USA
4/26/2005  7:43 PM
Trade Kurt Thomas/Jamal Crawford & Pick #30
to Minnesota for Wally Szczerbiak/Fred Hoiberg & Pick #14

Draft Lottery Picks:
#8 Gerald Green 6-8 200 SG/SF High School
#14 Charlie Villanueva 6'11 240 PF UConn
#54 Pick for Cleveland

Sign and Trade with Cleveland for Zydrunas Ilgauskas offering Mike Sweetney/Tim Thomas and Pick #54 or a Future 1st rd pick in 06

Split MLE w/ backup pg and center/power forward:
Earl Watson and Mark Madsen

These moves could potentially entice Phil Jackson to coach the Knicks. It's no secret that Phil Jackson's triangle focus' on a Center and a Two Guard... Getting these two pieces would be major coups for the Jackson 2 NYK campaign

*Even If Phil doesn't coach NYK.. That would still be a heck of a team!!!

C- Ilgauskas/Madsen
PF- Rose/Villanueva/Williams (J.Y.D.)
SF- Szczerbiak/Ariza
SG- Houston(IF HEALTHY!!!)/Green/Hoiberg
PG- Marbury/Watson

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK????
Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/26/2005  7:50 PM
Green wont be there at 8 and villanueva isnt who we would pick at 14, imo. We already have tt. We need a real big, not a 7 foot swingman.

I dont know if Minny does that in the first place. It depends on what they think of Craw, but he could probably play well out there. He's kinda like Spree minus the D, with better handle, and he's a nice guy. I guess its possible.
JayNYC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #682
USA
4/26/2005  8:12 PM
Gerald Green is likely to be around at #8, he is the only one that can realistically drop based on team assessments. Portland is the only question mark, because they need a Center and a Shooting Guard... But why wouldn't we take Charlie Villanueva @ 14??? He is a young power forward, Tim Thomas is a small forward and likely would be dealt in the Big Z scenario.

But lets say Green was scooped up before #8.. somebody good is likely to drop. My draft board based on team needs would look like this:

Atlanta- Andrew Bogut
New Orleans- Marvin Williams
Charlotte- Chris Paul
Utah- Deron Williams
Portland- Gerald Green
Milwaukee- Martynas Andriuskevicuis
Toronto- Raymond Felton
New York- Chris Taft

OK, so @ #8 We grab Chris Taft 6-10 250 from Pitt by way of Brooklyn.. and #14 we go after Martell Webster 6-7 235 SG from High School or C.J. Miles 6-6 210 SG from High School... either way we have to go PF and SG in the draft. We can sign Zydrunas Ilgauskas, especially given the way he has been talking about "his offseason plans for NY housing" and wearing NY Yankee fitted caps.
Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/26/2005  8:14 PM
Posted by JayNYC:

Draft Lottery Picks:
#54 Pick for Cleveland

Sign and Trade with Cleveland for Zydrunas Ilgauskas offering Mike Sweetney/Tim Thomas and Pick #54 or a Future 1st rd pick in 06

These moves could potentially entice Phil Jackson to coach the Knicks. It's no secret that Phil Jackson's triangle focus' on a Center and a Two Guard... Getting these two pieces would be major coups for the Jackson 2 NYK campaign

C- Ilgauskas/Madsen
SF- Szczerbiak/Ariza
PG- Marbury/Watson

the draft, no. But the move for Big Z is very possible and I expect him to be a Knick, for better or quite posibly for worse. If Clev cant use its cap room the smartest move they can make is take a good player with an ending contract and try to add assets. NY will overpay for anyone, especially a 7-3, even though he is a relatively high risk. I would not even doubt that they do pick 8+ Tim Thomas for Big Z and give him the big cash. I dont expect a pick and they can say Big Z is a young C at 30 years old:>) Of course, Clev could make a killing out of the deal adding Thomas for one year to start with Lebron and drafting a stud at 8. See the papers have it right, most fans are stupid, they wil buy into anything. They will make the arguement that there was nothing at pick 8 that=BIG Z just like with Marbury.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/26/2005  9:04 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by JayNYC:

Draft Lottery Picks:
#54 Pick for Cleveland

C- Ilgauskas/Madsen
SF- Szczerbiak/Ariza
PG- Marbury/Watson

the draft, no. But the move for Big Z is very possible and I expect him to be a Knick, for better or quite posibly for worse. If Clev cant use its cap room the smartest move they can make is take a good player with an ending contract and try to add assets. NY will overpay for anyone, especially a 7-3, even though he is a relatively high risk. I would not even doubt that they do pick 8+ Tim Thomas for Big Z and give him the big cash. I dont expect a pick and they can say Big Z is a young C at 30 years old:>) Of course, Clev could make a killing out of the deal adding Thomas for one year to start with Lebron and drafting a stud at 8. See the papers have it right, most fans are stupid, they wil buy into anything. They will make the arguement that there was nothing at pick 8 that=BIG Z just like with Marbury.
I wouldn't give up the lottery pick for Big Z, but I'd give up TT and one (or even both of) the two late 1st rd picks Isiah got for Nazy. He's not that big a risk. He's averaged 80 games per season the last three years; that's outstanding durability.

----
On edit: I actually would give up our lottery pick at #8 (instead of both the late 1st rd picks) and TT if the Cavs were giving us their pick (around 14?)

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 04/26/2005 21:07:08]
MaulingandAppalling
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #884
4/27/2005  7:34 PM
I like that whole scenario, except for picking Charlie at 14, which is nuts. But everything else is great, especially picking up Hoiberg and Z. Webster might be still be around at 14.
This is what we really need to do in the Offseason/Upcoming Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy