extras - JYD, Bender
IL - Butler, Alan Anderson, Jermaine Jackson
RETIRED - Houston
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/23/2005  10:07 PM
holy schnikeys...caffeine free broham...caffeine free...
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/23/2005  10:49 PM
trade Tim, Trevor, and lotto pick for Artest and Bender
I'd do that, but I'd love to be able to do it without Ariza or Bender involved.

trade Mike, Penny, and Suns pick for Magloire and PJ
I'm not a huge Magloire fan, but I'd do that deal.

trade Kurt and the Spurs 06 pick for Kwame
I'd definitely do that. If Kwame doesn't work out, all you lost are a 32 year old declining PF and a late draft pick. It's a smart gamble.

sign Marko Jaric with the MLE
I'd rather get Bobby Simmons, but I definitely wouldn't complain about getting Jaric with the MLE.

diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/23/2005  11:01 PM
You are a fool for suggesting a total blow up of this squad. How in the world can we ever develop consistancy if we keep on changing players and coaches???? We need to find a formula and stick to it. Find players and allow then to lose and win games. That is what is wrong with N.Y, we are a very impatient city. What I really want right now is a 3 year plan, a coach that will be around for 3 or more, and GM that will be around for the same amount of time, and most of all, some young talents that will around to learn and implement the system that will be in place. Get rid of anyone who has been around before the current GM or anyone who has been around for more than 3 years, I.E., Kurt Thomas and Houston, and let the new players develop a feel for eachother....
The true Knickabocker..........
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/23/2005  11:05 PM
the first trade is the only thing that bithers me. I don't think we should trade Ariza at all. Let him develop, we never develop our youngin's and travor could come back to bite us!

I'd trade sweets and penny for pj magloire. Get some Defense and height in here.

I don't think the Spurs pick will be enought to get Kwame, but if it is, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Bobby Simmons probably isn't a MLE player, but if we could get him for that then great. I don't know about Marko Jaric, but aside from the first trade I think this could work nicely for us. We would have some defensive players and a decent big in the middle. That would be an identity I could live with.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/23/2005  11:08 PM
LOL. Looks like a panic. I do expect a panic play to tell you the truth. Just getting names and throwing them together inchorently with no style of play. See the fall of the Yankees. The great yankee machine was built through the farm system. They went away from that, but they still had the core foundation, along with a HUGE and unfair monetary advantage. But slowly, slowly they have become they are becoming the Knicks.

But yes, I do expect a panic play- but you put together a team of other teams misfits--and were not getting Artest--but I would believe in Magliore if we gave up our draft picks+ Sweetney, although it would be a severe rip-off. Pick 30 means nothing.

the team needed to be rebuilt after 1999, and at a minimum 2000. Until they put in the time to do it right and get some breaks, it will swirl in a circle of mediocrity. The Pacers dont have a long shelf life, I can see them trading Artest, but only if they got =vet value.
Kwame is up and down who knows, but it apeears likely that he will be a wizard since they already offered him 7.5mm

Magliore could be had, but he is the eiptomy of an over-rated, inconsistent guy who will average 60 games a year for the rest of his career.

But I dont doubt something like this happens, change the names around some, but in the end it will be another expensive disaster.
RIP Crushalot😞
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/23/2005  11:11 PM
Again, whomever suggested that trade is a fool. The only guys I would trade are: Kurt, Malik because he wants to be a starter, TT, Penny, and Sweetney only if we can get a high draft pick for him or another big and athletic guy. Although I can't stand Houston, but I would keep him around because he will be a hell of a commodity for other teams in his last year. That is it.

Ariza, Crawf, Marburry, JB eventhough I have yet to see him play, JYD how could anyone even suggest trading a player like that, and keep Mo because if he gets in shape and if used properly can be a hell of a player
The true Knickabocker..........
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/24/2005  12:46 AM
Yeah, like we are that far from being a good team. The fact that a lot of our losses were of 6 pts. or less tells us that this team isn't that far. And, anyway, why would the other teams do those trades? We need some pieces that we can get this offseason to become a playoff team next season.

No panic moves, please. We had enough with Layden, and look how they panned out...
Knicks_Fan
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
4/24/2005  12:51 AM
It would have been much easier to blow this team up before Isiah arrived and messed things up further.

Of course, if Layden hadn't moronically traded Camby and Nene for McDyess (which was one the worst trades in the history of sports), there would have been no need to blow the team up then.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/24/2005  1:02 AM
Posted by Rich:

It would have been much easier to blow this team up before Isiah arrived and messed things up further.

Of course, if Layden hadn't moronically traded Camby and Nene for McDyess (which was one the worst trades in the history of sports), there would have been no need to blow the team up then.

Very true.

Even so, if you were going to give Isiah the GM duty, then let him blow the team. If Dolan had instructed him so, the Marbury trade and the Tiny Tim trade would've never happened. We would have Sweetney, Lampe and Ariza. Probably we would've traded for Craw because it is a move for the future. Anyway, we would be in that process already. But Dolan has the same mindset of most GMs in NY, retool, make the playoffs, fill the seats, and Im a happy man. No real championship play.

I believe Isiah is trying to do both things at the same time, but he still lacks a plan, a direction. Meanwhyle, the Knicks have the wrong veterans and more young players coming our way. Strange situation in NY...
Knicks_Fan
BLOW THIS TEAM UP

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy