[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The JJ that we need to trade for......
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/26/2005  1:20 PM
Jared Jefferies is a player that Isiah should strongly consider. He is everything that TT isn't, and most of all, he has the smart of a reall baller. He sees the floor nicely, and does the dirty work. He had a pretty good year with D.C. this season, and the Wizz will not be able to re-sign him, especially if they want to keep Kwame and Haywood. He is long, the proto typical SF type, and crashes the boards with regularity....You want a good deal, here is one....
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/26/2005  1:22 PM
he's what Ariza is pretty much...why do we need Jared Jefferies?

why use the MLE on a guy that we already have when our weakness is in the frontcourt? we need a shotblocker w/athleticism...Gadzuric is a much better option.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
USA
4/26/2005  1:24 PM
He is a much better player than Ariza to tell you the truth. He can handle the ball, and Ariza can't. I am not asking to trade Ariza, but with JJ, we won't have a need for a SG. Both he and Ariza can play SF, but JJ is so versatile, he can play the point also.
Posted by TMS:

why use the MLE on a guy that we already have when our weakness is in the frontcourt? we need a shotblocker w/athleticism...Gadzuric is a much better option.
TMS
USA
4/26/2005  1:28 PM
Ariza will be a better player than JJ next year...he's just about on the same level now, except JJ is a smarter player...that comes w/minutes...Ariza has alot more talent & upside imho.

JJ's a versatile player & i wouldn't mind having him, but it's not a smart move to use up the only means of signing a FA we have to us w/o addressing the obvious need for a shotblocker first.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
USA
4/26/2005  1:33 PM
JJ is a beast man. I like Ariza, but there is no way that Ariza is a better player or similar to JJ. JJ is from a very excellent program, and the Knicks is definitely lacking in that department. Tell me one player from the Knicks who is from a great program? please don't say Sweetney, because GeorgeTown has been a bad program for a while now.
Posted by TMS:

Ariza will be a better player than JJ next year...he's just about on the same level now, except JJ is a smarter player...that comes w/minutes...Ariza has alot more talent & upside imho.

JJ's a versatile player & i wouldn't mind having him, but it's not a smart move to use up the only means of signing a FA we have to us w/o addressing the obvious need for a shotblocker first.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/26/2005  1:37 PM
Posted by TMS:

yea I like JJ, I said in another thread I rather have JJ than big azz bobby simmons, but you are right ariza is 3 years younger and has more upside than JJ, we need to let ariza just develop..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
diderotn
USA
4/26/2005  1:40 PM
You have misunderstood what I am asking for. I am not asking to trade Ariza, I am simply asking to bring in JJ to complement the SF/SG position. TT will be gone by mid-season, Ariza and JJ could split time at SF, and JJ can earn time playing POINT Foward and SG..

Posted by tkf:
Posted by TMS:

yea I like JJ, I said in another thread I rather have JJ than big azz bobby simmons, but you are right ariza is 3 years younger and has more upside than JJ, we need to let ariza just develop..
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/26/2005  1:45 PM
Posted by diderotn:

He is a much better player than Ariza to tell you the truth. He can handle the ball, and Ariza can't. I am not asking to trade Ariza, but with JJ, we won't have a need for a SG. Both he and Ariza can play SF, but JJ is so versatile, he can play the point also.
Posted by TMS:

I disagree with that, Ariza use to play point while in HS. He can be use as a point forward, like Herb used him in the summer league. He has great passing ability and he can handle the ball. JJ is a real good talent but He has years over Ariza, that's all. Also, Aquire thinks Ariza is still growing too. I was impressed with Ariza defensive abilities (the best was the block on Shaq because Ariza was just helping out on a quick recovery). Ariza just needs playing time. I would like to see Aguire and Mike Malone run the summer league team this year.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/26/2005  2:06 PM
I've never seen anything from Jefferies to make me want him. I'd rather get Kwame, honestly.
¿ △ ?
diderotn
USA
4/26/2005  2:09 PM
Oh no, not Kwame......Don't over estimate the fact that this dude is from a big program...He has been in big games and believe it or not, that counts.

Posted by crzymdups:

I've never seen anything from Jefferies to make me want him. I'd rather get Kwame, honestly.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/26/2005  2:11 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Oh no, not Kwame......Don't over estimate the fact that this dude is from a big program...He has been in big games and believe it or not, that counts.

Posted by crzymdups:

isn't he from Maryland? I mean they played some big games in 02, but I'd hardly call it a good program. What have he or Wilcox done? Juan Dixon hasn't done much but he looks better than those guys right now.

edit: whoops, he's from Indiana. Eh. I don't respect Indiana anymore. North Carolina, Duke, Uconn, Arizona I respect as big time programs that teach kids how to play and get them on a good training program.

[Edited by - crzymdups on 04/26/2005 14:12:41]
¿ △ ?
diderotn
USA
4/26/2005  2:27 PM
No, he is from a different program. Dixon is from Maryland

Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by crzymdups:

isn't he from Maryland? I mean they played some big games in 02, but I'd hardly call it a good program. What have he or Wilcox done? Juan Dixon hasn't done much but he looks better than those guys right now.

edit: whoops, he's from Indiana. Eh. I don't respect Indiana anymore. North Carolina, Duke, Uconn, Arizona I respect as big time programs that teach kids how to play and get them on a good training program.

[Edited by - crzymdups on 04/26/2005 14:12:41]
TMS
USA
4/26/2005  2:44 PM
worry about getting an athletic shotblocker who can play C for us before we worry about guys like JJ...that's my point.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/26/2005  2:44 PM
Dynomite! JJ walker!

GOOD TIMES!

Thats the JJ we need!
TMS
USA
4/26/2005  2:59 PM
our #1 offseason target

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/26/2005  3:33 PM
Thanks man! You did it for me!

DYN-"O"-MITE!

HOw about a picture of the sister? Stanis was her last name.
TMS
USA
4/26/2005  4:12 PM
Thelma! she was 1 hot mama back in those days.

The JJ that we need to trade for......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy