[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I just want to see how many people would be happy with this move
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/26/2005  9:11 PM
Tim Thomas + pick 8 to Clev for BIG Z signed to a new 5 year 68mm$ contract S+T transaction. Big Z will be 30 before the season starts.

My vote=NO

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
4/26/2005  9:25 PM
HELL NO!
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
BRIGGS
4/26/2005  9:37 PM
Posted by kam77:

HELL NO!
personally, I don't see any teams giving him big money, to much of a health risk. I would be willing to give him the full MLE at 6 yrs 40mm. You see he's unrestricted and the teams that have $$$ arent going to want to commit to BIG Z with his risk for 70mm$ when there is possibilities of guys like Swift Dalembart Curry Brown Chandler Allen Joe Johnson Larry Hughes etc.. etc.. the younger up tempo teams wont pay him.

if its a choice of places to live and fairly comparabvle money--he would choose NY, he just about said so. I know he expects to get huge money, but I dont see teams stepping up for that type of loot.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/26/2005  9:37 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Tim Thomas + pick 8 to Clev for BIG Z signed to a new 5 year 68mm$ contract S+T transaction. Big Z will be 30 before the season starts.

My vote=NO
No;
like I said on the other thread, I'd trade down our lottery pick for Cleveland's if we were getting Big Z or I'd give up both our late 1st rd picks acquired in the Nazy deal, but the deal described above is more than I'd give up. I'd rather sign a C like Steven Hunter with the MLE.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 04/26/2005 21:50:03]
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
4/26/2005  9:38 PM
Bobby Simmons is my first choice for the MLE.
But i don't disagree in signing Z, i wouldn't trade assets for him though. Unless they'll take Penny.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
Bonn1997
USA
4/26/2005  9:40 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by kam77:

HELL NO!
personally, I don't see any teams giving him big money, to much of a health risk. I would be willing to give him the full MLE at 6 yrs 40mm. You see he's unrestricted and the teams that have $$$ arent going to want to commit to BIG Z with his risk for 70mm$ when there is possibilities of guys like Swift Dalembart Curry Brown Chandler Allen Joe Johnson Larry Hughes etc.. etc.. the younger up tempo teams wont pay him.

if its a choice of places to live and fairly comparabvle money--he would choose NY, he just about said so. I know he expects to get huge money, but I dont see teams stepping up for that type of loot.
Big men like Adonal Foyle get the MLE. Even if Cleveland's new GM is dumber than Paxson, he'll still beat an MLE offer for an all-star center. Forget how Big Z performs relative to his salary in the latter years of his contract; They've got to have as strong a team as possible two seasons in order to convince Lebron to re-sign with them. Losing Lebron would be more costly than any amount they pay Big Z even if he never played a game in the latter years of his contract.

BTW, after the last 3 years, it's probably time to stop calling Big Z an injury risk.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 04/26/2005 21:52:14]
BRIGGS
4/26/2005  9:59 PM
Posted by kam77:

Bobby Simmons is my first choice for the MLE.
But i don't disagree in signing Z, i wouldn't trade assets for him though. Unless they'll take Penny.
Clippers want to resign Simmons and he likes it there so I would say we would be on the outside looking in, probably behind a few teams.

Big Z may be different because he is actually married to a model from NY and wants to move to NY. I don't see any club willing to give him a max deal[no way they will be able to get insurance coverage] so either he is looking at something like 3 years 8-10mm from Clev, or if they go in a different direction, he has to find a team under the cap willing to give that type of contract out without insurance, he wont find one. There is always sign and trade, but Clev holds command there. Its not likely that they would be willing to do any deals involving the draft because they loose out on FA.
RIP Crushalot😞
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
4/26/2005  10:56 PM
I don't want Z for free.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/26/2005  11:16 PM
forget Z & get a young, athletic C like Kwame or Stro
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/26/2005  11:21 PM
HELL NO!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/27/2005  3:24 AM
There are teams that would do it. Dallas is probably at the top of the list. Hell, Houston might do it and have some twin towers stuff popping off. Detroit could do it and trade sheed and have Big ben at PF. I think teams like them would and should do it, because it puts them over the top. For us, it just puts us in the playoff race and it still puts our slalry at a ridiculous place. We'd be better no doubt, but would it help us long-term, that depends on our draft. If we draft projects, and they benefit, from it I would say yes.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/27/2005  7:21 AM
God no. Z can score, and I dont see much else. Look at that team and try to figure out why they arent that good, and I think Z doesnt fit in their style of play. He's not a good defender. Isnt that mobile and while he blocks shots doesnt really intimidate (kind of like a Raef). 30 and a health risk. Hell... I would rather give Dalembert that money (WAY overpaying) and try like hell to move up and draft Warrick.

Big Z just strikes me as a Layden guy
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/27/2005  8:01 AM
I like big Z, but the only player or expiring contract that I would t trade for him is a combo of Penny and Kurt. As a matter of fact, it would be in their advantage to get Penny off of our hands, because his contract will expire at the end of next season. Z and a draft pick for Kurt and Penny is a good deal for both teams.
The true Knickabocker..........
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
4/27/2005  8:53 AM
It would depend on who IT is bringing in as coach, but this is not a horrible suggestion. I would probably say no, not because Z is slow, that's true but is not the problem with Cleveland, but because we can't risk losing another draft pick to trade for a big man with a history of injuries. If Z were to stay healthy for 5 years, I'd do it, but it's not really worth the risk for the 8th. It's worth the risk for the 30th plus TT or even KT for that matter.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/27/2005  8:54 AM
Kurt had all kinds of bad foot and ankle problems until he came here. since then he has been a rock.

At the right price, Z is ok. But not for any lotto pick.

Unless thats who Phil wants!
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
4/27/2005  8:58 AM
KT is a phenomenon for achieving that - it's not the norm dude. Plus, I think that KT actually hurts the Knicks because he doesn't score in the paint, which means that none of the opposing bigs are in foul trouble in the second half, so they get aggressive and shut us down. With Z, the opposing bigs get in foul trouble early, which changes the games for the guards in the fourth.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/27/2005  12:59 PM
BTW, Darko looks lost on the court even in garbage time. This guy ain't worth our 8th pick or any other team's first round pick. Ham was the best player for Detriot in garbage time. That was the 4th time I seen Darko in action and it looks like he regress everytime. LOL, are the Pistons trying to hide him from other NBA scouts like the Euroleague does. The best thing he had going last night was that shove contest he had with Marc Jackson.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Bonn1997
USA
4/27/2005  2:55 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Kurt had all kinds of bad foot and ankle problems until he came here. since then he has been a rock.

At the right price, Z is ok. But not for any lotto pick.

Unless thats who Phil wants!
I agree with all of that. The lottery pick is too much to give up (unless Cleveland is trading their lower pick back to us), but at a lower price I'd add Big Z. How many 80 game seasons does he have to have before people stop calling him a huge injury risk? Like Nalod said, Kurt used to be an injury risk too but he's shown that he's now a durable player.

Look at that team and try to figure out why they arent that good, and I think Z doesnt fit in their style of play.
Well, I think it's much more complicated than just Big Z. They actually were pretty good for 3 quarters of the year. Big Z is probably a little overrated, though still a good player. Drew Gooden is also quiet overrated as his defense is pretty poor. I think your style of play comment may be reasonable, but I think we have differing views of the style the Knicks should develop. Marbury is SO good in the halfcourt offense that I want the team to get guys who can play well in the halfcourt offense, which Big Z definitely can. I really want to get one back to the basket player this offseason because he'd work perfectly with Marbury. Unless you plan to trade Marbury, I don't see an uptempo game being the best path to take.
I just want to see how many people would be happy with this move

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy