Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/25/2005  11:49 AM
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by gunsnewing:

i never considered Payton a true PG either but one thing he did great that Marbury doesn't even come close is play DEFENSE.

I really think the Lakers could do better than Marbury for Odom when you take everything into account especially Marbury's salary. At 18mil per year he will be making more than KOBE!

I mentioned Payton played much better defense but that has nothing to do with his floor vision. Payton was a true PG early in his career sharing the load with Kemp, but he reverted to a much more scoring Point after Kemp was traded. Payton minus the defense is exactly the type of PG Marbury is.

If the Lakers are gonna worry about trading for guys who make more than Kobe we won't have to worry about them competing for a championship for a LONG time (or a least until Kobe retires).

Either way, I think that the Lake Show will be better off with a great back court as opposed to Kobe with an unhappy Odom.

How about Kobe and Felton & Warrick or another top 15 pick? they can do much better and cheaper than Stephon for Odom.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 04/25/2005 11:50:20]
AUTOADVERT
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
4/25/2005  11:57 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by gunsnewing:

i never considered Payton a true PG either but one thing he did great that Marbury doesn't even come close is play DEFENSE.

I really think the Lakers could do better than Marbury for Odom when you take everything into account especially Marbury's salary. At 18mil per year he will be making more than KOBE!

I mentioned Payton played much better defense but that has nothing to do with his floor vision. Payton was a true PG early in his career sharing the load with Kemp, but he reverted to a much more scoring Point after Kemp was traded. Payton minus the defense is exactly the type of PG Marbury is.

If the Lakers are gonna worry about trading for guys who make more than Kobe we won't have to worry about them competing for a championship for a LONG time (or a least until Kobe retires).

Either way, I think that the Lake Show will be better off with a great back court as opposed to Kobe with an unhappy Odom.

How about Kobe and Felton & Warrick or another top 15 pick? they can do much better and cheaper than Stephon for Odom.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 04/25/2005 11:50:20]

By the time the younger guys mature enought ot lead a team in LA to a championship Kobe will be close 30, Kobe is 26 now and wants to win (I think). Besides, would you want two younger impressionable guys trying to play their way into the league playing with Kobe? Look at the hit Walton has taken playing with Kobe. You need players who are sure of their status and infinately confident in themsleves to play with Kobe and withstand his banter. Stephon has all the talent in the world and wants to win and carries the same attitude as Kobe when teammates don't perform. I think it would be a decent match. Can the Lakers go cheaper, sure, if they want to build around Kobe with nothing more than role players with limited talent that Kobe will destroy with his attitude.
~You can't run from who you are.~
gunsnewing
USA
4/25/2005  12:03 PM
no felton and warrick will be good right away. definitely wont take 4yrs to develope

think amare,gordon, wade etc
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/25/2005  12:06 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

no felton and warrick will be good right away. definitely wont take 4yrs to develope

You think Kobe would have the patience/touches let an Gordon, Wade type develop? I dont think so.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
joec32033
USA
4/25/2005  12:08 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I don't know much about Felton other than he is a decent, albeit undersized PG, but Warrick is an undersized PF who relies more on his athleticism than his talent. He reminds me ALOT of Camby in frame, except he can shoot the three, but at the same token, Kobe will psychologically crush these guys, especially if they come into the league with any glaring holes in their games. It is not a reflection on them, but on Kobe himself. He is not the type of star that will mentor, think along the lines of how Jordan was with Kwame Brown. He crushed him and that is the way I see Kobe being.
Silverfuel
USA
4/25/2005  12:10 PM
Posted by joec32033:

Kobe will psychologically crush these guys, especially if they come into the league with any glaring holes in their games. It is not a reflection on them, but on Kobe himself.
Good point joe. Kobe really is a dick. He actually questioned Shaq's work ethic remember? I wish Houston would play on his team.
gunsnewing
USA
4/25/2005  12:13 PM
but warrick is expected to be an impact player right away and felton is everything a PG should be. if kobe can't co-exist with a wade/gordon type than there's something wrong with him. oh wait there is something wrong with kobe..
Silverfuel
USA
4/25/2005  12:14 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

if kobe can't co-exist with a wade/gordon type than there's something wrong with him. oh wait there is something wrong with kobe..
Yup. There is something wrong with him but I think Stephon can fit in on the team. That trade not going through etc is a different point but Stephon can run with Kobe and form a winning pair.
joec32033
USA
4/25/2005  12:26 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

but warrick is expected to be an impact player right away and felton is everything a PG should be. if kobe can't co-exist with a wade/gordon type than there's something wrong with him. oh wait there is something wrong with kobe..

What if Warrick doesn't live up to expectations? Devin Harris was supposed to be a perfect PG...what if Warrick and Felton turn out no better than Kwame and Harris up to this point?
gunsnewing
USA
4/25/2005  12:51 PM
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by gunsnewing:

What if Warrick doesn't live up to expectations? Devin Harris was supposed to be a perfect PG...what if Warrick and Felton turn out no better than Kwame and Harris up to this point?

what if the knicks had lebron instead of marbury or a real superstar
joec32033
USA
4/25/2005  12:53 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by gunsnewing:

what if the knicks had lebron instead of marbury or a real superstar

That's a different argument...Statistical probablity is that these guys won't live up to their standards...there is no statistical probability about the knicks getting LeBron...
Does this sound like a rebuilding plan?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy