[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Vince carter interview.. And my new view of vince...
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/24/2005  4:42 PM
I saw a clip of the vince carter interview and he did seem sincere about what went on in toronto and that he didn't quit on his team. I still think he quit to some degree, but I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt, I mean sometimes you just need a change of scenery. I know I killed vince a lot around here but I am going to give him a pass for now.. I still think he is fragile physically, but if he can stay healthy, he can be a beast, and if he is healthy, the nets will be a much better team. I just think if the nets have vince in their long term plans, they need to trade RJ( rudundant) and get some good big men, kristic is ok but they need more quality up front, the other guys they have are bums..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
4/24/2005  11:59 PM
i love vince carter!!!!
NewYorkSoul
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #855
Canada
4/25/2005  1:32 AM
If Vince seemed sincere in today's interview, it is because he wants to repair his severely tarnished image as a professional. There is no questioning his talent, but his last few seasons in Toronto have been a roller coaster emotionally for him, the organization, and the fans.

On a side note, it doesn't seem like Rafer Alston has many peers supporting him and his style of play
David f'n Lee for President!!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/25/2005  11:09 AM
Posted by NewYorkSoul:

If Vince seemed sincere in today's interview, it is because he wants to repair his severely tarnished image as a professional. There is no questioning his talent, but his last few seasons in Toronto have been a roller coaster emotionally for him, the organization, and the fans.

On a side note, it doesn't seem like Rafer Alston has many peers supporting him and his style of play

i agree...there's no doubting Vince's talent, but there are still questions surrounding his heart imho...1 incredible half season as a NJ Net doesn't mean he's not going to pull the same if this team for instance decides to trade Kidd for youth & goes into the tank next year either...of course, there isn't a player on the Knicks i wouldn't trade for him either.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tkf
4/25/2005  11:13 AM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by NewYorkSoul:

i agree...there's no doubting Vince's talent, but there are still questions surrounding his heart imho...1 incredible half season as a NJ Net doesn't mean he's not going to pull the same if this team for instance decides to trade Kidd for youth & goes into the tank next year either...of course, there isn't a player on the Knicks i wouldn't trade for him either.

I agree, there are also a lot of people in here that think his heart or lack thereof is not to be in question. I still think it is, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Another this is that vince was always comming up hurt in Toronto, and now people are telling me that he is a picture of health, and that he only had one significant injury... That to me is funny, but either way, one thing has to hold true, vince really was starting to break down physically in toronto or he was just dogging it, either way that is a cause for concern in my book... With that being said, if we had gotten vince instead of NJ, we might be in the playoffs now , getting our behinds handed to us by miami... How nice...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
4/26/2005  2:29 AM
Posted by tkf:

vince was always comming up hurt in Toronto, and now people are telling me that he is a picture of health,

Yes, that would be none other than your's truly. Dedicated poster, Codeunknown. If there are any injuries you're dying to report, I'm all ears. If its true, believe me, I'll mail you a thank-you note and a gift card to K-Mart. But, until then, you're wrong. Carter has been the unfortunate victim of "jumper's knee" (tragic, I know). That's it, the whole enchilada - a grand total of 55 missed games over 2 seasons. Nicks and scratches excluded, of course.

And judging by his 200 inch vertical, I'd day he made a smooth recovery. When he posterizes Shaq in Game 2, I think that officially qualifies as a picture of health. No? Or do we need an MRI?
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
NewYorkSoul
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #855
Canada
4/26/2005  2:54 AM
haha no matter what he does in his career from the trade onwards, I will always know and refer to him as 'Half Man, Half a Season'
David f'n Lee for President!!
codeunknown
4/26/2005  1:10 PM
Posted by NewYorkSoul:

haha no matter what he does in his career from the trade onwards, I will always know and refer to him as 'Half Man, Half a Season'

What I never understood was why he was only half man.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/26/2005  1:27 PM
As far as I am concern, he already gave an interview back in December when he said he was giving it all for Toronto. What more needs to be said. He wasn't taken out of context either, ESPN played the interview, and the reporter gave an interview, too. Vince confirmed it, his agent went further to demand a trade immediately. As the comic books use to say, enuff said.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
codeunknown
4/26/2005  3:40 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:

As far as I am concern, he already gave an interview back in December when he said he was giving it all for Toronto. What more needs to be said. He wasn't taken out of context either, ESPN played the interview, and the reporter gave an interview, too. Vince confirmed it, his agent went further to demand a trade immediately. As the comic books use to say, enuff said.

Vince was unprofessional in Toronto because he had a problem with management. Generally, its a bad sign when a player is manipulative. He's selfish, he didn't honor his contract etc. But, in a comfortable situation in Jersey, he is an MVP candidate - putting up 28-6-5 with defense. You can (and probably should) hate him but, undeniably, he's up there with T-Mac and Kobe skill-wise. And I'd take him over the upstanding players heaved into the unsuccesful rubble that is the NY Knicks.

[Edited by - codeunknown on 04/26/2005 15:51:08]
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/26/2005  3:54 PM
listen, in the real world, if you don't perform up to your abilities, you get FIRED. but alas, the NBA is not a real world. there are a ton of players that sign their deals and take a powder (dampier, spoon, etc.). and vince did not play up to par. he didn't like the direction of the franchise - WHOOP DEE DOO!!! where is it said that he's owed a winning team. he gets paid for his services and that's the extent of it.

forcing your way out of town is becoming the norm in the nba and further cementing the primadonna attitude these players get, which are perpetuated by the media, and my ignorant GM's giving them these $$$'s.

a vicious cycle of crap who's capital is madison square garden...but that's another post.

F vince. i don't care if he drops 35ppg 10 rebs 5 assists and saves a dying kid in the first row by donating a kidney - he's an unprofessional classless bum.
codeunknown
4/26/2005  3:56 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

listen, in the real world, if you don't perform up to your abilities, you get FIRED. but alas, the NBA is not a real world. there are a ton of players that sign their deals and take a powder (dampier, spoon, etc.). and vince did not play up to par. he didn't like the direction of the franchise - WHOOP DEE DOO!!! where is it said that he's owed a winning team. he gets paid for his services and that's the extent of it.

forcing your way out of town is becoming the norm in the nba and further cementing the primadonna attitude these players get, which are perpetuated by the media, and my ignorant GM's giving them these $$$'s.

a vicious cycle of crap who's capital is madison square garden...but that's another post.

F vince. i don't care if he drops 35ppg 10 rebs 5 assists and saves a dying kid in the first row by donating a kidney - he's an unprofessional classless bum.

But, he's good.
tkf
4/26/2005  3:59 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

exactly, and you know what, more times that not, guys like this never win, they just don't, I agree with your post 100%, I said I was going to give him the benifit of the doubt about toronto, but I can see why you feel the way you do...
codeunknown
4/26/2005  4:00 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

But, he's good.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/26/2005  5:27 PM
Posted by codeunknown:
Posted by djsunyc:

But, he's good.
Yeah for half the season. Next season, he pull a muscle and its the Nets medical staff fault, or J-Kidd fault for passing the ball too hard, or Jefferson's fault for getting traded (see his blame of McGrady from leaving the team) or Frank's fault for running extra practices or not enough practices. It's everyone's else fault but me. That's Vince's dogma. Some guys have dark personas like a TO in the NFL. They are never happy. I put Vince in this category too.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
codeunknown
4/26/2005  5:54 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:

Yeah for half the season. Next season, he pull a muscle and its the Nets medical staff fault, or J-Kidd fault for passing the ball too hard, or Jefferson's fault for getting traded (see his blame of McGrady from leaving the team) or Frank's fault for running extra practices or not enough practices. It's everyone's else fault but me. That's Vince's dogma. Some guys have dark personas like a TO in the NFL. They are never happy. I put Vince in this category too.

Its usually not the player's fault when he gets injured, if thats what you're trying to suggest. You can't blame Vince because the guy had a little tendinitis. Players that play hard get injured sometimes. And Vince has missed half a season just once in his career. Saying that he'll likely be injured next season is absurd.

With regard to his unprofessional behavior, its disturbing. Even disgraceful. But, he's good. I'd even say great. And if you can create a situation where he can perform (that's the gamble), you're in excellent shape. NJ is winning that gamble right now.
Vince carter interview.. And my new view of vince...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy