[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Alain Koffi worth our second pick?
Author Thread
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
4/23/2005  2:37 PM
Dont know if he has been brought up before but this kid has something.He is 21,started playing Bball late and can do it at both ends of the floor.

The first clip shows a block followed by a dunk and the second one is a montage with some impressive moves offensively and defensively.Id take him with our second pick.

http://www.msb.fr/videos/1139.wmv

http://www.msb.fr/videos/1361.wmv
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
4/23/2005  2:49 PM
wow great find! this guy is impressive. So smooth and nice shot from the perimeter and very athletic! What position does he play, PF? Where is he from? And what league is he in? is it the competion decent? good competion or not these clips impressed me

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 04/23/2005 14:50:38]
Kwazimodal
4/23/2005  2:53 PM
http://www.draftcity.com/viewprofile.php?p=300

Im sure there is more about him out there.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/23/2005  6:30 PM
Looks like a 2nd round pick to me. Clips are nice but easily misleading - any guy playing ball is gonna have a few good moves during the year and can be made to look like a star. Imagine the clips you could put together for Tiny Tim!!
Kwazimodal
4/23/2005  7:55 PM
Cmon Marv,the difference between our pick and the second round is one pick!Besides,he is 21 with 3 years of organized basketball,not an 8 year NBA veteran.

Yes clips can be misleading but there is enough in that one to show the kid might be very raw but has talent.If he busts its no big deal.Its the 30th pick.

He might make a good backup PF/C.Hope that Isiah at least checks him out.If he isnt what Isiah is looking for then no sweat.I trust his eye for talent.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/23/2005  10:26 PM
Damn, this dude is a hell of an athlete. He runs the floor pretty nicely, react nicely on the defensive end, and has great elevation. But, how tall is he???
The true Knickabocker..........
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/23/2005  11:21 PM
this kid is a smaller version and not as athletic as pops mensah

i still feel pops is a candidate for our 30 pick. Quite frankly he is a guy no one talks about, but has such phenominal potential and plays with such intensity[he plays like he was injected with ardenalin--125% intenisty , plus he has more athletic ability than any big in this draft including warrick]
he actually got a lot of hype on espn 2 years ago and started out on fire this year until he ripped ligamants in his hand. I saw him play against Michigant sate early in the year, and after the game I thought he was headed for a top 6-7 pick, that s how good he played. But his injury and the combination that he still is raw, hurt him a bit, but make no mistake, this kid would be a helluva 30 pick IMHO.
Pops also weighs 237 pounds
RIP Crushalot😞
Kwazimodal
4/23/2005  11:46 PM
The mock drafts Ive been following have Mensah going at either 47 or 48.If you have some clips Id love to see them!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/24/2005  12:40 AM
Posted by Kwazimodal:

The mock drafts Ive been following have Mensah going at either 47 or 48.If you have some clips Id love to see them!

clips? come on, Ive seen him play atleast 7-8 times over the last few years and he was a fixture on ESPN in segments with Sportscenter. He's 6-9 237 and has a 41 inch vertical leap. He's a freak of nature. I kind of thought of him once I saw the clips, because Pops has only been playing basketball for a very short period of time too, he's kind of raw, but he has lottery physical talent. If he opts out of this draft and back to school, he's a SURE fire 1st round pick next year. They haev a system at G-Wash where the players only go 22-26 minutes--kind of like Mich St--where the coach says go full tilt for that time and has a second unit. If this kid played 38 minutes, you're talking about 18-19 points 9-10 reb 2.5 blocks 2 steals and he shoots at a 60% clip. He hounds people on the D with his unusual long arms and physicality.
RIP Crushalot😞
Kwazimodal
4/24/2005  12:50 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Kwazimodal:

clips? come on, Ive seen him play atleast 7-8 times over the last few years.....

Briggs.You are obviously sold on this kid,you got my interest,I want to see whats so special about him.Whats the big deal?
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/24/2005  12:52 AM
A guy that has had only a short time playing organized bball and is a PF/C looks like a good experiment to me for a second rounder. Of course, if you can find another Ariza, take him. Maybe he is next year's Ariza. We need a backup PG so if we get a C and a SF with the first round picks, it wouldn't hurt to draft a PG with the second round pick.

Whatever, just bring the best guy avaliable at that pick...
Knicks_Fan
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/24/2005  9:22 AM
Posted by Kwazimodal:

Cmon Marv,the difference between our pick and the second round is one pick!Besides,he is 21 with 3 years of organized basketball,not an 8 year NBA veteran.

Yes clips can be misleading but there is enough in that one to show the kid might be very raw but has talent.If he busts its no big deal.Its the 30th pick.

He might make a good backup PF/C.Hope that Isiah at least checks him out.If he isnt what Isiah is looking for then no sweat.I trust his eye for talent.

If we were Phoenix using this pick, I'd agree with you. Instead we're the knicks and we can't afford a bust with this pick. And there's no reason why we should. Again look at what San Antone and Dallas have always been able to do with late 1st round picks. We really have to find a gem with it.

My only point about the clips is that they can be very misleading about what a guy's game is really like. You're right that they show potential and are only meant to direct someone's attention for further evaluation, not anything to base their whole game on. Still, I'm sure there are awesome clips of Skita from Europe or Moisio from his pre-NBA days, etc.
Kwazimodal
4/24/2005  9:34 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Kwazimodal:

If we were Phoenix using this pick, I'd agree with you. Instead we're the knicks and we can't afford a bust with this pick. And there's no reason why we should. Again look at what San Antone and Dallas have always been able to do with late 1st round picks. We really have to find a gem with it.

My only point about the clips is that they can be very misleading about what a guy's game is really like. You're right that they show potential and are only meant to direct someone's attention for further evaluation, not anything to base their whole game on. Still, I'm sure there are awesome clips of Skita from Europe or Moisio from his pre-NBA days, etc.

Point taken Marv.I hope he is on their scouting list.If he isnt all that,well at least Isiah was being thorough.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/24/2005  12:32 PM
Posted by Marv:

Yeah, we can't afford to turn one of those picks into a bust, especially the first ones. With the second, we can get a player thats a project, but again, there could be another Ariza in the second round for us. Many good role players are taken in that roud. Some stars aren't even drafted, so each one of our draft picks is vital for the present and future of the franchise.

Im hopeful that, if there is something great Isiah can do, is judge talent and get the best player avaliable...
Knicks_Fan
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/24/2005  10:12 PM
AFter watching the drast yesterday, I can't wait to see how my Knicks will do. Danm, that is a long time to wait. We are talking about at least 2to3 months....I am going to go insane friends...
The true Knickabocker..........
Alain Koffi worth our second pick?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy