[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who would trade for Starbury
Author Thread
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
4/24/2005  1:54 AM
What team do you think would take Marbury and for who? I think we can trade Marbury and Sweetman to clippers for Kerry Kittles, Maggette, and their first rounder. Kittles contract is up after this season so thats 10 mill off the cap. Isiah thomas says Marbury is not untouchable. Maybe its just that few if any team wants to touch him, in other words no team is willing to trade for him.
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/24/2005  3:27 AM
No I think he likes marbury because they are similar type players. But that trade sucks. Its for cap relief and we would still be 10's of millions of dollars over the cap. He's a really good player and with the right playes he could be great. He is not the problem and trading him really doesn't make sense because we can't get even close to equal value for him. And with this 'dark cloud' hovering over him, teams aren't willing to take him unless its in their best interests.
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
4/24/2005  9:33 AM
Trade Marbury to where ever Flip Saunders ends up coaching...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
4/24/2005  9:46 AM
Maggette would be a start but if you look at Kittles stats he is removed from his career highs by 7-8 years.Would have to throw someone better in the mix.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/24/2005  9:49 AM
steve francis & orlando

I could see orlando doing this- not sure I would.

Philadelphia & AI if they think they could do better with a pg than ai- doubt they would do it

Lakers and Kobe- perhaps they sour on kobe

sacramento was getting blown out last night, perhaps they want to rebuild- they did end of making it close (didn't see rest of game)

Maybe memphis grizzlies & they trade jason williams & Stro Swift

there are a handful of teams that might be possible suitors, but I think its too hard to make a deal that makes sense to both parties.

and I don't think isiah is going to trade him, he just wants to see marbs develop into a leader like jason kidd/ steve nash.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/24/2005  12:54 PM
I'd trade Marbury for Lebron. Yes I would do it!

OK, like Isiah said, if the right deal came, one would make the trade. The fact is that that trade may not come. I don't think many teams are holding their breath waiting for the time to make the trades so they can ask Isiah about Marbury. Isiah would have to be the one asking and it will likely do no good. So, just keep Marbury, give him a center, a new starting SF, a new coach and see what happens. Marbury is a great player and unlike many players out there, his biggest dream is to win a championship in NY. With the right cast, we could see Marbury jumping from allstar to superstar, from good to great. He has the fire you need to have in NY, he just needs the weapons. Give him those, and if he fails, then trade him...
Knicks_Fan
WOODMANnYk
USA
4/24/2005  2:14 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

OK, like Isiah said, if the right deal came, one would make the trade. The fact is that that trade may not come. I don't think many teams are holding their breath waiting for the time to make the trades so they can ask Isiah about Marbury. Isiah would have to be the one asking and it will likely do no good. So, just keep Marbury, give him a center, a new starting SF, a new coach and see what happens. Marbury is a great player and unlike many players out there, his biggest dream is to win a championship in NY. With the right cast, we could see Marbury jumping from allstar to superstar, from good to great. He has the fire you need to have in NY, he just needs the weapons. Give him those, and if he fails, then trade him...

Thats nice that you like it but Cleveland wouldn't like it.. To get LEbron, Knicks would have to give up the whole organization.. LOL!!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/24/2005  2:34 PM
Posted by WOODMANnYk:
Posted by Knicksfan:

Thats nice that you like it but Cleveland wouldn't like it.. To get LEbron, Knicks would have to give up the whole organization.. LOL!!

Thats what I meant. So, with no really good trade in the horizon, better keep Marbury and get him the right cast.
Knicks_Fan
WOODMANnYk
USA
4/24/2005  2:52 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by WOODMANnYk:
Posted by Knicksfan:

Thats what I meant. So, with no really good trade in the horizon, better keep Marbury and get him the right cast.
HAte to tell ya but it's best that the Knicks trade MArbury and try to obtain some frontcourt help or get a legit big shooting guard who can play dee up and move crawford to the point..

A player like MArbury's caliber is very difficult to fit into a system. Everywhere he goes, he seemed to fail leading his team.. He's turned into a jinx..

Soon as he leaves a team, they end up with 50 plus wins the next yr.. If Knicks trade MArbury, they'll not only be a better team but they'll also win 50 plus games..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/24/2005  4:13 PM
Ray Allen for Marbury makes some sense if we were to deal him. Starting Crawford and Allen in the backcourt fits the triangle offense to prefection. Adding BIg Z in the center would complete what Phil Jackson is looking for.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/24/2005  4:16 PM
Marbs gets traded only if Phil coaches. And then we'll let Phil decide whom he wants.
gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
4/24/2005  4:16 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

Ray Allen for Marbury makes some sense if we were to deal him. Starting Crawford and Allen in the backcourt fits the triangle offense to prefection. Adding BIg Z in the center would complete what Phil Jackson is looking for.

you're right it does fit the triangle to perfection but I'd be careful with Allen since he's older than Marbury and injury prone. How about Michael Redd can we do a sign and trade for him?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/24/2005  4:39 PM
Gasol and Watson (sign and trade) for Marbury and pick 30

Gasol is horribly overrated but the pair of them is worth it
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
USA
4/24/2005  4:46 PM
Posted by fishmike:

love it! not sure Memphis would do it though
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/24/2005  6:13 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Man that's an intriguing trade but I'm not sure I'd do it. I'm not done with Marbs - he's still a hell of a player. This trade leaves us with a backcourt of Crawford and Watson () and we're still short a center. We take Petro or Andreezy at 8 to line up with Gasol. Nah, I wouldn't do it. Of course it's entirely academic because Memphis doesn't need Marbs to go with JWill and they're not about to trade big for small, especially with Swift potentially leaving.
gunsnewing
USA
4/24/2005  6:23 PM
not if we draft Gerald Green
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
4/24/2005  6:28 PM
If we were able to make salaries match I would do a Stephon for Wilcox and Maggette....L has Livingston though, there is no reason for them to grab Steph.
~You can't run from who you are.~
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/24/2005  6:28 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

not if we draft Gerald Green

He's not gonna be there at 8.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/24/2005  9:29 PM
Posted by joec32033:

If we were able to make salaries match I would do a Stephon for Wilcox and Maggette....L has Livingston though, there is no reason for them to grab Steph.

absolutely would love that trade, but like you said they have Livingston...but Marbury & Brand would make a devastating pick & roll tandem.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/24/2005  9:37 PM
Marb can demand to be traded back to Minnesota. That would be the ideal place for him to be. He and Garnett reunited and win finally win a championship??? Wowwwwww, that would have been the shizzneet.
The true Knickabocker..........
Who would trade for Starbury

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy