[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sprewell's Absence
Author Thread
kubie1084
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #19
USA
4/14/2002  7:41 PM
Anyone else think this is just a stunt by spree to decrease his trade value so he can stay and getting benched so the knicks will lose and get a better lottery pick? Or is this a stunt from above spree to help the knicks lose and get a better pick while not making spree look bad on the court, meaning his trade value stays high as he doesn't have to intentionally play bad to make the knicks lose? or am i just reading into this too much?
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/14/2002  11:32 PM
Posted by kubie1084:

Anyone else think this is just a stunt by spree to decrease his trade value so he can stay and getting benched so the knicks will lose and get a better lottery pick? Or is this a stunt from above spree to help the knicks lose and get a better pick while not making spree look bad on the court, meaning his trade value stays high as he doesn't have to intentionally play bad to make the knicks lose? or am i just reading into this too much?
hmm, good interpretations. either way, we won the game, and spree looked bad by sitting out...
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/16/2002  1:05 PM
Posted by kubie1084:

based on the amount of money he lost, this directive to skip the game so hopefully the knicks would lose didn't come from management.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/16/2002  9:32 PM
I don't think this effects Sprewell's future with the Knicks at all. He wants to stay in New York and they will hold onto him because he is the franchise player. I would be unbelievably surprised if he did get traded on draft day or this summer. He and Houston will remain Knicks hopefully they can improve through the draft by getting a player like Chris Wilcox and maybe signing a good free agent. With 6-8 point guard Marco Jaric coming to LA and Keyon Dooling finally getting healthy, i don't see Jeff McInnis staying in LA. We could trade Mark Jackson or Charlie Ward for him because they might be able to use a decent veteran point guard to tuter the young guys.

C Marcus Camby, Fatih Solak
PF Kurt Thomas, Chris Wilcox, Clarence Weatherspoon
SF Latrell Sprewell, Shandon Anderson
SG Allan Houston, Lavor Postell
PG Jeff McInnis, Howard Eisley, Charlie Ward

I think this is the type of team we would have the best chance at competing with.
Sprewell's Absence

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy