[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A clip of Tiago Splitter
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/26/2005  9:48 AM
Isiah will go for the juggular this off season. He knows that we are desperate in that department, and judging by how many trips that he took in Europe, I won't be surprise if he does draft Petro and a big from the college ranks....

Posted by Knick2001:
We just can't afford not to draft at least 2 Centers for next season.

Extremely doubtful. They'll be lucky to draft one center.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/26/2005  10:16 AM
Posted by Knick2001:
We just can't afford not to draft at least 2 Centers for next season.

Extremely doubtful. They'll be lucky to draft one center.

you should rephrase that. they'd be lucky to draft one center who isn't a frederic weis like bust!
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/26/2005  1:37 PM
Guns, other than Splitter's nationality why do you think he is going to be a better prospect than Petro, other than pre-draft mocks which I wouldn't rely on because all reports that I seen on NBA TV have Splitter dropping and Petro rising. NBADRAFT.NET is the worst mock site. They don't even bother to compare their mocks to actuals anymore. I would like to see those two have a workout together, or any of these Euros be forced to work out against NBA talent or collegiate talent. Don't understand how they get away with that stuff.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
4/26/2005  5:08 PM
Splitter is improving lately, but I think the NBA going in the very wrong way if a players such as Splitter and Petro are in the top 10. I hate the word "potencial". Come one! let the players develop and don't turn them into bench stars with just 19 years old. Let's face it, none of them is going to be a starter in a single NBA team. Let them AT LEAST have a full season being starters to prove if the are worth the risk of having them playing in the best basketball league of the world.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/26/2005  7:00 PM
Posted by DarkKnicks:

Splitter is improving lately, but I think the NBA going in the very wrong way if a players such as Splitter and Petro are in the top 10. I hate the word "potencial". Come one! let the players develop and don't turn them into bench stars with just 19 years old. Let's face it, none of them is going to be a starter in a single NBA team. Let them AT LEAST have a full season being starters to prove if the are worth the risk of having them playing in the best basketball league of the world.
The problem with your argument is that everyone is not gonna do it. Some Gm's will agree and others wont. Will some teams don't get these guys, others will draft them and let them sit and develop cheaply. That is one way of getting a very special talent without having to have a high draft pick. The age rule in the NBA is the only thing that will help this. These young guys would have to go play somewhere and develop and it would make the draft full of better, more skilled players.
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
4/27/2005  5:15 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by DarkKnicks:

The problem with your argument is that everyone is not gonna do it. Some Gm's will agree and others wont. Will some teams don't get these guys, others will draft them and let them sit and develop cheaply. That is one way of getting a very special talent without having to have a high draft pick. The age rule in the NBA is the only thing that will help this. These young guys would have to go play somewhere and develop and it would make the draft full of better, more skilled players.
Yes, I totally agree with you. But to me it's ok if you take the risk with 2nd round picks "a la" Vujanic. But if you have the chance to draft a top ten pick, you MUST select a player who has shown that he is good, not a player with "potential". Anyway, you are right, I hope the age rule helps the NBA.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/27/2005  9:40 AM
If we go by video clips, Fran Vazquez would be a lot better than Tiago and Petro.
BigAppleStar3
Member: #683
USA
4/27/2005  11:19 AM
Not high on Tiago Splitter, Fran Vazquez or Johan Petro. :/ I'd rather go with Danny Granger, Charlie Villanueva or Hakim Warrick. i know we need size but that can come in the summer through a trade. We need some depth at SF with Penny Hardaway and Tim Thomas becoming FA's in 2006.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/27/2005  11:52 AM
Posted by NYKBocker:

If we go by video clips, Fran Vazquez would be a lot better than Tiago and Petro.
Shoot some clips of Vasquez, I've never seen him in action.
A clip of Tiago Splitter

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy