Dale Davis
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
nyvector16
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #130
USA
4/14/2002  7:17 PM
I would never do this trade... Harrington is one of our few tradable pieces without a huge contract and Our 2002 pick would solidify our mediocrity for an even longer time than what we are facing now. Plugging holes with aging players is'nt the solution we need...
UNLESS!!!
there was a third team involved and we could get some young blood...
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/14/2002  8:55 PM
The fate of the franchise rests in the hands of Scott Layden and this year's draft pick. We don't need Mighty Mouse, Derek Anderson, or over-paid, one dimensional Dale Davis. Trade Camby, trade Sprewell for either a pick on draft day or a guy whose contract is ending. That's probably all they'll be able to do.
#Knickstaps
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/14/2002  10:22 PM
I don't know why people are so ready to trade Spree... I love the guy!!! He has great work ethic and seems to be one of the few players on our squad with actual intensity... No matter who you draft at the SG or SF position.. no player will have the impact that Spree has... Only way in hell I think we should trade spree would be if we could unload some serious contracts along with him for expiring ones... trading him for a draft pick would'nt really be a full step in the right direction because like the Clippers and the Bulls have shown.. you do need some veteran blood in the mix to be truly a championship team... I'm just saying... those contracts prevent us from signing anyone of superstar caliber through free agency... Picks are nice... but Spree is worth more.. to at least have some cap space to offer serious money to a superstar would be the only thing worth while trading spree for...
other than finding some idiot GM willing to get jerked in a trade..
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/14/2002  11:22 PM
You said it yourself, "has great work ethic and seems to be one of the few players on our squad with actual intensity". That's what makes him so tradeable. He's my favorite Knick too, but if we can further rebuilding by trading him I'm ready to show him the door.
#Knickstaps
NY/Portland - Knicks get some new blood

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy