Switzerland
4/25/2005  3:23 PM
which 3 players get cut?
all kool aid all the time.
Ray15
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #668
4/25/2005  3:25 PM
throw in their 1st rounder this year to that package and I would do it. Marbury isn't leading this team anywhere. With D Harris and Marquis Daniels we get much better defensively on the perimeter. We also continue to stock up first rounders while getting much younger. With our lottery pick I would look at Felton or Deron Williams to share the point duty with Harris

Deron Williams/Devin Harris
Crawford/Marquis Daniels
Daniels/Ariza

Talks about a solid, young backcourt. Deron Williams can lock up anybody and is big enough to slide over to the 2 and play with Devin Harris.
Defense and Toughness
Ray15
4/25/2005  3:28 PM
What about Marbury, TT for Odom, Caron Butler, B Grant. The lakers get a solid point and take pressure off Kobe while getting cap relief for B Grant. We can go ahead and take Felton or D Williams because I think both these guys will be monster pgs in the leauge and they will be the best player on the board when we pick (if they're still available). Most importantly, we get better defensively. Grab a guy like Earl Watson and we'll be very solid.

Deron Williams/Watson
Crawford/Butler
Odom/Ariza
Defense and Toughness
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/25/2005  3:35 PM
Posted by Ray15:

What about Marbury, TT for Odom, Caron Butler, B Grant. The lakers get a solid point and take pressure off Kobe while getting cap relief for B Grant. We can go ahead and take Felton or D Williams because I think both these guys will be monster pgs in the leauge and they will be the best player on the board when we pick (if they're still available). Most importantly, we get better defensively. Grab a guy like Earl Watson and we'll be very solid.

Deron Williams/Watson
Crawford/Butler
Odom/Ariza
Your proposal's at least a little more realistic. You have to be smoking some serous stuff to think that Isiah would or should trade Marbury for some players who haven't even been NBA starters like the initial trade on this thread. I think a lot of people confused Isiah's statement about Marbury not being untouchable for a statement about him intending or trying to trade Marbury. It's a huge difference.
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
4/25/2005  3:57 PM
How about giving Marbury one season as a knick with a real coach?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/25/2005  3:59 PM
Marbury, KT & the 2nd round pick for Jason Terry, Jerry Stackhouse, Marquis Daniels & DAL's 1st rounder

C - lottery pick / MLE (Gadzuric)
PF - Sweetney / Rose / Mo T
SF - Daniels / Ariza / JYD
SG - Stackhouse / DAL's 1st rounder
PG - Crawford / Terry
IR - Houston / Butler / #30 pick

aim here is to get cap flexibility for 2007 when Lebron & Wade can become FA's & get another 1st rounder to build the nucleus...both Terry & Stack are still very solid veterans, & Daniels is a good young player as well...Terry's expiring deal will be a nice asset to have at the trade deadline as well.

[Edited by - TMS on 04/25/2005 16:02:14]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/25/2005  4:13 PM
I dont get it. What happened to not taking back retreads?

How about Marbury and Mo Taylor for Finley, Harris and Daniels.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/25/2005  4:20 PM
Finley's deal goes past the 2007/08 season so i'm not crazy about that one fish...i do like Harris, but i'd be fine w/letting Jamal be the PG if Marbury is traded.

btw, i never said i wouldn't take back retreads, as long as the entire package puts this franchise in a better position for the future...getting cap flexibility along w/good young players does that.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/25/2005  4:29 PM
i meant Briggs deal which included taking back Wahad
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/25/2005  4:55 PM
Posted by fishmike:

wahad is just a cap $--hes covered by insurance--basically you would be trading Marbury to get younger, more athletic and a huge sized prospect. Were not winning with Marbury, but I would bet that if inserted
Jamal--starting PG 6-5
Marquis starting SG 6-6
Devin 6th man
Pavel 7-3 315 a guy we bring along as rapidly as possible, we would be a much improved team, especialy in the long run.
RIP Crushalot😞
Ray15
4/25/2005  5:34 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Ray15:

Deron Williams/Watson
Crawford/Butler
Odom/Ariza
Your proposal's at least a little more realistic. You have to be smoking some serous stuff to think that Isiah would or should trade Marbury for some players who haven't even been NBA starters like the initial trade on this thread. I think a lot of people confused Isiah's statement about Marbury not being untouchable for a statement about him intending or trying to trade Marbury. It's a huge difference.

To be honest with you, I think we need to trade Marbury. The deal Briggs offered isn't the best but we do get much younger and better defensively on the perimeter. You can't win in this league without defense and in order to get us those guys we're going to have to trade our best player. Look at the Bulls -- that is a team that is so solid everywhere. Hinrich, Duhon, and Gordon are all giving them incredible minutes and doing the little things like playing defense, rebounding the ball, and getting on loose balls.

It's not a coincidence that these 3 guys stayed in school for a while and more importantly won in school (all have been to the final 4). Look at the other guys who stayed in school and led their team -- Wade, Josh Howard, Richard Jefferson, even guys like Dan Dickau, Boozer, Battier, Okafor. All these guys are so solid on both sides of the ball and it's in college where they learn these fundamentals. Outside of the superstars like Lebron, KG, JONeal, Kobe there have been so many high school busts (I can think of about 10 or 15 right off the bat).

This is why I want to draft Deron Williams or Raymond Felton with the 8 pick. Now if Gerald Green is available I'll take him because he can be very very special. With our late first round pick I would think about Julius Hodge. Does he not have Josh Howard written all over him? He can do everything -- ballhandeling, passing, defense, getting to the rim. I'd also want to buy a mid first rounder to nab a guy like Channing Frye who looks like a poor mans Camby. I'd also look to trade up in the second round using our late second rounder and maybe a future second rounder to nab a guy like Daniel Ewing or Nate Robinson.

If we trade Marbury for some young, gritty guards (even the dallas package where we take back Daniels and Harris), buy a first rounder using TT and come out of the draft with

Deron Williams, Channing Frye, Julius Hodge, and Nate Robinson we would be in fabulous position. Williams is a lockdown defender who shut down everybody except Felton all throughout the tournament. In order to make roster space for all these guys I'll cut/buy our Houston, Penny, Sundov, and all the other scrubs we got on our squad.

Deron Williams/Harris/Robinson
Crawford/Daniels/Deron Williams
Daniels/Ariza/Hodge

That backcourt is the best defensively in the league and it still has the firepower to put up points. We would have won the majority of our close games this year if only we could have guarded people.
Defense and Toughness
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/25/2005  5:35 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by fishmike:

wahad is just a cap $--hes covered by insurance--basically you would be trading Marbury to get younger, more athletic and a huge sized prospect. Were not winning with Marbury, but I would bet that if inserted
Jamal--starting PG 6-5
Marquis starting SG 6-6
Devin 6th man
Pavel 7-3 315 a guy we bring along as rapidly as possible, we would be a much improved team, especialy in the long run.

I could only see this trade happening if Isiah was letting Phil Jackson come here and have MAJOR input on talent decisions. Jackson would love that trade. Isiah by himself? no way.
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/25/2005  5:38 PM
[quote]
Posted by MaulingandAppalling:

How about giving Marbury one season as a knick with a real coach?

It's not really about giving Marbury a chance with a new coach, it's about rebuilding this POS team within the next 2 years.

If I was Marbury, I know I would hav a better chance to win playing with Dirk Dampier Howard etc.. than I do, possibly at any point here. It was a wrong choice to bring marbury here in the first place and it's still not the right choice to keep him. Let him go[for a fair price] to a team that can really win it now. the Knicks have to look around and se what the ECF is and what it will be. Marquis daniels was under-utilized this year, 6-6 and 24 and signed for 4 more years. Harris reminds me of a young John Starks and deserves time as a sixth man. Moving Sweetney back to the bench with Ariza Harris and Pavel would be very interesting as they grew togther. We need to rebuild the frontline, maybe we just get 1 piece this year in Taft??? I have the same opinion as Checkettes. I say blow it up, bring in some younger players who fit into a system coherently and get back to fiscal sanity so IF needed, we could see cap space in sight.

If Marbury came here when Houston spree and Camby were still here, that wouldve been great. the guys we have now just arent the right pieces. for the amount of $$$ he earns, he should be at a place who is ready to win it. we are not. paying that kind of $$ to him now is insane.
RIP Crushalot😞
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/25/2005  5:58 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

[quote]
Posted by MaulingandAppalling:

If Marbury came here when Houston spree and Camby were still here, that wouldve been great. the guys we have now just arent the right pieces. for the amount of $$$ he earns, he should be at a place who is ready to win it. we are not. paying that kind of $$ to him now is insane.
I agree with you that if he was on that 99 team, we would have probably won it. I also agree that on a talented team with options like Dallas, or memphis, or Denver he would be great.

However, he is my favorite player, he is dying to play here, he will/has given it 100% every night for 45 minutes and if you give him some decent pieces and a decent coach, we can be a good team, while we rebuild, when this team is totally retooled in about 3 years marbs will be 31 and still very good (assuming he doesn't go down to injuries). We have a shot at something here with one of the best pg's in the game. We have picks and some contracts that are great assets in Penny, TT, and H20 in a few years. We could really turn it around with those assets. I don't think we should trade the best asset we have when we have an oppurtunity to get some good players to play with him, and get better every year.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/25/2005  6:33 PM
Marbury could easily have five more all-star level seasons in him. That's plenty of time to surround him with the right players. No need to panic and trade him for bench players even if they're young. The Knicks also have the right assets to make a large turn around over the next two years.

His D is about average, Ray. (If you go by stats like FG% against, he's well above average actually.) Jamal's and TT's perimeter defense is what kills the team.
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
4/26/2005  8:43 AM
I'd love that deal. Get younger, better defensively, get rid of a bad contract. It makes sense. The package coming in would fit this team better than the part going out. I'd pursue a similar option to rid ourselves of Jamal's contract. A 2 year plan to get to fiscal sanity is very reachable. If we can achieve fiscal sanity, while getting younger and better at the same time, why not do it?
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/26/2005  8:47 AM
How can you trade a player after less than 1 season? That is senseless. I can understand if he failed after we surrounded him with great talents, but that is not the case. can you honestly say that Crawfford, Kurt Thomas, Sweeteney, Ariza, and the bench that we have with the coaching staffs are good enough to help Marburry??? Honestly????
The true Knickabocker..........
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
4/26/2005  8:56 AM
Who says he failed? Minus the defensive and clutch-time failures, he had a very good season. He was almost always our best player on the court.

That said, if you can improve the team's situation by trading him, you have to do it. Isiah just should not pass on an opportunity to improve the situation, given how dire it is. But he will. I have no doubt that Marbury is not going anywhere though. He's Isiah's boy and an untouchable.
How about this trade for Marbury

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy