11.0 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 0.9 apg in 30.6 minutes

and Milwaukee's Lotto pick.

Milwaukees Strting lineup would be:
Crawford
Redd
Mason
Pachulia
Gadzuric

This is a better team than they had last year and they should be able to make some noise with this young atheletic and exciting lineup. Milwaukee has had issues as far as selling tickets are concerned and it isn't likely that the player they draft will help them much in terms of wins or sales. Crawford is an exciting player who can do that. Not only that but they would have a solid young core to develop.

We would be able to draft twice high in the lotto. We would be able to address our most pressing needs which is abundant in this years draft.
AUTOADVERT
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
4/26/2005  8:03 PM
I don't think this year's draft is the one to go gaga over.. I still don't know why people hate Crawford like he is the plague. Here is a 25 year old explosive playmaker who is averaging 18 ppg, 4-5 apg... is there something wrong with that? His defense? Shot selection? Tell me a 30 year old Crawford in a couple of years will play exactly the same as he does right now... obviously not! Just as Houston matured from worst defensive player of the year to somewhat average defender, Crawford will very likely do the same. I think Jamal is very underrated at this point, and if you want to trade him, do it when his value is HIGH.
http://allknicks.com
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
4/26/2005  9:30 PM
I agree; why trade Crawford for something like that now?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/26/2005  9:42 PM
I don't think anyone here is hating Crawford. He has both wonderful strengths and huge flaws. He's improved a little but he's still giving up more points than he scores. I'd definitely give him up for a mid lottery pick.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/26/2005  10:02 PM
Posted by matt:

Crawford played much better at the end of the year, not on the D, but his offensive floor game. We have no guards, why would we trade Crawford for another older PF?
RIP Crushalot😞
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
4/26/2005  10:16 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by matt:

Crawford played much better at the end of the year, not on the D, but his offensive floor game. We have no guards, why would we trade Crawford for another older PF?

Because, at 6 we could take gerald green or martell webster and then take a big at 8. or, we could try and trade our 6 and 8 for the #1 - im pretty sure if charlotte wins it theyd be open to that, considering they wouldnt be taking bogut with okafor, and the talent they could get at 6 and 8 would help them out a lot. i think atlanta and new orleans would listen too...teams that bad could use two early-mid lottery picks. i'd love it if isiah could pull that off but i don't know if crawford is regarded that highly - don't you think milwaukee would rather try to get a guy like chris paul or deron williams, or maybe felton to play the point?
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/26/2005  10:22 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by matt:

i didnt see the part about the lotto pick. I would say Milwaukee would not do it because of their finances+ they will have their pick, em of pGs or big men at 6. they dont need Green with mason and Redd, but they could use felton
RIP Crushalot😞
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/27/2005  3:19 AM
Posted by nyballer:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by matt:

Because, at 6 we could take gerald green or martell webster and then take a big at 8. or, we could try and trade our 6 and 8 for the #1 - im pretty sure if charlotte wins it theyd be open to that, considering they wouldnt be taking bogut with okafor, and the talent they could get at 6 and 8 would help them out a lot. i think atlanta and new orleans would listen too...teams that bad could use two early-mid lottery picks. i'd love it if isiah could pull that off but i don't know if crawford is regarded that highly - don't you think milwaukee would rather try to get a guy like chris paul or deron williams, or maybe felton to play the point?
the thing we bank on is:
Crawford can score 17-18 ppg now! Thes guys in the draft are not guaranteed to score even 12 ppg ever in their careers. All we need is size and atheleticism, we don't need big points from a big man, we need shotblocking, rebounds and dunking. that would be enough to take us to another level. When you think about it, thats all dalembert and Gadzuric can do. This isn't a good draft for guards, its a good draft for bigs.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/27/2005  7:12 AM
I would trade Crawfford in a heart beat for an earlier draft pick and an old player like Joe Smith. Crawfford is not a star. Look at Gordon in Chicago....Oh, didn't he replace Crawfford???
The true Knickabocker..........
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
4/27/2005  8:56 AM
Mil would never do this trade man, are you nuts? Craw's stock is low right now - might be better to trade someone with high stock like KT, and wait until Craw puts together something resembling a decent season and then trade him.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/27/2005  9:10 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I would trade Crawfford in a heart beat for an earlier draft pick and an old player like Joe Smith. Crawfford is not a star. Look at Gordon in Chicago....Oh, didn't he replace Crawfford???

Very good point about Gordon. Chicago would not be where they are now if Crawford was still on that team. YOU HAVE TO PLAY DEFENSE and we all know that Jamal doesn't do that. With that being said, I'm up in the air on the trade you proposed, I'd wait until draftday to see who is off the board and who is still left on it after 5 picks before I made that trade.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
diderotn
USA
4/27/2005  9:17 AM
One thing is for sure, both Craw and Marburry have had more than 10 coaches between the 2, and each and everytime, Crawfford in particular, has been criticized for poor defensive habbits and poor shot selection. At this point, I don't think that this kid can be changed. Forget about the fact that he still young and can score 50 points at times, but does he have the fundamentals necessary to be a good player in this league? Gordon came in and showed that, Iguodala showed that, and many other rookies from last year's draft have proven that they can play right away in this league, but why is it taking Crawfford more than five coaches and two teams if not more? He is cheap and just like TT, he will be looked upon as a young player with lots of potentials. Now is the time trade him..

Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by diderotn:

Very good point about Gordon. Chicago would not be where they are now if Crawford was still on that team. YOU HAVE TO PLAY DEFENSE and we all know that Jamal doesn't do that. With that being said, I'm up in the air on the trade you proposed, I'd wait until draftday to see who is off the board and who is still left on it after 5 picks before I made that trade.
MS
Member: #724
4/27/2005  10:09 AM
He is a loser plain and simple, he was with the bulls they were terrible, he came to the knicks and they went from mediocore to terrible

He doesn't play defense, can't play within an offense 85% of the shots he takes are bad shots, he constantley fades away and hurts the flow of the game, and players that do that filter their selfishness to others....
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/27/2005  10:21 AM
Wisconsin is near Michigan, so yeah, thats a good trade.

Ny is closer to Maryland than Milwaukee, so that makes sense. Kinda still in the Mid-atlantic.

Crawford is from seattle,and Milwaukee is closer to it than NYC, so that helps too!

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
4/27/2005  10:45 AM
Damn Nalod, you are in rare form today!
~You can't run from who you are.~
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/27/2005  12:51 PM
Posted by diderotn:

that is not fair, Ben gordon was bought in to be a scorer off the bench, chicago had Crawford in a role to carry that team. Ben gordon does not play defense either and on top of that Gordon only role is to shoot, he ranks 3rd in the NBA in shots taken, that is more than Kobe, and much more than jamal. If craw was with this new chicago team and all he had to do was come off the bench and score, I am sure he would be just as effective...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Killa4luv
USA
4/27/2005  1:10 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by diderotn:

that is not fair, Ben gordon was bought in to be a scorer off the bench, chicago had Crawford in a role to carry that team. Ben gordon does not play defense either and on top of that Gordon only role is to shoot, he ranks 3rd in the NBA in shots taken, that is more than Kobe, and much more than jamal. If craw was with this new chicago team and all he had to do was come off the bench and score, I am sure he would be just as effective...
You know I think I have to agree with you. Its a better team, and Gordon is a role player, not the center piece. He's a 6th man, like many of us would like Craw to be, but our team is not deep enough for that.
Killa4luv
USA
4/27/2005  1:11 PM
But people have me wrong, I dont dislike Craw, but if we can get a decent player and a higher pick for him, it just seems like a no-brainer to me.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/27/2005  1:20 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

But people have me wrong, I dont dislike Craw, but if we can get a decent player and a higher pick for him, it just seems like a no-brainer to me.
I can feel you on that,if the pick could be used to double up with our pick and get us either Bogut or williams, i might have to agree..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
diderotn
USA
4/27/2005  1:34 PM
We have no choice but to trade Craw and Sweetney if we want to upgrade. Isiah droped the ball when he passed on the deal for Carter. With Carter, we wouldn't have to second guess the SG position, with Carter we would have a ledgit SG that would complement Marburry nicely. even if it included Jalen Rose, He should have pulled the trigger. Look a lineup of Marburry, Carter, Rose or TT, Sweetney, and Kurt is much better than Marburry, Crawf, TT, Sweetney and Kurt. Besides, Rose and Carter combined would produce a lot more than Mo Taylor and Malik rose.
Milwaukee may do this...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy