[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dwayne Jones enters NBA draft
Author Thread
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
4/22/2005  5:20 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cbask/news/aen3856390.htm

Saint Joseph's Jones declares for draft
Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Saint Joseph's center Dwayne Jones has decided to forgo his final season of college eligibility and enter the upcoming NBA Draft.

Jones has not hired an agent and can return to school by pulling his name from the draft on, or before, June 21.

"It's been a dream of mine to play basketball in the NBA and to be able to provide for my family. I feel I've put myself in position to have the chance to play at that level," said Jones. "I'd like to take full advantage of this opportunity now since I am graduating in May. I will use the evaluation process to determine whether I would be a first-round pick, but will not hire an agent so I have the option of returning to Saint Joseph's next year."

The 6-foot-11 Jones had an excellent season, averaging 10.1 points, 11.6 rebounds and 3.0 blocked shots in 36 games. He ranked fifth in the nation in both rebounds and blocked shots per game and was named the Atlantic 10 Conference's Defensive Player of the Year.

"Dwayne's growth over the years has prepared him for the challenge that this opportunity presents. He has accomplished many great things on and off the court," said Hawk coach Phil Martelli. "It's an exciting time for D.J. as he graduates next month and has the possibility of testing himself against the best players in the country."

04/20 18:44:43 ET
AUTOADVERT
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
4/22/2005  5:22 PM
My bad diderotn posted it it...and lock.
Dwayne Jones enters NBA draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy