[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

one thing from reading all this draft stuff. im convinced that pick 8
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/26/2005  5:54 PM
should be the BEST *long term* potential candidate. I have very little faith that we will play anyone, even if we have basically the same group and are losing again--very real possibility, no? I don't need pick 8 to be an impact player in year 1. I see it as a building block pick. Of course it's a no-brainer if we get into the 1-2-3 area, but if not my first and most aggresive option is to move up to 4 somehow to get Green. Id be willing to give a LOT to do it.
A guy like Danny Granger is more likely to help us now at pick 8 than anyone else, even the bigs, but I am so confused with all of the parts we have that I think the only logical decision is to go big.

To me it's a 4 man race with Splitter, Petro, Taft and Martynas A. If Isiah concludes that Martynas at 7-3, is the best long term prospect, even if it takes 2-3 years, than I trust his judgement. I do not care if pick 8 is not an impact player next year--i hope he is, but its not a pre-requisite. I think there are some people looking for year 1 miracles and I think it will take 3 YEARS to overhaul this POS. Thats why I mentioned Darko. I think Darko is ready to breakout faster to the next level than any of these players. Darko was rated well above these guys for the most part and you can see what his potential is. That being said, TMS is probably right that Joe Dumars wont give him up. Id like to see Isiah *work* the agent to force things, like what Baron--Vince et al have done. We could put Darko IMHO, into the starting C position and I think he's ready to go right now. But if not, take the best long term BIg candidate off the draft board.
There are a lot of guys I like in particular Danny Granger, Rashad Mccants and Nate Robinson myself, and there is always the possibility of trading down for multiple picks if the bIGS grade out at not good enough. I dont want a big to just get a big[although i think that wont be the case]
thats the way i see it
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/26/2005  6:49 PM
Does Darko have any post game at all to speak of?
I mean is it being developed?
Is he a shot blocker?
I'm gonna assume he can run the floor pretty quick he's like 20.
these would be my questions, because otherwise he is a 7 foot version of KT, minus the rebounding and post deefense. Which really blows.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/26/2005  11:39 PM
this is how I rank the bigs you listed Briggs:
1. Taft - will be ready to help us sooner
2. Splitter
3. Vazquez
4. Petro
5. Martynas

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 04/26/2005 23:42:29]
one thing from reading all this draft stuff. im convinced that pick 8

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy