[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Don't get all juiced about the draft
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/25/2005  11:29 AM
Ive got some people that I would really like to add and I think it should be the number 1 priority--if you look at how the Bulls rookies and the young Suns play, it cries for us to add some talented young athletic youth, but lets face reality. we TRIED to trade pick 9 and ended up not being able to in 2003 in 2002 we TRADED the pick we traded last years pick--listen did they care even if Butler got 3 seconds of play or that Ariza started getting short changed? did they care that they knew that a loss to wash locked us in at 7 and yet when wash took all their regulars out in the 4th down double digits, we stayed with our vets to the last minute? listen, we'll end up with Mike Finley and Stephen Hunter somehow--it will be something like Tim Thomas and pick 8 to Dallas for Mike Finley or maybe Antonie Walker S+T thats what we are getting, so dont fret, we know the future because we ve experienced it before.

And not for nothing, just look at how young the Bulls are, and they are playing without Deng and Curry--does anyone think were going to build a team that will be able to keep up with them as they mature? or how about the wizards or when Lebron gets a good GM? were screwed brother--right now Id rather be the Atlanta Hawks
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/25/2005  11:36 AM
I don't think it's playing that way. I don't think Isiah does the Nazr trade if he's going in that direction. I predict both our #1 picks this year will be on next year's roster. I can't vouch for PT, but I can certainly hope.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/25/2005  11:38 AM
well that's the question : will these picks, if they are kept, get any type of PT over the $108 mil tied up in the other 10 superstars on this team?

i have ZERO clue and that's definitely not a good thing.

if we draft 3-4 players, AND LET THEM PLAY, then we change the entire dynamic of this team.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/25/2005  11:42 AM
If Layden were still running the draft, I'd be worried. Isiah has a good eye for talent and I'm sure he's looking at the teams with young players in the playoffs and realizing a lot of key guys were drafted in the last few years.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/25/2005  11:47 AM
no reason to worry since Ariza logged 18mins this season as a 19yr old not because he is young but because he is good. big difference

Isiah will draft a good player and he will play and the maliks of the world will be packaged in trades
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/25/2005  11:49 AM
I would be inclined to agree except for one thing, and thats the large amount of time Isiah has spend personally scouting. I would think he will want to come away with something tangible after all the time he's spent scouting the globe. Then again maybe he just wants to do better than Lampe and Vranes with the two late picks he will actually use.

This will be the tell tail sign of where this team goes over the next 4-5 years. Will we build and compete or spend and fizzle?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/25/2005  11:51 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I would be inclined to agree except for one thing, and thats the large amount of time Isiah has spend personally scouting. I would think he will want to come away with something tangible after all the time he's spent scouting the globe. Then again maybe he just wants to do better than Lampe and Vranes with the two late picks he will actually use.

This will be the tell tail sign of where this team goes over the next 4-5 years. Will we build and compete or spend and fizzle?

exactly and they've all said they are rebulding. as in Isiah, Marbury and the media
crzymdups
USA
4/25/2005  11:53 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Have no illusions, Isiah feels pressure to bring in an impact player and have a better season next year (hence all the articles that said he felt he had a year to produce). But the difference between Isiah and Layden is, he knows he can DRAFT an impact player.

Amare, Wade, Melo, Nene, Yao, Ben Gordon all having such big playoffs so far make it obvious that getting young, athletic talent in the draft is important.
¿ △ ?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/25/2005  11:56 AM
Believe it or not, depending on the draft and if the Hawks can get dalembert, they may be as good as the bulls and wizzards. The hawks have some good potential talent. I am not a big fan of fish's boy josh smith, but I must admit he has been putting up nice numbers towards the end of the season, and childress is a better defender than I thought, adding a PG like paul and a big like Dalembert would go a logn way..

with that being said, if the knicks have a good draft and add that along with the pieces we have now, we can be right there also..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/25/2005  12:03 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Isiah has been scouting a lot this year, particularly in Europe, but didn't Layden do a lot of scouting too? Or was he just watching Milos play?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
crzymdups
USA
4/25/2005  12:13 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:
Posted by fishmike:

Isiah has been scouting a lot this year, particularly in Europe, but didn't Layden do a lot of scouting too? Or was he just watching Milos play?

I think Layden scouted Euros at the expense of scouting Americans.
¿ △ ?
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/25/2005  12:26 PM
I think you can't compare Layden and Isiah in terms of scouting talent. Layden traded Camby and Nene for a sgood player fresh off of knee surgery, there is no comparison.

Michael Finley makes 14 million dollars and is 32 or 33, I don't see any way in hell that Isiah brings nim to this team. If he was gonna do that he would have gotten Webber.

I think if he makes a trade for a veteran, it is because he doesn't see lots of talent in the draft. But I don't see him trading our pick unless it is for a star, and Antoine Walker is NOT a star and zeke knows that.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/25/2005  12:37 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

I think you can't compare Layden and Isiah in terms of scouting talent. Layden traded Camby and Nene for a sgood player fresh off of knee surgery, there is no comparison.

Michael Finley makes 14 million dollars and is 32 or 33, I don't see any way in hell that Isiah brings nim to this team. If he was gonna do that he would have gotten Webber.

I think if he makes a trade for a veteran, it is because he doesn't see lots of talent in the draft. But I don't see him trading our pick unless it is for a star, and Antoine Walker is NOT a star and zeke knows that.

I hate to say this to you young brother, but Layden is the guy that was responsible for drafting Karl Malone John Stockton Dell Curry and Andrei Kirlenko without a lottery pick. now he had some bad busts, but they were picking in the 20s yearly after stockton adn Malone
RIP Crushalot😞
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
4/25/2005  12:42 PM
If your point is that the Knicks will continue to suck as long as Dolan and his front man, Isiah, are in charge of the team, I probably agree.

But I will be excited about the draft until they "f" up it up so bad that it is no longer reasonably possible.

Think about it,though: If the Knicks had Camby and Amare instead of a shell of McDyess, the Knicks would be one of the best teams in the NBA right now.

Even a moron like Dolan, who would be digging ditches or panhandling if he wasn't his father's son, should be able to see that.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/25/2005  12:43 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Killa4luv:

I hate to say this to you young brother, but Layden is the guy that was responsible for drafting Karl Malone John Stockton Dell Curry and Andrei Kirlenko without a lottery pick. now he had some bad busts, but they were picking in the 20s yearly after stockton adn Malone

wasn't it his dad, FRANK Layden that was responsible for drafting Malone & Stockton?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/25/2005  12:49 PM
I think so, but Layden DEFINITELY drafted AK47.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
crzymdups
USA
4/25/2005  12:49 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Killa4luv:

wasn't it his dad, FRANK Layden that was responsible for drafting Malone & Stockton?

His dad had a lot of imput, but Scottie was the official GM.

BUT, Briggs, Layden made those picks in Utah and in New York, he seemed TERRIFIED to draft someone to build around, thinking he had to go for the quick fix. I don't know if it was Dolan's influence or Steve Mills or what, but Laydne wasn't the same GM here. He was jumpy and made moves that were clearly trading 5 tomorrows for one today.
¿ △ ?
Don't get all juiced about the draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy