[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Does this sound like a rebuilding plan?
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
4/25/2005  10:04 AM
1-Trade our 2nd #1 and 2 second rounders to LA for Wilcox(I know this may be overpaying a bit but I think it is worth it)
2-Trade KT for a mid to lower 1st round pick
3-Trade Sweets for a mid to low mid 1st round pick
4-Trade Steph to LA Lakers for Odom
5-Draft Taft(or Petro), Joey Graham, and Jarrett Jack (Jack and Graham with the mid to lower picks we get for Sweets and KT).
6-Move Ariza to 2 guard (yes he needs to work on his jumper, but I think he can play the 2 if he attacks the rim)
7-Move Craw to the point

Wilcox/Butler
Taft/Rose/Taylor
Odom/TT/JYD
Ariza/Graham
Craw/Jack
~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/25/2005  10:07 AM
again...caffeine free my man, make the switch

i like the wilcox deal. it's possible the clips may do that.

KT for a mid to low 1st round pick is also feasible.

sweets for a mid to low mid #1 is also feasible.

steph to lakers is not going to happen.

at this point - ANY move isiah makes in terms of getting more picks, i will endorse b/c he can draft.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/25/2005  10:09 AM
Point 1: Will happen cause Clippers didnt play him after Kaman got back. seems like they dont want him that bad. They might do the trade.
Point 2: This will be doable. KT is a very servicable PF that teams can use. He has a decent contract too. Mid round pick is fair for him.
Point 3: I dunno if sweets is that tradeable but we'll see.
Point 4: This one is weird cause Steph and Kobe both shoot like crazy. That would be a great back court. This one I am not that sure about.
Point 5: I like the draft picks.
Point 6 & 7: With a little bit of work they can both be a good back court.

If point 3 and 4 work out, that will be a great rebuilding plan. Works for me. I like the lineup. We can also trade Penny and TT's contracts at the trade deadline for whatever we need.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Silverfuel
USA
4/25/2005  10:14 AM
joe, I just checked on realgm and the steph for Odom trade doesnt work. ID#: 2358394. Is there some way to make it work? I suck at this so I dont want to even try.

Looks like most people will have beef with the Steph for Odom trade. If you can make that work work or even bring it to like a 33% chance of that going through, this will be a good ****ing rebuilding plan.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 04/25/2005 10:14:35]
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/25/2005  10:18 AM
thats a poor man's detroit pistons lineup but the Lakers are not trading for Steph.

What team in their right mind would unless they are looking to dump Glen Robinson, mashburn, mcdyess type and add more of a star attraction like Marbury so that they sell tickets while rebuilding.

No team that is seriously thinking about contending for a championship like the Lakers are will trade for Marbury.

When all is said and done Marbury will be the main reason Phil Jackson doesn't coach this team unless they trade him to one of these teams who could use a star attaction and I'm not even sure if there is a team like that?????
joec32033
USA
4/25/2005  10:26 AM
I realize this is alot but this has to take into account that maybe Phil wants to be here and we have to build a winner, do we have to be drastic.

Lamar trades that work:

Steph for Odom and Atkins
Steph for Odom and Divac
Steph and Penny or TT for Lamar and Brian Grant
Steph and KT for Odom, Grant and a draft pick
Silverfuel
USA
4/25/2005  10:28 AM
Posted by joec32033:

Steph for Odom and Atkins
This one might work. As long as there is a chance this trade will happen, this rebuilding plan works.
gunsnewing
USA
4/25/2005  10:29 AM
I like the Wilcox trade since he's a poor man's ben wallace and a little better offensively. so if we can pull that one off it would be a start. But it might take our 1st rounder to get him and that I wouldn't do
joec32033
USA
4/25/2005  10:35 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

thats a poor man's detroit pistons lineup but the Lakers are not trading for Steph.

What team in their right mind would unless they are looking to dump Glen Robinson, mashburn, mcdyess type and add more of a star attraction like Marbury so that they sell tickets while rebuilding.

No team that is seriously thinking about contending for a championship like the Lakers are will trade for Marbury.

When all is said and done Marbury will be the main reason Phil Jackson doesn't coach this team unless they trade him to one of these teams who could use a star attaction and I'm not even sure if there is a team like that?????

Guns I hear you, but Odom is a HUGE disappointment and right now LA is not contending for anything. You put Steph at the point, Kobe at the 2 and Caron at the 3, you have an almost indefensable perimeter that can run forever. You add whoever they sign to play PF or center and you got the showtime Lakers all over again. NVE, Eddie Jones and Cedric Ceballos would be a ver comparable team to this one except this one I pointed out would be much more dangerous.

Here is my reasoning. You put Kobe and Steph on the same team that is about 47 points, add Butler's 15 and you got about 63...That is at least another 30 points to go around between everyone else (on a conservative estimate of 93 points per). It's not like Steph only averages 3 assists per, he drops 8 dimes per for his career, he passes, I mean he averaged 8 drops here on a team with no true scoring option other than himself.

[Edited by - joec32033 on 04/25/2005 10:36:39]
joec32033
USA
4/25/2005  10:38 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I like the Wilcox trade since he's a poor man's ben wallace and a little better offensively. so if we can pull that one off it would be a start. But it might take our 1st rounder to get him and that I wouldn't do

I wouldn't do it either, but tell you what, the Clips REALLY hurt Wilcox's value by not playing him after Kaman came back the dood averaged 20 and 10 for the first month, then Kaman came back and he never played.
gunsnewing
USA
4/25/2005  10:43 AM
Stephon averages 8 assists because he has the ball in his hands 100% of the time.

Maybe going to the Lakers and playing next to Kobe will make him look better and smarter but it can also be a disaster because Marbury is not a pass first PG.

He's not a good PG period he makes to many stupid decisions and has no court vision
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/25/2005  10:44 AM
Posted by joec32033:

7-Move Craw to the point

This worries the hell out of me. I know we didn't exactly have a good year with Steph running the club and I know Craw had a few good assists game toward the end of the season but I'd feel real wary about him being our point.
Silverfuel
USA
4/25/2005  10:50 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by joec32033:

7-Move Craw to the point

This worries the hell out of me. I know we didn't exactly have a good year with Steph running the club and I know Craw had a few good assists game toward the end of the season but I'd feel real wary about him being our point.
It is a little weird but arent the Knicks used to having bad PG's. Also, this is why that draftpick for Jack and the Steph for Odom and Atkins comes in handy. Craw can learn man. He can learn. What say you?
gunsnewing
USA
4/25/2005  10:53 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by joec32033:

7-Move Craw to the point

not as worried as I am about him starting at SG next to stephon and our backcourt getting torched every night!
gunsnewing
USA
4/25/2005  10:58 AM
I actually think its more realistic to feel good about Crawford as PG or 6th man than as our starting SG.

Crawford starting at PG for Chicago was their biggest problem last year but at least the postion suited his skinny frame and he gave teams fits.

the same way we hope he becomes a disciplined SG I would hope he learns to play the point guard position the right way. Right off the bat I know he has better court vision than Marbury. The same way he has to learn to take better shots because he's a good shooter I would say he needs to think more pass first because he has PG leadership potential.
joec32033
USA
4/25/2005  11:03 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Stephon averages 8 assists because he has the ball in his hands 100% of the time.

Maybe going to the Lakers and playing next to Kobe will make him look better and smarter but it can also be a disaster because Marbury is not a pass first PG.

He's not a good PG period he makes to many stupid decisions and has no court vision

Steph had some great court vision when he played with Marion and Stoudemire. 8 assists belies the fact he has no court vision, he does. It's that his passes aren't converted the same way they were in PHX because he is passing to KT instead of Stoudemire and TT instead of Marion. This is definately something that can't be overlooked. Marbury is not a pass first PG as you said, but neither was Payton (who had infinately better defense on his side).

I think Craw has a game better suited for the PG where he can creat and stand outside for the 3 he likes...Unless he adjusts his game and cuts the 3's and drives alot more I think his game is more of a PG's game where he acts as a safety valve on the perimeter.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/25/2005  11:11 AM
I hope you guys are right but deep down I have major doubts. Early in the year i saw Steph just getting frustrated because so many of his passes inside were clunking off hands. I think he then resorted to always looking for KT first because that was the most reliable scoring option. He was pretty amazing finding KT but that play sucks after a while.

Did you guys watch the Wash game yesterday? I thought Larry Hughes played exactly the game that Craw should play. Hughes played a great driving and midrange shooting game. he has unnique talents that are very similar to Craw's. Hughes only had 1 assist, and it didn't matter because he was doing what was of most value to his team, socring 31 within the flow. If Craw would knock off the 3's and the aimless dribbling way outside, and play a mid-range and driving game, he's be incredibly valuable to this club. But running the point?? I'm open to being wrong, but right now I really don't see it.
gunsnewing
USA
4/25/2005  11:11 AM
i never considered Payton a true PG either but one thing he did great that Marbury doesn't even come close is play DEFENSE.

I really think the Lakers could do better than Marbury for Odom when you take everything into account especially Marbury's salary. At 18mil per year he will be making more than KOBE!
joec32033
USA
4/25/2005  11:15 AM
Posted by Marv:

I hope you guys are right but deep down I have major doubts. Early in the year i saw Steph just getting frustrated because so many of his passes inside were clunking off hands. I think he then resorted to always looking for KT first because that was the most reliable scoring option. He was pretty amazing finding KT but that play sucks after a while.

Did you guys watch the Wash game yesterday? I thought Larry Hughes played exactly the game that Craw should play. Hughes played a great driving and midrange shooting game. he has unnique talents that are very similar to Craw's. Hughes only had 1 assist, and it didn't matter because he was doing what was of most value to his team, socring 31 within the flow. If Craw would knock off the 3's and the aimless dribbling way outside, and play a mid-range and driving game, he's be incredibly valuable to this club. But running the point?? I'm open to being wrong, but right now I really don't see it.

If Craw transformed his game to Hughes' game, there would be no discussion he wouls be our 2 guard, but he doesn't even consider himself a 2 guard, which is a problem. Larry always considered himself a 2 and hated playing the point, which is the exact opposite of Craw.
joec32033
USA
4/25/2005  11:21 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

i never considered Payton a true PG either but one thing he did great that Marbury doesn't even come close is play DEFENSE.

I really think the Lakers could do better than Marbury for Odom when you take everything into account especially Marbury's salary. At 18mil per year he will be making more than KOBE!

I mentioned Payton played much better defense but that has nothing to do with his floor vision. Payton was a true PG early in his career sharing the load with Kemp, but he reverted to a much more scoring Point after Kemp was traded. Payton minus the defense is exactly the type of PG Marbury is.

If the Lakers are gonna worry about trading for guys who make more than Kobe we won't have to worry about them competing for a championship for a LONG time (or a least until Kobe retires).

Either way, I think that the Lake Show will be better off with a great back court as opposed to Kobe with an unhappy Odom.
Does this sound like a rebuilding plan?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy