Kwame Brown
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/25/2005  8:11 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

He had 13 and 9 tonight. Sounds like we could use that.

[Edited by - killa4luv on 04/25/2005 01:39:33]

why? Sweetney gives us that every game...

what we could use is Steven Hunter's 16pts off of dunks and disses drom marbury and his 5blks

Kwame doesn't give us the defense we need at center.

the guys i'm looking at to play C if we don't find a cheap one through the draftare:

1. Chandler
2. Hunter
3. Eddie Griffin
AUTOADVERT
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
4/25/2005  8:24 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Killa4luv:

He had 13 and 9 tonight. Sounds like we could use that.

[Edited by - killa4luv on 04/25/2005 01:39:33]

why? Sweetney gives us that every game...

what we could use is Steven Hunter's 16pts off of dunks and disses drom marbury and his 5blks

Kwame doesn't give us the defense we need at center.

the guys i'm looking at to play C if we don't find a cheap one through the draftare:

1. Chandler
2. Hunter
3. Eddie Griffin

I understand Hunter and Chandler, but Griffin? Another guy we should look at may be Kelvin Cato, who will be entering the last year of his contract or Tony Battie, with whom Orlando may not excercise his option.
~You can't run from who you are.~
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/25/2005  8:39 AM
Posted by joec32033:

Another guy we should look at may be Kelvin Cato, who will be entering the last year of his contract or Tony Battie, with whom Orlando may not excercise his option.
He isnt that reliable man. He is injury prone, he is a victim of his own mood swings and he isnt 7 feet.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
joec32033
USA
4/25/2005  9:05 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by joec32033:

Another guy we should look at may be Kelvin Cato, who will be entering the last year of his contract or Tony Battie, with whom Orlando may not excercise his option.
He isnt that reliable man. He is injury prone, he is a victim of his own mood swings and he isnt 7 feet.

Battie is 6-10, Cato is 6-11..both have question marks, as you said but both are exactly what we need....defensive rebounding (Cato is a shotblocking monster) centers.
gunsnewing
USA
4/25/2005  9:29 AM
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by joec32033:

Battie is 6-10, Cato is 6-11..both have question marks, as you said but both are exactly what we need....defensive rebounding (Cato is a shotblocking monster) centers.

like Silver said, they are injury prone & unreliable. Cato gets lazy for long stretch of games. Despite the blocks he is not a hardworking defender which is the reason he's been traded before. Despite the inflated block #s Orlando had the worst defense in the league and we are very similar to Orlando defensively.

Battie is a solid backup but should never be your starting center.

They're better than Jerome James but thats not saying much.
The only way I would settle for either is if we are in such bad a shape that we can't even go after Steven Hunter. Which is very likely since this is the dumbest franchise in the history of sports.
joec32033
USA
4/25/2005  9:48 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by joec32033:

like Silver said, they are injury prone & unreliable. Cato gets lazy for long stretch of games. Despite the blocks he is not a hardworking defender which is the reason he's been traded before. Despite the inflated block #s Orlando had the worst defense in the league and we are very similar to Orlando defensively.

Battie is a solid backup but should never be your starting center.

The only way I would settle for either is if we are in such bad a shape that we can't even go after Steven Hunter. Which is very likely since this is the dumbest franchise in the history of sports.

Cato blocked the same way on Houston, so I don't think it was the very porous Orlando D, but I like you said, this is not option A, this is if we can't get Hunter or any other "true" center and Taft or Petro is unattainable in the draft. I never meant this to be option A, Jerome James is an interesting prospect, but if he hasn't gotten it by now, I would honestly rather have Cato or Battie, at least they are workers, JJ is L-A-Z-Y!

I think our best way to go is to try and pry Wilcox from the Clips. I would trade our 2nd #1 and one or both of our 2nd rounders for Wilcox (I would only do this because I feel that KT and Sweets can be moved to grab some extra picks)
Silverfuel
USA
4/25/2005  9:49 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Come on bro, they are not the dumbest franchise in the history of sports. Gotta have faith.
gunsnewing
USA
4/25/2005  9:57 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Come on bro, they are not the dumbest franchise in the history of sports. Gotta have faith.

until they prove otherwise they will remain the dumbest lol

like finishing with the 8th lottery seed instead of the 7th by playing the veteran AT THE END OF THE SEASON for no logical reason. Other teams played their better players because they're actually good players and draw crowds. We play Malik Rose thinking people will come to see Rose over Sweetney and Ariza
Silverfuel
USA
4/25/2005  10:35 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

like finishing with the 8th lottery seed instead of the 7th by playing the veteran AT THE END OF THE SEASON for no logical reason.
But thats why its called a lottery. I dont think there is a great % difference. I didnt understand those wins but I cannot KILL them for it.
gunsnewing
USA
4/25/2005  10:38 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by gunsnewing:

like finishing with the 8th lottery seed instead of the 7th by playing the veteran AT THE END OF THE SEASON for no logical reason.
But thats why its called a lottery. I dont think there is a great % difference. I didnt understand those wins but I cannot KILL them for it.

yeah luckily we were still losing and only went from 7th to 8th

We could've easily wound up with the 12th pick if our starters were any good
Silverfuel
USA
4/25/2005  10:40 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

We could've easily wound up with the 12th pick if our starters were any good
LOL ! Wow, you are really pessimistic today.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/25/2005  12:32 PM
13 and 9 are good numbers and Sweets may get that for us, but sweets is still 6-8 at best. We need atheleticism and sweets definitely doesn't posses that.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/25/2005  12:36 PM
aside from 13 & 9, Kwame was making guys change shots while driving to the hole, something no one on this Knicks team is capable of doing...the ability to finish using his athleticism too is another huge plus, since other than JYD none of the other PF's on this team possess all that much athleticism either.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/25/2005  12:43 PM
Posted by TMS:

aside from 13 & 9, Kwame was making guys change shots while driving to the hole, something no one on this Knicks team is capable of doing...the ability to finish using his athleticism too is another huge plus, since other than JYD none of the other PF's on this team possess all that much athleticism either.
Yeah, and what he said too.

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 04/25/2005 12:43:17]
Kwame Brown

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy