Samuel Dalembert
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/24/2005  4:15 AM
10/18/3 blocks.

WE NEED HIM. he would be perfect for us, I watched the game and he was blocking or changing many shots! Damn, we could really use him!
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/24/2005  11:17 AM
He would change our game so much, especially on D. We would actually have D!

Anyway, I think he is #1 on my "Trade For, Please" list. We desperately need a center and he is still young. Even if we draft a center, we have to make a run at him, and the best one we can...
Knicks_Fan
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/24/2005  11:18 AM
can we please consolidate all the trades ideas for Dalembert into one thread?

He. Is. Not. Coming. Here.

[Edited by - crzymdups on 04/24/2005 11:19:42]
¿ △ ?
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/24/2005  11:19 AM
If Sam is the center, who would be a good PF to run with him in the front court?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/24/2005  11:25 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

I remember people said the same about Marbury, Crawford, etc. I remember people saying Detroit would never win against L.A. last year.
Why its so impossible to deal for Dalembert? At least let me have hope, and faith, and dream...

Man, everything is possible, you just gotta believe!
Knicks_Fan
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/24/2005  1:05 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

If Sam is the center, who would be a good PF to run with him in the front court?

Marvin Williams, Chris Taft, Brand anyone who can score inside. definitely not an overweight Sweetney, Kurt, Rose, Etc

Actually I would then start Mo Taylor there. the only way I'd start him is next to a guy like Sam/Camby.

but the Knicks aren't getting Sam, there's no way! so lets forget about it!
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/24/2005  1:11 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

also add all kwame brown threads to consolidation
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
4/24/2005  3:00 PM
We really don't know if Samuel D. would be a good fit until we find out who'll our next coach will be. Whoever is the coach, certainly would have a plan implemented for the guy in the middle playing for the Knicks on both endes of the court..

We shall see...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/24/2005  3:08 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

sure he is, this is becoming the Knicks bizzaro message board where we put up anyone name thinking we have the goods or cap space to get them, and of course trevor ariza is to good to be traded for all star caliber players! anything is possible here--print a name, put the SA 30 pick and Tim Thomas and you may get KG!
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/24/2005  3:51 PM

on a side note I pumped "bizarro" into Yahoo images and this was the page that came up...

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=bizarro&fr=FP-tab-img-t-222&toggle=1&ei=UTF-8

information superhighway indeed
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/24/2005  4:32 PM
From what I hear down here in Atlanta, the Hawks ae high on Sam and they are waaaaay under the cap and can grossly overpay for sam... Then they could add a guy like williams or chris paul, the hawks could quickly improve that team...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/24/2005  7:16 PM
Posted by tkf:

From what I hear down here in Atlanta, the Hawks ae high on Sam and they are waaaaay under the cap and can grossly overpay for sam... Then they could add a guy like williams or chris paul, the hawks could quickly improve that team...
I am down in Atlanta too and that's all I hear is Dalembert should get what he wants. That's why I don't see Atlanta taking Bogut. Yep, and I see them going after Paul too. I think they want to go back to what worked for them like a guy like Theo Ratliff or a Mutumbo, defensive minded center.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/24/2005  8:57 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by tkf:

I am down in Atlanta too and that's all I hear is Dalembert should get what he wants. That's why I don't see Atlanta taking Bogut. Yep, and I see them going after Paul too. I think they want to go back to what worked for them like a guy like Theo Ratliff or a Mutumbo, defensive minded center.

Sports radio down here is all about dalembert, and the hawks have the money under the cap, the problem is that no one wants to come here, but I bet atlanta will offer Sam more money than anyone else, and he will come, unlike Kenyon who had many suitors.. They won't take marvin william( since Their GM is a idiot) because they feel that Josh smith is their answer at SF, but in all fairness, why take wiliimans with both josh's there playing basically the same positions, they don't need 3 SF's. Anyway I think the hawks want paul, especially if they get dalembert..

Paul
Childress
Josh smith
Harrington
Dalember

That is one nice, young athletic core of players...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/24/2005  9:39 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by crzymdups:

sure he is, this is becoming the Knicks bizzaro message board where we put up anyone name thinking we have the goods or cap space to get them, and of course trevor ariza is to good to be traded for all star caliber players! anything is possible here--print a name, put the SA 30 pick and Tim Thomas and you may get KG!

throw in the lottery pick & i think you can get a star player for TT's expiring contract & the 2 picks...we got Marbury for a similar package & NO ONE thought that would ever happen either.

of course, not someone like KG or Lebron.

[Edited by - TMS on 04/24/2005 21:41:13]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/24/2005  9:58 PM
Why would Philly do this deal??? you must be out of your minds........Why??? please tell me
The true Knickabocker..........
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/25/2005  12:04 AM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by crzymdups:

throw in the lottery pick & i think you can get a star player for TT's expiring contract & the 2 picks...we got Marbury for a similar package & NO ONE thought that would ever happen either.

of course, not someone like KG or Lebron.

[Edited by - TMS on 04/24/2005 21:41:13]

When Marbury came, Phoenix was clearing $120 million (Marbs and Penny) off their long term cap for two players they did not like. They got some draft picks and two Euros for him.

Why would Philly DO US A FAVOR and sign and trade Dalembert? When they could just let Atlanta overpay or sign him themselves. We have NOTHING they want. NOTHING. We also play in their division.

I agree, strange things can happen, but they usually happen for a reason. And the reason usually involves money. There's no money for Philly to save by re-signing their own guy and then handing him over to us! Why would they do this? To take a look at tim Thomas? PLEASe.
¿ △ ?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/25/2005  8:55 AM
i'm not talking about Sam Dalembert necessarily...i'm talking about a team looking to clear salary like Phoenix...this was a general reply to the notion that it's impossible to get a star calibre player w/expiring contracts & 1st round picks...we've seen it happen before.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Samuel Dalembert

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy