[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

and with the 8th pick in the draft the NY Knicks select
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/22/2005  5:14 PM
]Martynas Andriuskevicius

Well, there goes Gerald Green! the only thing I don't like about this is i kind of scripted 7 guys and couldnt come up with 8:>(

but hoefully we either get some luck;.0 yeah right

or marty and or some other things happen that we didnt figure!

Now Bobcats want Marvin W not Chris Paul--god I dont really want a PG at 8!!!!! jees at pick 30 you could get Gilchrist or Jack who may be just as good as the lottery picks

I want to see Bargnani
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/22/2005  5:16 PM

¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/22/2005  5:20 PM
He's the 7'3" guy right? I think the Raptors will pick him. They desperately need size because they want Bosh to play PF and their lottery pick last year (Arrujo sp?) has been awful so far.

Maybe, with the 8th pick the Knicks obtain...Ron Artest

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 04/22/2005 17:21:07]
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/22/2005  5:36 PM
Okay so we definitely wont be getting Green, Bogut or Williams, (barring divine intervention)but besides that, we have a shot at most of the good talent. Many bigs are still available. Every team that picks a PG before us helps us because there is no way we should pick one with any 1st round pick.

Warrick, Taft, Splitter, vasquez, Frye. Petro and many others will all most likely be on the board, maybe 1 of those names womnt, so we are still in great shape.

Draft City has the big Italian kid going 4th so I don't think we ever had a shot, if they are accurate.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
4/22/2005  6:02 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

Okay so we definitely wont be getting Green, Bogut or Williams, (barring divine intervention)

Looking back,I dont think that God is a Knicks fan.The only way I see us moving up is if we trade Ariza or Sweets and future 1st round picks.I doubt the low first rounders we have now will cut it.
Killa4luv
USA
4/22/2005  6:24 PM
Trade sweets then. he isnt super special. Sweets and a future 1st for Gerlad green or Marvin williams or Bogut makes alot of sense to me. Especially since with bogut, we probably wont be lottery next year (if he is what they say he is and can give us 8 and 8).
Killa4luv
USA
4/22/2005  6:25 PM
BTW God is a knick fan, he is teaching us all patience and humility. This is like the trials of job.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
4/22/2005  6:28 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

Trade sweets then. he isnt super special. Sweets and a future 1st for Gerlad green or Marvin williams or Bogut makes alot of sense to me.

Unfortunately, that doesn't make any sense for the other team.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/22/2005  6:30 PM
I have no problem taking Andruskevicius. If Zeke goes out there and thinks he's the guy, so be it. I have no problem taking a chance on a coordinated, 7'3" player who has outplayed his age group when given a chance, and is training with Sabonis.

In fact, I have no problem taking any of those top guys at around 8. If we're not getting into the top 3-4 by winning the lottery then the talent gets pretty equal the rest of the way.
Kwazimodal
4/22/2005  6:31 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

BTW God is a knick fan, he is teaching us all patience and humility. This is like the trials of job.

Lol.I dont know Killa,Ive been patient for 32 years.Let him impart patience and humility on a team with a superstar and plenty of cap room.
BRIGGS
4/22/2005  6:36 PM
this is how I scripted it out

Marvin Williams
Andrew Bogut
Gerald Greene
Andrea Bargnani
Chris Paul
Ray Felton
Martell Webster

I think ultimately these are your top 7 anyway you ant to put them
I think the next step is a tier down and unfortunately we sit one step below the tier. It really is to bad we had to use our starters against the wash scrubs, not only did we lose pongage to get into the top 3, we ultimately took a dip out of the top tier talent pool IMHO.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/22/2005  6:43 PM
Posted by VDesai:

I have no problem taking Andruskevicius. If Zeke goes out there and thinks he's the guy, so be it. I have no problem taking a chance on a coordinated, 7'3" player who has outplayed his age group when given a chance, and is training with Sabonis.

In fact, I have no problem taking any of those top guys at around 8. If we're not getting into the top 3-4 by winning the lottery then the talent gets pretty equal the rest of the way.

I agree with you 100%, absolutely. I was kind of semi-joking up top, and I know the guy has been slightly bashed, but ultimately you are still talking about an athletic highly coordinated 7-3 player and they dont grow on trees.
Im sorry, but those two Spaniards, from everything I have read, are NOT Cs. Bargnani is the top Euro prospect by a good margin and now that we sit at 8, below what I think is a talent step down--if Isiah goes over there and thinks this guy will develop over the next 2-3 years, I'll take it. Chris Taft is a possibility at 8.

I think the next step is drop down and see if you can add another pick. If we were at 7 and Felton was still there, we couldve made one helluva deal with someone.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/22/2005  6:50 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by VDesai:

http://nbadraft.net/draftbuzz015.asp

I agree with you 100%, absolutely. I was kind of semi-joking up top, and I know the guy has been slightly bashed, but ultimately you are still talking about an athletic highly coordinated 7-3 player and they dont grow on trees.
Im sorry, but those two Spaniards, from everything I have read, are NOT Cs. Bargnani is the top Euro prospect by a good margin and now that we sit at 8, below what I think is a talent step down--if Isiah goes over there and thinks this guy will develop over the next 2-3 years, I'll take it. Chris Taft is a possibility at 8.

I think the next step is drop down and see if you can add another pick. If we were at 7 and Felton was still there, we couldve made one helluva deal with someone.
RIP Crushalot😞
Kwazimodal
4/22/2005  6:51 PM
Posted by s3231:
Posted by Killa4luv:

Trade sweets then. he isnt super special. Sweets and a future 1st for Gerlad green or Marvin williams or Bogut makes alot of sense to me.

Unfortunately, that doesn't make any sense for the other team.

I meant to say,trade our 8th pick and Sweets or Ariza and future picks.Even with that I doubt we would move up more than a couple of spots.I guess it would be worth it depending on who was available on draft day with the better pick.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/22/2005  7:16 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by VDesai:

I agree with you here. I don't think the Spaniards are centers either. I'd take Andruiskevicius, Taft, maybe even Petro over Vazquez/Splitter. I think those two guys are talented, but SF/PF, complementary types. Bargnani is highly intriguing...I haven't seen anything for certain that he is entering this draft.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/22/2005  8:05 PM
I do feel that someone like granger, or warrick , or even Frye can have a good workout and move their way, into the top 8, stranger things have happened, I remember a couple of years ago, guys like Qyntel woods was predicted to go top 8, he fell all the way to the bottom of the first round, the workouts will really give us a true idea of what players will fall in the top 8..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/22/2005  10:51 PM
Posted by tkf:

I do feel that someone like granger, or warrick , or even Frye can have a good workout and move their way, into the top 8, stranger things have happened, I remember a couple of years ago, guys like Qyntel woods was predicted to go top 8, he fell all the way to the bottom of the first round, the workouts will really give us a true idea of what players will fall in the top 8..

I think you're exactly right. And Briggs, don't worry about your top 7 - I'd bet you almost anything that one of them will be available at 8.
SKY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #687
USA
4/22/2005  10:58 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

this is how I scripted it out

Marvin Williams
Andrew Bogut
Gerald Greene
Andrea Bargnani
Chris Paul
Ray Felton
Martell Webster

I think ultimately these are your top 7 anyway you ant to put them
I think the next step is a tier down and unfortunately we sit one step below the tier. It really is to bad we had to use our starters against the wash scrubs, not only did we lose pongage to get into the top 3, we ultimately took a dip out of the top tier talent pool IMHO.

Isiah said, "The way I feel right now, I'd trade my mother if the right deal came along."

If he's so committed to building a contender, i can never understand why he won't tank the final 10 games and go for higher pick. And he goes off to Europe for scouting??? I have no clue what he is up to, but it's gonna be very interesting to see what he ends up doing this summer. Man, I can't wait!!!!!!!!
BRIGGS
4/23/2005  10:17 AM
Bargnani not in draft. Oh well, I wonder who isiah is looking in Europe besides the 6 feet blondes;.)
RIP Crushalot😞
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/23/2005  10:25 AM
It isn't over until its over. The Raps have 37 pin balls, we have 35. There isn't really that much of a difference so we still can make it to the top three as Toronto can...

Man, how difficult is to love this stupid Knicks, they had to win the last meaningless game of the season and lose the sole possession on the th pick... grrrr
Knicks_Fan
and with the 8th pick in the draft the NY Knicks select

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy