[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

example of a player id be willing to give pick 8 up for
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/26/2005  11:39 AM
pick 8==darko milicic [imho, still a better prospect than anyone on the board at 8]

i hate saying 8, 7 sounded much better

darko=7-1 245 skill player with long arms and soft touch who needed time to mature
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/26/2005  11:50 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

pick 8==darko milicic [imho, still a better prospect than anyone on the board at 8]

darko=7-1 245 skill player with long arms and soft touch who needed time to mature

Agree Briggs. Larry Brown just isn't giving this kid a chance to play and he's going to forever live with the statement "you were picked ahead of Carmelo Anthony." I'm very confident with Isiah about 2 things: drafting and mentoring young kids. I think if he somehow swung a trade for Darko he'd be able to help him along, same deal with Kwame Brown. Both are athletic and got game, just a change of scenery might be necessary.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/26/2005  12:08 PM
hardest part about this deal would be matching salaries, but I agree 100%.

I think Rose or JYD + #8 for Darko and Lindsey Hunter would work.

Another scenario is getting a team with cap space involved. Something like KT to Hawks with the Hawk's #30 and our #8 going to Det for Darko.

Thats a good $$$ deal for Detroit as well
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/26/2005  12:13 PM
I don't know about Darko. I think that if he showed any flash of being a #2 pick he would at least have cracked the rotation by now. If he played well in practice for example.

if you're a #2 pick you better be able to do something well. Maybe your defense and rebounding sucks and you're just not ready to play against NBA bigs but if you can shoot lights out you're going to get some playing time and minutes to develop.

The only way i would trade for Darko is for an existing player on our roster who's we know is good and can help a team, just not our talent lacking bunch. Like Kurt Thomas.

They were looking for a backup center so maybe they'll take Kurt. If not then thats ok.

No way would I give up our lottery pick and a potential Amare, Wade, Mcgrady, Pierce like superstar impact player for a bust.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/26/2005  12:23 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I dunno- you can have a player come out of nowhere (e.g., michael redd, ariza) who no one thought much of before the draft. I would expect him to have gotten a bit more time if they thought he had any talent.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/26/2005  12:23 PM
first of all, what makes anyone think Joe Dumars is going to give up on this kid already? Larry Brown has made it known that he might retire at season's end...that means they can very well try & clear playing time for Darko to have a bigger role next year...they're not going to trade a 20 year old 7 footer that they picked #2 overall before they even get a decent chance to see what he's all about w/some playing time.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
USA
4/26/2005  12:26 PM
there's a reason why Darko's agent didn't allow him to workout with any teams. Reason being HE'S NOT GOOD but he and his agent got their money!
BRIGGS
4/26/2005  12:40 PM
Posted by TMS:

first of all, what makes anyone think Joe Dumars is going to give up on this kid already? Larry Brown has made it known that he might retire at season's end...that means they can very well try & clear playing time for Darko to have a bigger role next year...they're not going to trade a 20 year old 7 footer that they picked #2 overall before they even get a decent chance to see what he's all about w/some playing time.

well, where is he getting PT in the next 3-4 years? You have Rasheed Ben Wallace Mcdyess and Tayshaun Prince upfront. At best, he only has chance to be a role player for the next few years. they do have problems with back up Gs an 8 pick would be the inexpensive way to make the position much better.
Darko is a very good player, I dont need to see him put up 30-20 to know that. Once he does that, he has no chance to be acquired.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/26/2005  12:44 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by TMS:

well, where is he getting PT in the next 3-4 years? You have Rasheed Ben Wallace Mcdyess and Tayshaun Prince upfront. At best, he only has chance to be a role player for the next few years. they do have problems with back up Gs an 8 pick would be the inexpensive way to make the position much better.
Darko is a very good player, I dont need to see him put up 30-20 to know that. Once he does that, he has no chance to be acquired.

jermaine oneal is a bust, hes averaging 2 pts on the portland bench, he must be no good, another HS going for the money, and BANG

Darko, all of 19 is a bust;>) what are his numbers at Utah playing C this year? 20-12:>)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/photo? hey kind of looks like him too!slug=gajb10604200310.pistons_hawks_gajb106&prov=ap
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/26/2005  12:46 PM
oops

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/photo?slug=gajb10604200310.pistons_hawks_gajb106&prov=ap
RIP Crushalot😞
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
4/26/2005  12:52 PM
I really liked Darko when he came out if for no other reason he was described as a Euro wih a mean streak. But I still think his game is more of a finesse game and he needs to put on some firth...he almost looks like a SF/PF KG body type tweener than a C.
~You can't run from who you are.~
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/26/2005  12:57 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by TMS:

jermaine oneal is a bust, hes averaging 2 pts on the portland bench, he must be no good, another HS going for the money, and BANG

Darko, all of 19 is a bust;>) what are his numbers at Utah playing C this year? 20-12:>)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/photo? hey kind of looks like him too!slug=gajb10604200310.pistons_hawks_gajb106&prov=ap

Then no player is a bust. They just haven't receive enough playing time. To me I don't care who is in front of you. You get pick #2 overrall and can't crack the rotation. Then you are for the moment a bust. Fish, is right. Darko didn't work out for Detroit other than do some fundamental stuff. He didn't go against a NBA player or anything. It was a great move for his agent. According to Riley, Lampe dropped because he went against NBA guys and had some problems. His contract was a problem too but poor workouts hurt him too. I would give the Wiz the 8th pick for Brown before the Pistons, Kwame has contributed some. I don't remember what Indiana gave up for O'Neal but I am sure it wasn't a 8th pick.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
TMS
USA
4/26/2005  1:08 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by TMS:

i have no idea where all that came from...i never said Darko was a bust...i said Dumars will not give up on a #2 overall pick so soon...if in your opinion none of the prospects at #8 are better than Darko, why do you assume they'd even bother considering trading him then? does that make sense to you? trade a 7 foot talented 20 year old bigman for some other prospect who might never see the light of day either on DET's deep roster?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
USA
4/26/2005  1:08 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by TMS:

difference is we've seen high school players have great success in the NBA. What foreign Center other than Yao Ming who was a clear cut phenom at 7'5 has become a superstar?

Don't give me Dirk, he's a superstar and 7ft but not a center just like every Foreign player other than Yao and arguably Nene who was clearly a best and you knew his body would translate.
gunsnewing
USA
4/26/2005  1:10 PM
good point Phareone. I'm sure Indiana didn't give up anywhere close to the #8 pick for O'neal. the #8 pick who with Isiah drafting could be the next Amare
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/26/2005  1:15 PM
Why should we give up our first pick for a player who has yet to prove that he belongs? With that 8th pick we might be able to draft someone with similar skills and much better....Keep the pick and work on trading players that we already have to clear spots on our roster....Kurt, Sweetney, TT, Penny, Malik, Mo T. At least 3 of those names have to go by next season..

Posted by gunsnewing:

good point Phareone. I'm sure Indiana didn't give up anywhere close to the #8 pick for O'neal. the #8 pick who with Isiah drafting could be the next Amare
The true Knickabocker..........
BRIGGS
4/26/2005  1:17 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by TMS:

Then no player is a bust. They just haven't receive enough playing time. To me I don't care who is in front of you. You get pick #2 overrall and can't crack the rotation. Then you are for the moment a bust. Fish, is right. Darko didn't work out for Detroit other than do some fundamental stuff. He didn't go against a NBA player or anything. It was a great move for his agent. According to Riley, Lampe dropped because he went against NBA guys and had some problems. His contract was a problem too but poor workouts hurt him too. I would give the Wiz the 8th pick for Brown before the Pistons, Kwame has contributed some. I don't remember what Indiana gave up for O'Neal but I am sure it wasn't a 8th pick.

they gave up dale davis. a lot of teams whouldve given up pick 8 for dale davis in his prime
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/26/2005  1:28 PM
here ya go, Darko with minutes

30 min 7-11 16 points 5 rebounds 2 asists 3 blocks and he is 19. How many 19 year olds in the WORLD could put up those numbers in any nBA game. Not many

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3705
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
USA
4/26/2005  1:32 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

here ya go, Darko with minutes

30 min 7-11 16 points 5 rebounds 2 asists 3 blocks and he is 19. How many 19 year olds in the WORLD could put up those numbers in any nBA game. Not many

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3705

BRIGGS, that's precisely why they won't be interested in any #8 pick for him...do you know how much flack Dumars is taking for picking him over taking Dwayne Wade & Carmelo Anthony? he's going to want to give this kid a shot to prove him right before he gives up & dumps him for another pick...you have the same situation of having to play behind veterans regardless if they keep Darko or trade him for that #8 pick & take someone else.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/26/2005  1:36 PM
BRIGGS, we should trade the 8th pick to move up in the draft. Either trade the 8th pick or one of the other picks with a bad contract for an earlier pick.. Petro had declared..
The true Knickabocker..........
example of a player id be willing to give pick 8 up for

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy