nash plays

When did Marbury make a clutch shot that meant something against a good team, there were at least 10 close games where he chocked and made bonehead plays.....

How about the Lakers game when with 40 seconds remaining he throws a full court pass that gets picked off
The Clippers in LA three turnovers in a row in the fourth capping a -rally and a lost
The Bulls game where he played Patty cake with crawford
The Heat game where he missed a free throw to ice it
The Sacto game when Penny had the worst stretch maybe ever but Marbury gives him the balll instead of goin himself
Atlanta at home

I could go on all night....to many to remember
Playoffs last year against the Nets perfect example up 6 with three to play, he takes an ill-advised three...air ball, very next possession comes down and does the same and the knicks lose

So he made one shot in the playoffs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/27/2005  3:07 PM
Posted by MS:

You could make the case that ever player listed below is a better player than Stephon

Wade
Vince
Kidd
Pierce
Kobe
Iverson
Lebron
Allen
Nash
T-Mac
Arenas

I seem to remember Isiah saying when you have the opportunity to go out and get a top 10 player you do it? Which seems to be pretty interesting because Marbury might not even be one of the 20 best players in the league. He may even be in the 24-28 range

i agree w/all those except i put Marbury on the same level as Ray Allen & Paul Pierce...Arenas is on the same level as Mike Bibby & Chauncey Billups imho...just a tad under that 2nd tier that Marbury is in.

[Edited by - TMS on 04/27/2005 15:10:19]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
iGotNext
Member: #592
USA
4/27/2005  5:59 PM
I like Marbs, a homegrown kid, great scorer, and above avg point, but the argument that he has yet to be sorrounded with just the right compliment of players holds as much water as a sieve. Granted, his co-stars here in NY have been few...but he has played with some of the best players in the league, who all seem just to "miss shots" when he passes them the ball...hmmm. Guess he'll never be surrounded by a greater cast of stars that compliment him then that "Dream Team" that got there ***es handed to them in the olympics, but I forgot, that is the international style game, they didn't have much time together, etc, etc, etc.

NO MATTER HOW, you went to spin it, the proof is in the pudding.

The first overhaul re: Mr Starbury is his "ego". Everyone can chnage. Excuses aren't going to make the Knicks a winner, subtracting Marbury will....just see the record of every team that has traded him the year after his departure.

As much as I hate to say this because I really wanted Marbs to succeed as a Knick and exorcise his futility at helping his teams excel in the post season, it ain't gonna happen. We need to trade him. ASAP.
I have a new name for my beloved Brickerbockers, the "Apple turnovers"
Is Marbury even a top 10 guard?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy