BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/27/2005  4:00 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by tomverve:
Posted by Bonn1997:

He's a project that's probably not worth an early or mid lottery pick for the reasons Killa and others have given.

That remains to be seen, kemosabe. If he explodes and becomes a 20/10 guy, or maybe even more of a 25/8 guy, then what would you say? It's entirely within the realm of possibility. What we've seen and know of Darko right now is next to nothing. Pretty pointless to try to say right now that he's already a bust, or should have been taken much lower, etc. Judgments like that are empty words right now. There is no rational basis for firm evaluations here until we wait it out a few more years and see what happens.
I agree with everything you said. That's why I think it's a poor gamble to use a mid lottery pick on him. I didn't say it was guaranteed to work out poorly, but anyone whom we know nothing about is a bad gamble to use a mid lotter pick on.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 04/27/2005 02:47:53]

so your common sense tells you that we should just trade our pick no matter what, because we have no idea how ANY draft pick will work out.
We do have some common knowledge that Darko is 7-1250, 19 years old and did put up 16 points 5 reb 3 blocks when he got 30 minutes the other day. How many basketball players on this Earth at age 19 could do it. a few, thats it

I think Darko is the best talent that we've been talking about with the guys we would be in range to get. Darko is taller bigger longer than anyone excpet martynas. Hes not thicker than Taft, but hes got much better fundamentals and fundamentals is what its all about. You need them:>)
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/27/2005  4:02 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by tomverve:
Posted by Bonn1997:

He's a project that's probably not worth an early or mid lottery pick for the reasons Killa and others have given.

That remains to be seen, kemosabe. If he explodes and becomes a 20/10 guy, or maybe even more of a 25/8 guy, then what would you say? It's entirely within the realm of possibility. What we've seen and know of Darko right now is next to nothing. Pretty pointless to try to say right now that he's already a bust, or should have been taken much lower, etc. Judgments like that are empty words right now. There is no rational basis for firm evaluations here until we wait it out a few more years and see what happens.
I agree with everything you said. That's why I think it's a poor gamble to use a mid lottery pick on him. I didn't say it was guaranteed to work out poorly, but anyone whom we know nothing about is a bad gamble to use a mid lotter pick on.

so your common sense tells you that we should just trade our pick no matter what, because we have no idea how ANY draft pick will work out.
huh? I'm fine with keeping the pick but there are certain players I'd prefer rather than keeping the pick. If we can't get any of them, I'll GLADLY keep the pick. Why is that so hard to understand?

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 04/27/2005 16:03:22]
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/27/2005  4:06 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by tomverve:
Posted by Bonn1997:

We do have some common knowledge that Darko is 7-1250, 19 years old and did put up 16 points 5 reb 3 blocks when he got 30 minutes the other day. How many basketball players on this Earth at age 19 could do it. a few, thats it

I think Darko is the best talent that we've been talking about with the guys we would be in range to get. Darko is taller bigger longer than anyone excpet martynas. Hes not thicker than Taft, but hes got much better fundamentals and fundamentals is what its all about. You need them:>)
On what are you basing that?

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 04/27/2005 16:07:15]
example of a player id be willing to give pick 8 up for

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy